Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster accreditation
I was just told by an academic advisor at Davenport, University MI that they will not accept credits from Penn Foster because PF is no longer accredited. They said that PF recently lost their accreditation. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you have suggestions?

thanks
I finished a assoc degree thru them and nobody would except their credits!~
hsing Wrote:I was just told by an academic advisor at Davenport, University MI that they will not accept credits from Penn Foster because PF is no longer accredited. They said that PF recently lost their accreditation. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you have suggestions?
thanks

Their college classes are not REGIONALLY accredited (I don't know if they ever were--but they've been NATIONALLY accredited by the DETC for at least the last several years--and likely longer.) If they really said that they "recently lost" their accreditation, then I would ask the advisor from where they received that information and why it is not reflected on Penn Foster's web site OR the DETC web site. See below for a search I performed one minute ago at the DETC site:
[COLOR="Blue"]
To search by Institution Name, you may type in the name (or partial name) of the institution.

Once you make your selection(s), click the “Search” button to proceed. To view a complete list of all DETC accredited institutions leave all fields blank and click "Search."

Institution Name: Penn Foster
Category: <Any Category> Degree Granting High Schools Military Schools Postsecondary Schools
State: <Any State> AL AZ CA CO CT DC FL GA HI IA IL JP LA LE MA MD MN MO NB NC NJ NY OH OR PA Pu TN Un UT VA WV
Subject: <Any Subject> A+ Certification Academic Degrees Academic

Name Category City State WebSite
Name like '%Penn Foster%'
Penn Foster Career School Postsecondary Scranton PA Penn Foster Career School | Self-Paced, Distance Education Programs
Penn Foster College Degree Granting Scottsdale AZ Penn Foster College - Associate College Degrees
Penn Foster High School High School Scranton PA Penn Foster High School[/COLOR]
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
hsing Wrote:I was just told by an academic advisor at Davenport, University MI that they will not accept credits from Penn Foster because PF is no longer accredited. They said that PF recently lost their accreditation. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you have suggestions?

thanks
Davenport Uni is in the ACE Members and Associates Directory.
ACE | Members and Associates Directory

I would ask them if they accept ACE approved courses. I believe most of Penn Fosters courses are ACE approved. You may also have transcript those courses to an ACE transcript.
thats the trick to PFC, and how people transfer their credits to the big 3 or elsewhere. even though PFC is NA, ACE transcripts are RA, so are accepted at many more places. You want to be sending the ACE transcript of your PFC classes, not your PFC transcript directly.
ace transcripts are RA??? i never knew this factt.... can u throw more light on this.. and some links to verify this?
Thomas Edison - BSBA - CIS

My Degree Plan http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfpm6vr2_19g9zhksgf
perhaps I was mistaken, I thought I recently read somewhere they were equivalent, but now I can't find it. They are more widely accepted it seems than NA transcripts though, and very useful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,374 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Who knows if any Penn Foster College courses can fulfill any Area of study for TESU's Driel 0 774 05-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Driel
  Penn Foster to Excelsior Equivalents futuremrsmlb 3 1,484 05-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Last Post: principal
  Will Penn Foster's General Studies Cert fulfill TESU's gen ed requirements? pennfostertotesu 1 1,015 03-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Penn Foster Degree Program - Will it transfer to TESU? pennfostertotesu 12 4,508 02-26-2017, 05:08 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Federal jobs and accreditation Life Long Learning 2 637 02-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Penn Foster Classes and TESC Course Equivalencies Lists KayV 35 3,826 01-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: mvk
  Penn Foster - Business courses similar to Financial Management bjcheung77 18 2,886 09-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  Penn Foster Strategic Managemet New Course code tsimmns 12 1,467 09-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  I need your help please. Went to Penn Foster dino 42 3,904 08-14-2016, 01:57 PM
Last Post: dino