Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Degree Program - Will it transfer to TESU?
I completed my entire associate degree at Ashworth College. Started beginning of 2016 and just finished last month. It would've taken me 6 months to finish the degree if I had my tuition paid in full (which is cheaper) per month. I transferred to New England College - Online, they accept your entire associate degree in any study and will take associate degrees from Ashworth (and im assuming other NA schools). There's 7 terms per year & you can take up 2 courses (8 credits) per term (except in your first term) so if transfer your associate degree from ashworth you can graduate in 13 months or less around 9 months (with extra credits from places like study.com/jumpcourse.com/ saylor, etc) . Another important note- New England allows you to concurrently enroll with other colleges (i'm going this route - just let them know your'e doing so) - so you can complete self paced @ ashworth & complete normal courses with NEC.
harrypotter Wrote:I completed my entire associate degree at Ashworth College. Started beginning of 2016 and just finished last month. It would've taken me 6 months to finish the degree if I had my tuition paid in full (which is cheaper) per month. I transferred to New England College - Online, they accept your entire associate degree in any study and will take associate degrees from Ashworth (and im assuming other NA schools). There's 7 terms per year & you can take up 2 courses (8 credits) per term (except in your first term) so if transfer your associate degree from ashworth you can graduate in 13 months or less around 9 months (with extra credits from places like study.com/jumpcourse.com/ saylor, etc) . Another important note- New England allows you to concurrently enroll with other colleges (i'm going this route - just let them know your'e doing so) - so you can complete self paced @ ashworth & complete normal courses with NEC.

"Transfer Policies

Transfer Credit

New England College will grant credit for course work taken at other regionally accredited colleges in accordance with the recommendations of the “Transfer Credit Practices of Selected Educational Institutions” published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers."

and

"A. Any student possessing an Associate of Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution may be granted junior standing (60 credits), provided that the student has earned at least 60 credits at the previous institution. "

and

"1. Transfer credit will be normally awarded only for course work completed at regionally accredited institutions of higher education or the equivalent in other countries."

Transfer Policies | New England College

So, clearly they've made an exception for you (or a mistake). I'm not making an insult, just an observation that your experience differs from their written policy.
No worries. Yeah I read that as well in their catalog. Seems like they need to update their policies. I've emailed the registrars office a few times asking about NA credit and also had a couple of transfer evaluations done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,013 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,679 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,228 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,135 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,670 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,366 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,398 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic