Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paging Study.com: Please reclassify courses on the TESU transfer tab
Hi Study,
I have been wondering why all of a sudden we are having people think that Health counts as a science credit at TESU. I think I finally figured it out when I was looking at a question from another poster. You have Health listed as a science when it counts at TESU as a free elective. As a matter of fact, you have several courses that are really BSPS/ free electives that are listed throughout your handy transfer tab in other areas.

Would you mind re-listing the following courses as something like "Free Elective/ BSPS Specialization"? That way people would know that they are only good for free electives and the BSPS track.

Finance 102: Personal Finance/ BUE-101 : Personal Finance (Supportive Professional Studies) 3

Health 101: Principles of Health/ HEA-103 : Here's To Your Health (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 101: Foundations of Education/ EDU-102 : Foundations of Education (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 103: Classroom Management/ EDU-319 : Classroom Management Techniques (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 104: Differentiated Instruction/ EDU-299 : Special Topics in Education (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 105: Special Education History & Law/ SPE-200 : Introduction to Special Education (Specialized Career Track) 3

Don't get me wrong, these are great classes to offer, but I have wondered why people are getting confused about health and about education classes being good for a BA Liberal Studies/ Social Science. This would help solve the problem, I think.

Many thanks. Smile
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:Hi Study,
I have been wondering why all of a sudden we are having people think that Health counts as a science credit at TESU. I think I finally figured it out when I was looking at a question from another poster. You have Health listed as a science when it counts at TESU as a free elective. As a matter of fact, you have several courses that are really BSPS/ free electives that are listed throughout your handy transfer tab in other areas.

Would you mind re-listing the following courses as something like "Free Elective/ BSPS Specialization"? That way people would know that they are only good for free electives and the BSPS track.

Finance 102: Personal Finance/ BUE-101 : Personal Finance (Supportive Professional Studies) 3

Health 101: Principles of Health/ HEA-103 : Here's To Your Health (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 101: Foundations of Education/ EDU-102 : Foundations of Education (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 103: Classroom Management/ EDU-319 : Classroom Management Techniques (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 104: Differentiated Instruction/ EDU-299 : Special Topics in Education (Specialized Career Track) 3

Education 105: Special Education History & Law/ SPE-200 : Introduction to Special Education (Specialized Career Track) 3

Don't get me wrong, these are great classes to offer, but I have wondered why people are getting confused about health and about education classes being good for a BA Liberal Studies/ Social Science. This would help solve the problem, I think.

Many thanks. Smile

I second this idea! I remember the first time I tried to make my own spreadsheet and sent it to dfrecore. She made all kinds of changes for me because I was only going by the Study.com transfer guide and not looking at the TESU website. I know I had Personal Finance, Here's to Your Health and the only Education course that was available at the time in my Gen Ed sections.
Hello!

Thanks so much for your suggestion! The courses on the transfer guide are grouped into the subject categories based on how they are classified internally, but we understand that this can cause confusion in terms of how the courses will transfer. We've added "Free Elective" to the end of the courses you mentioned, which will hopefully provide some more clarity for students about how the courses will transfer. You can see the updated transfer guide here: Thomas Edison State University.

If there's anything else we can do to reduce confusion, please let us know! Smile

Thanks,

Ori
The Study.com Team

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 312 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,291 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 164 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 877 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 344 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,348 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,441 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM