Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia and Purdue Global
I am pursuing Purdue Global - BS in Cloud Computing: Link to Degree Plan

The following courses from Sophia are transferrable to Purdue Global: Sophia Courses transferrable to Purdue Global

I'm wondering if the following equivalents of Core and Elective courses are an acceptable match?

Purdue --> Sophia
Core: Arts and Humanities Requirement 1 --> Introduction to Ethics* (maps to Purdue HU245)
Core: Science Requirement 1 --> Environmental Science* (maps to Purdue SC225)
Core: Social Science Requirement 1 --> Introduction to Psychology* (maps to Purdue PS124)
Core: General Education Elective --> Introduction to Information Technology* (maps to Purdue IT190)
Elective: Arts and Humanities --> Art History I*
Elective: Mathematics --> Intro to Statistics  (maps to Purdue MM207)
Elective: Science --> Human Biology
Elective: Social Science --> Introduction to Sociology* (maps to Purdue SS144)

Notes:
  • I've omitted the ones where there is an exact match (College Composition, College Algebra). 
  • Where there is a mapping to a specific Purdue course, I've noted the course number. 
  • The others are accepted by Purdue but don't have a specific course name.
  • I'm comfortable with these selections as long as they would be accepted for transfer. 
  • I've completed the ones with asterisks (6 of 8 courses).  

Thanks so much!
Mark
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
My husband applied in 2020, and they brought in all of his previous credits from CC's, they were not picky about GE courses - these should work except that Intro to IT won't be a GE Elective, but that will just get swapped out with an General Elective that is (Sociology). for General Electives, they are definitely not picky, basically anything will come in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-24-2021, 08:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote: My husband applied in 2020, and they brought in all of his previous credits from CC's, they were not picky about GE courses - these should work except that Intro to IT won't be a GE Elective, but that will just get swapped out with an General Elective that is (Sociology).  for General Electives, they are definitely not picky, basically anything will come in.

Thank you.
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
Here's how Sophia transfers to PUG:

https://purdueglobal.sophia.org/
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-24-2021, 12:46 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Here's how Sophia transfers to PUG:

https://purdueglobal.sophia.org/
Thanks - I linked to that in my original post. I understand what's *transferrable*, just wondering if my selections are valid equivalences.
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
Does PUG require a lab science? I don't think an IT course will count as a general elective. The general electives need to fall into those categories listed - science, math, humanities, etc.
(08-24-2021, 08:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Does PUG require a lab science? I don't think an IT course will count as a general elective. The general electives need to fall into those categories listed - science, math, humanities, etc.
Thanks I will check!
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
(08-24-2021, 08:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Does PUG require a lab science? I don't think an IT course will count as a general elective. The general electives need to fall into those categories listed - science, math, humanities, etc.

No lab science required.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ClockworkHammer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 105 52,178 10 hours ago
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 275 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,860 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 601 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,957 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 560 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,803 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares