Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass Rate - English Comp I TECEP
I have English Comp I & II left to take, and need to register for a TECEP now to keep my enrollment from lapsing. I had thought it was 60%, but I just saw that the passing grade is 70% for both of those TECEPs. I figured I'll take the Eng Comp I TECEP. Any tips/specific study resources for making it past that margin to ensure a passing grade?

I had also thought of taking the Lib Arts Math TECEP instead just because I know I could pass that without risking my enrollment lapsing (plus I'm set for June graduation). Of course, it would be a waste of credits, basically just $120 of insurance lol. And then I would knock out Comp I & II with the CLEP and DSST. 

I've gotten As on my papers for the last two semesters but have never had the kind of time limits in the Comp TECEP. Am I just completely overthinking this whole deal?!
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
I thought the English Comp II TECEP was pretty easy, and didn't even study for it. I say, if you've been used to writing papers, and have scored A's, then it's an easy test for you to take. Go for it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you are used to writing papers, just take Comp I. It is not a big deal.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Cosign English Comp II TECEP - my daughter (19) took this cold and afterward shared that she wishes all exams were at this level.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(01-08-2018, 11:32 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: Cosign English Comp II TECEP - my daughter (19) took this cold and afterward shared that she wishes all exams were at this level.

AND...that's why it's Freshman English!  I wish all exams were this easy as well...sigh...   Tongue
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Awesome, thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll go ahead and register for it then.
Graduated June 2018!
Does anyone remember the 5x5 essay strategy that someone posted a while back? I can't find it, it was something like 5x5 block essay writing for dummies, real simple and to the point, I think each of the five bullet-points had 5 questions each, something that would work for me.

I'm scheduled to take this English Comp I tecep in two days and I know it's considered an easy exam, but I have writer's block x100, and I'm pretty horrible at writing within a time-limit. A deadline's a deadline, though, so gotta get er done. It's one of my last exams before Apr 1st graduation application deadline, so I may also take College Comp Modular next week, since tesu takes around two weeks to grade the essay-based exams, unless maybe I could convince tesu to expedite their grading, do y'all think they would do something like that?
Graduated June 2018!
(03-13-2018, 04:42 PM)keepsingin Wrote: Does anyone remember the 5x5 essay strategy that someone posted a while back? I can't find it, it was something like 5x5 block essay writing for dummies, real simple and to the point, I think each of the five bullet-points had 5 questions each, something that would work for me.

I'm scheduled to take this English Comp I tecep in two days and I know it's considered an easy exam, but I have writer's block x100, and I'm pretty horrible at writing within a time-limit. A deadline's a deadline, though, so gotta get er done.   It's one of my last exams before Apr 1st graduation application deadline, so I may also take College Comp Modular next week, since tesu takes around two weeks to grade the essay-based exams, unless maybe I could convince tesu to expedite their grading, do y'all think they would do something like that?

Any feedback on this TECEP? I'll be taking it next week also.  Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes keokat's post:
  • Jimmy999

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 643 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 484 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 739 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,108 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 751 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,222 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 949 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 6,735 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
  Comp 2 umpi yourpace Mike Williams 3 704 01-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ss20ts