Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten VS WGU Tuition
Saharapost Wrote:When I applied to Patten, the discount wasn't on - at least it wasn't showing on their website. While enquiring about the program, I requested for a discount from the admissions counselor who then applied the discount to my tuition fees. It appears to me that, even when not officially stated, one can always ask for this discount.

I did ask them about a discount when it wasn't advertised, and they told me about a holiday discount. So, I agree. Definitely ask if there is a special going on. However, the discount wasn't applied to my application, so I didn't enroll. In the future, I might look at Hodges University since they're more traditional than Patten and WGU.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
If you go to the website and dig around, I think it gives you some info. For example in my two classes I've had a project and a final. You can do the coursework, or jump to the project and final depending on how you score on the pretest.

craigfin Wrote:Can you give me an overview of what the courses contain, similar to what Mednat did here with WGU:

"C200 - Managing Managing Organizations and Leading People - Two Papers - 25pgs
C202 - Managing Human Capital - Exam
C204 - Management Communications - 1 Paper 1 Presentation (10min, with powerpoint) - 17pgs
C206 - Ethical Leadership - 2 Papers and 1 Exam- 25 Pages
C207 - Data-Driven Decision Making - 1 paper and 1 exam - 5 pages
C211 - Global Economics - 1 Exam
C212 - Marketing - 1 Paper 18 pages
C213 -Accounting for Decision Makers - 1 exam
C214 - Financial Management - 1 Exam
C215 - Operations Management - 1 Exam
C216 - Capstone - 3 Papers (I've only completed 1 so far) and 1 Presentation - 23 Pages for my main paper"
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Love how the greatest way to accomplish ones goals is to take the first step. It feels like a blink ago when I officially made the decision 'through action' to tackle a BSBA at TESU. As of April 1st, all will be completed and of course I have already shifted all of my focus on to the always entertaining:

Patten vs WGU!

In 2015 it all but seemed like a lock that I would be attending WGU. This was primarily due to the great reviews, idea of completing the MBA in a specific time frame and cost value. However, Patten has slowly moved up the chart with tuition specials, grading and course process. Had a really nice conversation with them this morning that has left some after glow Wink

I would love to have clarity by the close of the month but in the moment I am not sure on what will be the tipping point for the decision. Has anyone post launching with Patten/WGU now after time wished they had chosen the other? If yes, can you please share as I would imagine it would be helpful for the room.

Thanks in advance!

(current tuition special $349 per month)

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">unnamed.jpg (Size: 19.61 KB / Downloads: 1)
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Love how the greatest way to accomplish ones goals is to take the first step. It feels like a blink ago when I officially made the decision 'through action' to tackle a BSBA at TESU. As of April 1st, all will be completed and of course I have already shifted all of my focus on to the always entertaining:

Patten vs WGU!

In 2015 it all but seemed like a lock that I would be attending WGU. This was primarily due to the great reviews, idea of completing the MBA in a specific time frame and cost value. However, Patten has slowly moved up the chart with tuition specials, grading and course process. Had a really nice conversation with them this morning that has left some after glow Wink

I would love to have clarity by the close of the month but in the moment I am not sure on what will be the tipping point for the decision. Has anyone post launching with Patten/WGU now after time wished they had chosen the other? If yes, can you please share as I would imagine it would be helpful for the room.

Thanks in advance!

(current tuition special $349 per month)

From my knowledge (not experience) Patten has one big advantage over WGU. Patten is competency based too, but grades you like any other school/MBA program. Meaning in the end you will have credit hours, and a GPA. This may make your transition to a DBA or PhD in Business easier as your transcripts will be more similar/understandable to other schools. Also certain jobs (like Officer in the army) look at GPA.
Does anyone know how often Patten does the discounted tuition? I can't enroll by March 15th and start by April 1st like this discount is for (I'm on my last 5 courses but won't have my BSBA until September I think).

Fall would be optimal.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think it's basically just an option the enrollment advisor always has available to provide. I mentioned it in the fall because I saw it on the forums as a "summer special," and the advisor gave it to me, a few months later someone else I know enrolled and asked about it and was given it too.

To use the special, it is a year commitment.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 248 5 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,406 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  New Harvard Online MS Healthcare degrees $56k tuition smartdegree 7 1,133 09-21-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2U encourages lower tuition and announces $24K Wisconsin Masters Business Analytics smartdegree 12 1,394 08-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  No Tuition Until Hired - ConTech University Masters in CS/AI/Data smartdegree 16 2,487 02-07-2022, 03:07 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Pittsburg State (Kansas) - Only online classes, pay resident tuition fee bjcheung77 0 750 12-27-2021, 03:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BREXIT - UK schools changing their tuition! bjcheung77 1 702 08-20-2021, 02:20 PM
Last Post: FastTrackDegree
  Tuition free med school Sparklette 5 1,201 07-30-2020, 09:55 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  National Law School Tuition Search SweetSecret 0 829 01-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  MBA - WGU vs. JFK (Patten) sanantone 7 1,884 09-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone