Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster New Online Remote Proctor Option
I recently took a proctored exam from Penn Foster and was able to take it online. It uses RPNow (also used by Study .com). You download a program to your computer, enter an exam code, and the computer records you taking the exam. (You must have a webcam.) You must show an ID, and there was a $10 charge for the service.

I had taken proctored exams from PF before with a live proctor at a physical location, and this process was much faster. You can now take the exam immediately after you have completed the other assignments, so there is no wait for exams to be physically mailed back and forth.

The exam I took was a business subject, and I was allowed to use the book, notes, and a study guide, which was in PDF form. (If your textbook is an ebook, you are allowed to reference that as well.) My exam was graded in two days (which happened to fall on a weekend).

In my opinion, this is a big improvement for those Penn Foster courses that require a proctored exam.
I'm so glad online proctoring exists. For Saylor Academy's in-person proctoring you need a certified librarian, embassy representive, military education officer or school official. My town's library is run by volunteers- I doubt they get certified. I have a few teacher/ teacher assistant friends - but friends are excluded. :/ Then they have go through being verified. Best thing in-person proctor works for is current military. Yeah I'll pay $25 not to have to hunt down a certified librarian or hit up friends to connect me with their co-workers.
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
And I should clarify that not all Penn Foster courses require a proctor for the final, but for those that do, this is a big improvement.
Another clarification: all assignments must be graded before you can access the final.

The multiple choice quizzes are graded immediately. For this reason, if the course includes any projects/papers and you want to complete the course quickly, I think it is a good idea to complete these first since you will have to wait for these to be graded.
Thanks so much for the feedback, I am taking financial management and I love it. I know that FM has no proctored final but I will be taking Managerial Accounting and that one I think has a proctored final. So this is an awesome heads up for me.
eaglescout16 Wrote:Thanks so much for the feedback, I am taking financial management and I love it. I know that FM has no proctored final but I will be taking Managerial Accounting and that one I think has a proctored final. So this is an awesome heads up for me.

I ended up not taking Managerial Accounting at Penn Foster, but when I asked them, I was told that it did NOT have a proctored final exam.
Barneyfife, (I love The Andy Griffith show…Wink Sweet thank you so much for the feedback! This makes me relax a little more now I know what to expect. Thank You again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,918 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Better option for A&P with Lab Gracieflores27 2 433 10-24-2023, 10:46 PM
Last Post: jch
  Penn State & ACE Example Learningnow 6 1,024 10-21-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Any good self-paced option for math such as Calculus II? zcao15 3 957 06-11-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC proctor tips? Kones 9 1,033 03-12-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Online Self-Paced Certified Personal Trainer course ($19.99/month) worth 3 ACE credit MNomadic 1 933 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Best Place Online for Spanish I/II PseudoPepito 5 1,088 06-17-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Organic Chemistry and Bio Chemistry Online? yeapies 14 2,329 06-11-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online credit courses Mcflurry 7 1,542 03-15-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Online proctoring and Linux? mahaganapati 4 1,257 02-20-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77