Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Marketing Research questions
Thanks to dfrecore for pointing out that Penn Foster's course, Marketing Research, can be used to fulfill TESU's marketing concentration requirement. I contacted TESU a couple days ago and confirmed that this is indeed the case.

I've been searching the forums trying to find information about this course but have been unsuccessful. For example, I am wondering:
  • Can somebody tell me what this course is like and how it is structured?
  • Is it structured similarly to their Strategic Management course? Does it take about the same amount of time?
  • Is it possible take only Marketing Research from PF and no other courses?
  • How much is the tuition? Are there textbooks? If so, which ones?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Edited to correct mistake re: marketing comm v marketing research.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
Courses are $237 and books are included. The amount of time a class takes is completely up to you. You can take just one class from PF if that is all you need or want.

ETA: What is the class called at PF as I cannot find a Marketing Communications class listed. Do you mean Marketing Research at PF?
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
AngelaP Wrote:Courses are $237 and books are included. The amount of time a class takes is completely up to you. You can take just one class from PF if that is all you need or want.

ETA: What is the class called at PF as I cannot find a Marketing Communications class listed. Do you mean Marketing Research at PF?

Yes I did. Thanks for pointing that out. I have edited the post to fix it.

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
According to ACE, the class consists of lesson exams and a proctored final. Hopefully, someone here can verify that for you that has recently taken it. If not, you can call them and ask before signing up. They are really easy to work with.
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92

COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
AngelaP Wrote:According to ACE, the class consists of lesson exams and a proctored final. Hopefully, someone here can verify that for you that has recently taken it. If not, you can call them and ask before signing up. They are really easy to work with.

Where did you find that ACE information?

Just click on the class in ACE and it will show you the info.

COSC - Cornerstone - A
[quote=tesu-acct-student]Thanks to dfrecore for pointing out that Penn Foster's course, Marketing Research, can be used to fulfill TESU's marketing concentration requirement. I contacted TESU a couple days ago and confirmed that this is indeed the case.

I've been searching the forums trying to find information about this course but have been unsuccessful. For example, I am wondering:
  • Can somebody tell me what this course is like and how it is structured?
  • Is it structured similarly to their Strategic Management course? Does it take about the same amount of time?
  • Is it possible take only Marketing Research from PF and no other courses?
  • How much is the tuition? Are there textbooks? If so, which ones?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I am currently enrolled in PF Marketing Research. I just started the course today but there are 5 lessons with reading assignments and exams and then the final proctored exam at the end. They will send you the book for the course for the $237 price. You can just take Marketing Research from them, but you have to call them in order to register for just one or two courses.
BSBA and ASBA in Marketing through TESU Sept '16. 0 credits to go!:hurray: God bless!
Tested out of:
CLEP: Principles of Marketing, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, College Composition, College Mathematics, College Algebra, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Human Resource Management, and Introductory Sociology.
DSST: Principles of Statistics, Principles of Finance, Introduction to Computing, Introduction to Business, Principles of Supervision, Introduction to World Religions, and Ethics in America.
Penn Foster: Supply Chain Management (92%), Marketing Research (96%), Business Law (89%), and Strategic Business Management (92%)
Other: 35 credits completed at a community college
Registered for these TECEPs: April term- Technical Writing (90%) and Public Relations Thought and Practice (67%)
May term: Managerial Communications (72%), Business in Society (65%), Sales Management (74%), and Marketing Communications (77%)
June term: Operations Management
Runnergirl- can you give a short review of the class? I see you got a 96% so would you say it was an easier class?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,125 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,717 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,007 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,633 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Research topic LA498 22gunsonfire 2 1,281 07-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,384 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,937 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  TESU - BSBA in Marketing - Plan Review chattenoire 2 1,261 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,314 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,942 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore