Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster
I know that most of the threads here are CLEP/DANTES related, but sometimes one needs to take a course to complete their degree.

I am wondering if anyone here has ever taken a course from Penn Foster?
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I am Currently enrolled in Penn Foster Artist Program.

I'm already an artist, I just did to be able to call myself a "Certified Artist" Big Grin

I'm hoping this bragging right is worth it, because, unless I apply for PLA, on it, I'm not getting any College credit for it. $560 is a lot of money for another wall hanging! hilarious

Does anyone know about PLA? or how this might actually help me towards a degree?

up for any advice!

Cheers!
Traditional Credits: 39 (12 used)
FEMA Credits: 9 (6 used)
NFA Credits: 2 (0 used)
DANTES Credits: 21 (18 used)
CLEP Credits: 18 (15 used)
FAA Credits: 39

EC BS in Psychology: 90/120 (38 unused)
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I found that the Tech Math 1 course (ACE approved) will satisfy my math requirement from Excelsior. I completed the 6 (open book - online - multiple choice) lessons and am awaiting the final exam to arrive to my proctor - hopefully this week.

The final is said to consist of around 15 questions but isn't multiple choice - you have to show all your work. The final is open book, which is to say that you can use similar problems to guide you on your way. You are given one hour.

If the exam arrives in the next few days I have arranged to take it this Sunday and will hopefully have my grade back within 1-2 weeks (UGH!) However, this will be it for me and my degree will be COMPLETE!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I found that the Tech Math 1 course (ACE approved) will satisfy my math requirement from Excelsior. I completed the 6 (open book - online - multiple choice) lessons and am awaiting the final exam to arrive to my proctor - hopefully this week.

The final is said to consist of around 15 questions but isn't multiple choice - you have to show all your work. The final is open book, which is to say that you can use similar problems to guide you on your way. You are given one hour.

If the exam arrives in the next few days I have arranged to take it this Sunday and will hopefully have my grade back within 1-2 weeks (UGH!) However, this will be it for me and my degree will be COMPLETE!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I am happy that you'll finally be able to conquer your Math Demons. And for you to see that the prize waiting for you is the coveted Degree that you've worked so hard for. Good on you!

Still, I believe I've been all over the Penn Foster Webpage, and I've seen many Career courses and Associates degrees.

How did you single out a single class? What did it cost?

As a Penn Foster Student, myself, I am very intersted (Artist Cert)

Cheers!

shadowcross Wrote:How did you single out a single class? What did it cost?

Cheers!

[SIZE="3"]The cost was $55.00 per credit ($165.00) that includes books and a brand new scientific calculator, and a $20.00 proctor fee. You have to go through the business and industrial area. [/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]

Shoto,

Did the exam arrive? Is today the day for your final? I've said a prayer. Smile

Librevore
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:Shoto,

Did the exam arrive? Is today the day for your final? I've said a prayer. Smile

Librevore

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Crap no, still waiting!!

I suspect that it will arrive this week so next Sunday will be the day.

I'll add your prayers to my own, say the rosary, a novena, attend high mass - whatever it takes - Big Grin Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

Have you received your math final? Good luck!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hands. May you write only the correct answers.
[SIZE="1"]32 traditional credit hours (in 1990) began again by testing in April 2006. CLEP Am. Gov. - CLEP US Hist I - CLEP Am. Lit. CLEP Human Growth - CLEP US Hist II- CLEP CIS - CLEP English Lit - May '07 Associates Degree - registered at Eastern Illinois University - DSST Drug Abuse - CLEP Bio - CLEP Spanish - DSST Civil War - DSST Intro to Law Enforcement
[/SIZE]
JoliesMom Wrote:Have you received your math final? Good luck!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hands. May you write only the correct answers.

[SIZE="2"]Yes, it's all over and done with. I posted a few words in the "Count Down" thread in the main section. Thanks for your support![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The cost was $55.00 per credit ($165.00) that includes books and a brand new scientific calculator, and a $20.00 proctor fee. You have to go through the business and industrial area. [/SIZE]

Cool, I found it. The entries under "Chemical Engineering" is interesting to me. I'll definately look in to that later.

Thanks for pointing it out!

oh yeah, congratulations, btw.

Cheers!