Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster individual courses
Hi everyone-
Well I had a few days since finishing the AAS and I THINK I will continue on for Bachelors. Not sure which concentration yet. I really liked the PF format for classes, but how do I go back paying for individual courses that do not show up in their individual course section? Some of the classes are showing under the degree areas? Does anyone know how to do that?
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
chiquitacobbe Wrote:Hi everyone-
Well I had a few days since finishing the AAS and I THINK I will continue on for Bachelors. Not sure which concentration yet. I really liked the PF format for classes, but how do I go back paying for individual courses that do not show up in their individual course section? Some of the classes are showing under the degree areas? Does anyone know how to do that?

Well, I'm working through that now so I'll pass along what I've learned in the past 24 hours. I'm in existing PF student and I am looking to enroll in the Strategic Business Management class which isn't on the individual course list. I opened a ticket with PF last night and they emailed me back this morning telling me to call the enrollment department @(800) 233-4191. When I called them they told me this actually needed to be handled by someone else in a different group. They said they passed along my information to the guy who needs it and I should expect a call.

I guess you could either trying calling them or if your situation is the same as mine I can update you once I hear from them.
Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Management 06/2014
You have to call to enroll in courses not listed on the individual course list. Don't wait for them to call you, or you will be drawing Social Security and talking about the good 'ol days. Try their Career School at 1-800-275-4410. Have the exact name of the course you want already in-hand, and if at all possible, the course number available; it also doesn't hurt to have the website up to the page you found the course (I once had to walk one of their reps through how and where to find the course they offered so they could sign me up). I'm sorry in advance for the run-around you will receive, but they can enroll you and can transfer you to the person that can...do not let them do the "oh, let me take down your information" game. Their course format is great, but their customer service is abysmal.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
mrs.b Wrote:Try their Career School at 1-800-275-4410.

Just called them. They said it's handled by another group and everyone there is gone for the day. She took down my information. She also gave me a different number to call if I don't hear back from them tomorrow (800-233-0259). I just tried googling that number she gave me and it brings me to the Workforce Development contact page.
Contact Us
After a week of not being able to get a hold of someone at the Work Force division at Penn Foster, I decided to call their normal college number located on their website. From there I was transferred over to Ann Gardner and was able to purchase individual PF courses through her.

This is the number I was advise to call when I was ready to purchase my next course 800-238-9554
In addition, here is Mrs. Ann Gardner's email addy Ann.Gardner@pennfoster.edu
Great thank you very much!! Definitely let me know if it works. I am already a student there too. I took a computer class there last month. I also need to set up a friend as a proctor. Seems like a waste but it seems easy.

GENERAL EDUCATION
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)

BUSINESS

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
Max Droid Wrote:This is the number I was advise to call when I was ready to purchase my next course 800-238-9554
In addition, here is Mrs. Ann Gardner's email addy Ann.Gardner@pennfoster.edu

This is correct. I actually received a call from Ann Gardner this morning. She is the one who handles the individual courses and she was able to get me registered for the Strategic Business Management Class (BUS 425). That number 800-238-9554 is correct and Ann's extension is 6777. If you simply call 800-238-9554 and tell them you need to sign up for an individual class they should know to route you to her. They did when I called.

Just so it's clear for everyone:

Penn Foster Individual Course Registration
Mrs. Ann Gardner
800-238-9554 x6777
Ann.Gardner@pennfoster.edu
andrewtn Wrote:This is correct. I actually received a call from Ann Gardner this morning. She is the one who handles the individual courses and she was able to get me registered for the Strategic Business Management Class (BUS 425). That number 800-238-9554 is correct and Ann's extension is 6777. If you simply call 800-238-9554 and tell them you need to sign up for an individual class they should know to route you to her. They did when I called.

Just so it's clear for everyone:

Penn Foster Individual Course Registration
Mrs. Ann Gardner
800-238-9554 x6777
Ann.Gardner@pennfoster.edu

AWESOME!! Thanks for the info. I will need to start making a list of classes I can take.

Andrew I see you took the Prin of Finance with PF and got an A+ obviously it wasnt difficult for you, how long did it take you to complete it?

GENERAL EDUCATION
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)

BUSINESS

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
Start to finish it was a couple weeks. Maybe 16 hours of my time total, not sure. Some have said they've done it in a weekend. You'll have something like 5 quizzes which are untimed and open book. You'll know all the questions ahead of time. Regardless of the score you get on the quick you'll know which questions you missed and can retake the test a second time. That grade will then be what goes on your record. For example, one test I got like a 75% and then figured out the correct answers to the ones I missed and got a 95%. It is really pretty easy.

The final is a bit harder and you only have one attempt unless you fail it. I believe that if you fail it they'll let you take it again. In the case of the final you also have your questions ahead of time so really there is no excuse not to pass. There is work involved in this class but it isn't that difficult or time consuming if you dedicate yourself to it. If I had it to do over again I would probably have looked at the final questions at the beginning of the class so I knew what to pay special attention to as I took the class.

By the way, if you are interested in the Principles of Finance this particular class is one that you can sign up for online. No need to call PF.
Thanks for info. Doesnt sound that bad for that class. It depends on which Bachelors I decide to go with. I am thinking either BA in Nat Science/Math or BSBA in Computer. So there are a bunch of other classes that I would need to call about taking that don't show up as individual.

The Strategic Business Management Class (BUS 425) you are taking what will that transfer to TESC as?

GENERAL EDUCATION
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)

BUSINESS

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,465 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,097 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,086 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,012 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,739 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,235 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,739 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,386 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,551 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  Individual learning account? Mab81 2 1,054 06-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: MNomadic