Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Strategic Business Management
dfrecore Wrote:For core, it doesn't matter if it's UL or not
PF Financial Management = Principles of Finance requirement
PF International Business - Business in Society/Int'l Business requirement

For AOS, you only need 12UL units, which you will have already
PF Marketing Research is not UL, but I show that people have gotten it in as MAR-411
PF Consumer Behavior is not UL, but I show that people have gotten it in as MAR-351

I was pretty sure that core doesn't matter - thanks for confirming though. So I will take DSST Mgmt Info Systems and DSST HR Mgmt. PF for Strat. Mgmt and Principles of Finance. Just wondering about the final two classes with the following two comparisons: the Int'l Business at PF vs. the Bus. In Society TECEP; and one of the Mktg TECEP's vs. PF Mktg options. Any insight on this?
You can always check the ACE status of a class here:
ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training | Find a Course or Exam

TESU will accept them as long as they are ACE approved and still date valid and they are all UL. Click on the course name in ACE to see the date range. The Principles of Finance under the business core at TESU is Financial Management (FIN-301) at PF.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
AngelaP Wrote:You can always check the ACE status of a class here:
ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training | Find a Course or Exam

TESU will accept them as long as they are ACE approved and still date valid and they are all UL. Click on the course name in ACE to see the date range. The Principles of Finance under the business core at TESU is Financial Management (FIN-301) at PF.

How was it? Could you tell me about the workload? Also thinking about the Consumer Behavior...
I think PF has a pretty good format for the classes and I have had no problems. Some have papers, discussions boards, etc. I am to take my final exam on Consumer Behavior tomorrow. The only thing with PF is you need a proctor so you must fill out the form and send it in. The proctor has to have at least a two-year degree, can't be a relative and can't live with you. However, it can be a friend. If you want specific info on a specific class, let me know which one.
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92

COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:How was it? Could you tell me about the workload? Also thinking about the Consumer Behavior...

Just checked ACE...FIN 301 isn't listed! "Financial Management" is listed as a FIN - 101 course. Is FIN 301 no longer approved?
Financial Management is the correct one. It transfers in as Fin-301 Principles of Finance. Don't worry about the numbers you see in ACE or PF website. Did you take Cost Acct and Org. Behav? What about the Fin. Acct? I see them on your sheet.

COSC - Cornerstone - A
AngelaP Wrote:Financial Management is the correct one. It transfers in as Fin-301 Principles of Finance. Don't worry about the numbers you see in ACE or PF website. Did you take Cost Acct and Org. Behav? What about the Fin. Acct? I see them on your sheet.

Phew! I was dreading the Princ of Finance DSST for some reason, so PF was my savior on that one! Yes, I took each of those others you listed w/SL. Not bad at all, but they were all open book (except for proctored finals) vs. the Princ Fin DSST which I have heard is pretty hard. All I have left is what I stated down below (6 classes) CORE: TECEP or PF Strat Mgmt, DSST or PF Princ. of Finance, TECEP Bus. in Society (or Int'l Bus PF). AOS: A Marketing class (either TECEP or PF - was thinking Consumer Behavior actually) and two DSST's (HR and MIS). What are your thoughts on those options? I am against the clock for June graduation, so cramming it all in and I think I would rather do 2 or 3 PF at once instead of studying for those TECEP's. I'm almost there but a little frazzled right now - any input would be really helpful - and also an overall review of my sheet to be sure I didn't mess any of the other requirements up!
Drew
Well, I am not a test person so I would go with PF and only the Consumer Behavior and International Business were proctored. You can double check the others on ACE. After clicking on the name of the class, scroll down to assessment and it will tell you if it is proctored final or not. You can also get through the classes pretty quickly. Another class you could take is the PF Human Resource Management class. No proctored final and you can finish it in days.

ETA: Just make sure you have at least one class in 3 out of the 4 areas when all said and done.

COSC - Cornerstone - A
AngelaP Wrote:Well, I am not a test person so I would go with PF and only the Consumer Behavior and International Business were proctored. You can double check the others on ACE. After clicking on the name of the class, scroll down to assessment and it will tell you if it is proctored final or not. You can also get through the classes pretty quickly. Another class you could take is the PF Human Resource Management class. No proctored final and you can finish it in days.

ETA: Just make sure you have at least one class in 3 out of the 4 areas when all said and done.

Got it. I already have two ACC and one MAN, will take two more MAN, and will have one MKTG. NOTE: ACE says PF Consumer Behavior and HR Management are LL - I wouldn't make 12 UL if this is true. Also it says that Int'l Mgmt is not proctored - that's no big deal either way, but just curious if you know for sure? Thanks so much.
I took International Business in September 2015 and there was a proctored final exam then. You can verify with the school if it is proctored or not now. Again, it doesn't matter what ACE says, but what TESU transfers them in as. TESU placed them on my eval as Consumer Behavior MAR-351 and Human Resources Management as MAN-331.

COSC - Cornerstone - A

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,671 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,495 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,824 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,672 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business Degree and Dental School Flowers12 6 2,453 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,953 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,384 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Options for TESU BSBA Gen.Mgt Finance & Business/Society Excellente 5 1,916 06-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,559 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting vs Business Admin Rustydroid 20 3,596 06-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student