Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations
(10-10-2020, 08:48 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 08:06 PM)P226mem Wrote: @nomaduser, cost 389 per course . look here https://www.pennfoster.edu/college/all-p...ge-courses
I know nothing else on it.

Thanks for your info. At that price, you can consider taking ASU Earned Admissions course ($425 each).

Penn Foster has MANY more options, many of them UL.  EA/ASU is VERY limited.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • indigoshuffle
Last October 2020, I started this thread notifying everyone the ACE equivalent college credit for several Penn Foster College courses had expired back in August of 2020. I had e-mailed Penn Foster asking about the expirations and received this reply.

"Yes, we are in the midst of the review process for them already."

Sincerely,

Tracy Kilmer
Admissions Operations

As of today after viewing the ACE National Guide website it seems for sure Penn Foster has given up maintaining ACE credit as more and more courses continue to expire.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...abbd8%22))
That's sad... well, as long as they're still in operations, they'll just be an expensive option for people who want a high school/associates degree combo and want to transfer to a RA school for their Bachelors or Masters later on... I wouldn't want to complete a Bachelors with them, but for some, they may be one of the "cheaper" options.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-18-2021, 11:36 AM)okikuma Wrote: Last October 2020, I started this thread notifying everyone the ACE equivalent college credit for several Penn Foster College courses had expired back in August of 2020. I had e-mailed Penn Foster asking about the expirations and received this reply.

Sincerely,

Tracy Kilmer
Admissions Operations

As of today after viewing the ACE National Guide website it seems for sure Penn Foster has given up maintaining ACE credit as more and more courses continue to expire.

They have 88 current courses!  Why would you think they're giving up ACE status?  They are one of the course providers that has has more courses than almost everyone else for many years - and they get rid of outdated courses, and add new ones on a very regular basis.  They have lots of UL as well.  If it wasn't for cost, I would think they'd be one of the preferred providers on this forum (I took a course there, and didn't mind it at all - actually thought I learned something).  I think some people would especially like that it isn't based on a single exam as many of the other course providers are; and you can go back and resubmit all of the exams for higher grades as well (except the final exam I think). Also, none of my exams were proctored.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
  • BrianFallon
(05-18-2021, 12:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 11:36 AM)okikuma Wrote: Last October 2020, I started this thread notifying everyone the ACE equivalent college credit for several Penn Foster College courses had expired back in August of 2020. I had e-mailed Penn Foster asking about the expirations and received this reply.

Sincerely,

Tracy Kilmer
Admissions Operations

They have 88 current courses!  Why would you think they're giving up ACE status?  They are one of the course providers that has has more courses than almost everyone else for many years - and they get rid of outdated courses, and add new ones on a very regular basis.  They have lots of UL as well.  If it wasn't for cost, I would think they'd be one of the preferred providers on this forum (I took a course there, and didn't mind it at all - actually thought I learned something).  I think some people would especially like that it isn't based on a single exam as many of the other course providers are; and you can go back and resubmit all of the exams for higher grades as well (except the final exam I think). Also, none of my exams were proctored.
I have to image it is simply a cost thing, that Penn Foster has determined spending the money to continue ACE approval isn’t a good investment for the company. 

I haven’t been able to find ACE expenses, but below are links for NCCRS that speak to the cost of credit evaluations. It seems that maintaining those ACE approvals is likely costing Penn Foster thousands of dollars per year. 

http://www.nationalccrs.org/common/ccrs/...n-fees.pdf

http://www.nationalccrs.org/common/ccrs/...l-fees.pdf
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(05-18-2021, 12:47 PM)freeloader Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 12:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Sincerely,

Tracy Kilmer
Admissions Operations

I have to image it is simply a cost thing, that Penn Foster has determined spending the money to continue ACE approval isn’t a good investment for the company. 

I haven’t been able to find ACE expenses, but below are links for NCCRS that speak to the cost of credit evaluations. It seems that maintaining those ACE approvals is likely costing Penn Foster thousands of dollars per year. 

http://www.nationalccrs.org/common/ccrs/...n-fees.pdf

http://www.nationalccrs.org/common/ccrs/...l-fees.pdf

But I'm not certain that this is even a thing.  They said they are in the process of renewing some expired courses, and they have LOTS of current courses.  Since when are they going away from ACE?  I don't think they are.
  • hsfamfun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 307 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 197 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor