Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parchment Email for diploma?
Once your degree is conferred at UMPI (mine conferred on Friday), does anyone know how long it will be before I receive the email to order the diploma?
They're still conferring diploma's from session 1 so it could be a bit. Hopefully, it will come soon!
(04-24-2023, 06:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote: They're still conferring diploma's from session 1 so it could be a bit. Hopefully, it will come soon!

I was trying to get a timeframe from those who've already gone through it, a guesstimate. I didn't expect it to be tomorrow, just trying to get an idea.
(04-24-2023, 09:05 PM)Jwheels27 Wrote:
(04-24-2023, 06:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote: They're still conferring diploma's from session 1 so it could be a bit. Hopefully, it will come soon!

I was trying to get a timeframe from those who've already gone through it, a guesstimate. I didn't expect it to be tomorrow, just trying to get an idea.

Parchment issuing diplomas is still very new. I think you're part of the second graduation to go this route. There were a lot of hiccups last round so hopefully this round is smoother and faster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
I have a stupid question, but how do you know when your degree was conferred? Is it posted somewhere in MaineStreet?
I'm still waiting on my degree to be conferred from the March cohort.
(04-25-2023, 10:53 AM)TaraRogan Wrote: I have a stupid question, but how do you know when your degree was conferred? Is it posted somewhere in MaineStreet?

It's not a stupid question

Go to...

Main Street
Student Self-Service
Classic Student Center
Under Academic History
Select Academic Summary.

Boom!

Should say either Active in program/ degree in progress or it'll list your degree, conferral date, GPA, etc.
UMPI: Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science 
[-] The following 3 users Like Jwheels27's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu, ss20ts
(04-25-2023, 11:44 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 10:53 AM)TaraRogan Wrote: I have a stupid question, but how do you know when your degree was conferred? Is it posted somewhere in MaineStreet?

It's not a stupid question

Go to...

Main Street
Student Self-Service
Classic Student Center
Under Academic History
Select Academic Summary.

Boom!

Should say either Active in program/ degree in progress or it'll list your degree, conferral date, GPA, etc.

Awesome, thank you! That helps. Mie still says "Active in Program" so I guess I'm still waiting...
(04-25-2023, 11:51 AM)TaraRogan Wrote: Awesome, thank you! That helps. Mie still says "Active in Program" so I guess I'm still waiting...

Did you apply for graduation? Seems like many people weren't aware that they needed to apply for graduation this session or that there was a deadline for applying. I'm wondering if some didn't get the email. I only remember getting 1 email about it when I was at UMPI. I have 2 degrees from UMPI and still only received 1 email which is odd.
(04-25-2023, 01:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 11:51 AM)TaraRogan Wrote: Awesome, thank you! That helps. Mie still says "Active in Program" so I guess I'm still waiting...

Did you apply for graduation? Seems like many people weren't aware that they needed to apply for graduation this session or that there was a deadline for applying. I'm wondering if some didn't get the email. I only remember getting 1 email about it when I was at UMPI. I have 2 degrees from UMPI and still only received 1 email which is odd.

Why doesn't UMPI operate more like other CBE schools in regard to graduation?  I didn't apply for graduation this term because I wasn't 100% sure I would finish in 1 session.  Once I finished my last class I applied but that was after their deadline.  

The email to students for graduation was written from the perspective of a "normal" college student and not a CBE student in my opinion.  Seems like you should just be able to apply after you have completed your last class and have them confer your degree within a couple weeks.
(04-25-2023, 01:27 PM)joshua27 Wrote: Why doesn't UMPI operate more like other CBE schools in regard to graduation?  I didn't apply for graduation this term because I wasn't 100% sure I would finish in 1 session.  Once I finished my last class I applied but that was after their deadline.  

The email to students for graduation was written from the perspective of a "normal" college student and not a CBE student in my opinion.  Seems like you should just be able to apply after you have completed your last class and have them confer your degree within a couple weeks.

UMPI is different than other CBE programs as grades aren't due until 7 days after the session ends. Other schools like WGU aren't like that. I don't know why UMPI doesn't require grades to be posted within 7 days of completion. My guess is that there is something in the MaineStreet system which doesn't allow them to  open and close grades for each session. It's just so odd to wait weeks even months for grades. They only confer degrees after grades are posted. It's a lengthy process that keeps taking longer and longer as YourPace grows. They need to do some serious hiring over there before students start looking elsewhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,205 11 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Parchment Question mikehart82 7 975 03-25-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  UMPI BAS Diploma nyjosh 9 794 02-01-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  How to download the electrical diploma? Alision 2 414 01-18-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Alision
Exclamation UMPI not accepting high school diploma because its not being sent by the school FM1 11 996 12-18-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: FM1
  Diploma wordings bvndz 9 936 10-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  XAMK diploma to UMPI? Olivia4826 5 527 10-08-2023, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  UMPI Diploma Frame from Spirit Store joshua27 17 2,955 08-23-2023, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  How long to get your diploma in the mail? mikehart82 3 522 08-16-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Big Grin Got Acceptance Email today! See my timeline from application to admission. sixdegreesandamovie 6 931 08-12-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: AlvinG