Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster individual courses
chiquitacobbe Wrote:The Strategic Business Management Class (BUS 425) you are taking what will that transfer to TESC as?
BUS421 Strategic Management at TESC
Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Management 06/2014
I'm looking at taking Strategic Management and maybe Prin of Finance from Penn Foster. This thread has some helpful info! Thanks! How much are their individual courses though?
Publius Wrote:I'm looking at taking Strategic Management and maybe Prin of Finance from Penn Foster. This thread has some helpful info! Thanks! How much are their individual courses though?

Total was something like ~$425 when I ordered 2 courses together. When I purchased 1 course it was something like ~$225. I might have saved money on shipping if I would have purchased the 3 courses together.

The first 2 courses I purchased were Strategic Business Management and Financial Management. I would recommend these courses for the TESC BSBA in lieu of having to take the TECEP and DSST exams.
Yes, if you order two classes they give you a shipping credit...saves like 20 0r 25 dollars.
Started Dec 2012 ~ BSBA Human Resource and Org Management TESC

YAY!!!! OCT 24th = DONE!!!!!!

Straighterline Courses: American History I 83%, American History II 79% Accounting I 81%, Accounting II 83%, Macro 77 %, Micro 84%,World Religions 83%, Business Law 74%, Business Ethics 78%, Organizational Behavior 78%, Intro to business 85%, Business Communications 86%
Clep: Principles of management 64, Intro to marketing 53,
DSST: Bus in Society 442 / Principles of Supervison 453 / Money and Banking 55
Penn Foster: HR management 96%, Compensation Management 88%, Emp Benefits 89%, training concepts 96%, Strategic Management 90%, Principles of Finance 82%
ALEKS: Intro To Statistics 72%, Pre-Calc 70%
TESC : Org Theory DONE~ 89%
TEEX Cybersecurity for everyone ~ Business Elective ~ 85%
andrewtn Wrote:BUS421 Strategic Management at TESC

I thought strategic management was a capstone requirement which had to be completed at TESC.
damnation Wrote:I thought strategic management was a capstone requirement which had to be completed at TESC.

BSBA's currently do not have TESC residency capstones, all of the requirements can be transferred in.

This may be true for TESC BSAST as well, can some one confirm this?
damnation Wrote:I thought strategic management was a capstone requirement which had to be completed at TESC.

There is a TECEP for this, so you can test out of it. People have also successfully transferred in Strategic Business Management from Penn Foster.

Max Droid Wrote:BSBA's currently do not have TESC residency capstones, all of the requirements can be transferred in.

This may be true for TESC BSAST as well, can some one confirm this?

You have to take Current Trends and Applications at TESC. I consider it to be the equivalent of a capstone.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Can someone assist me? Will Penn Fosters (1) CIS-104 Computer Applications (ACE ICS-0167) transfer in to satisfy TESC CIS-107 - Computer Concepts and Applications. (2) Marketing MKT- 301 (ACE ICS-0252) transfer in as TESC MAR-301 Introduction to Marketing. Below are course descriptions.

Marketing (MKT301)

Credit Type: Course
ACE Course Number: 0252
Organization: Penn Foster College
Length: 1 year, 52 weeks
Dates Offered: 10/1/2012 - Present
Objective: The course objective is to enable the student to cover the principles of marketing.
Learning Outcome: Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to: explain the importance of the customer in marketing and the importance of marketing in any organization; define marketing in the societal and global sense and explain the stages of transformation it has gone through in its history; describe the four areas of strategy in marketing and explain how these may inform marketing procedures in a company; identify the principles of product, price, promotion, and distribution and describe how these concepts influence marketing decisions through examples of real organizations; and explain the importance and interaction of the various environmental factors in designing strategies for marketing.
Instruction: This is an independent study, distance delivered course. The methods of instruction include self-study, textbooks, and study guide. The general topics include the marketing environment; planning, information, and segmentation; consumer and business buyer behavior; product and distribution strategy; and promotion and pricing strategy. The methods of evaluation are lesson exams and a proctored final exam with a minimum passing score of 70 percent.
Credit Recommendation: In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in marketing (10/12).

Select the date range in which the course/exam was completed: 11/1/2012 - Present

Computer Applications (CSC104)

Credit Type: Course
ACE Course Number: 0167
Organization: Penn Foster College
Length: 1 year, 52 weeks
Dates Offered: 11/1/2012 - Present
Objective: The course objective is to provide an understanding of the basics of a personal computer, the window-operating system, the internet, word-processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
Learning Outcome: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to identify the major components of a personal computer and set up a computer system; navigate in the Windows environment; consult on-screen Help for answers to questions about Windows programs; use the programs contained in the Windows Accessories; use the System Tools for Windows; customize your computer display and input devices; locate, open, save, and close data files; retrieve files that have been recently deleted; use the Clipboard to copy information from one window to another; use the Taskbar to control windows during multitasking; view and organize files and folders on your local disk; discuss the history of the Internet and the World Wide Web; explain how to use a search engine and its features; navigate through the Internet using Web URLs and links; discuss how to use e-mail; explain how to upload and download files to and from the Internet; use Internet resources to search for information; discuss current issues related to Internet use; create, edit, and format Word documents; add graphics and tables to Word documents; merge Word documents; create and use formulas, functions, charts, and graphs in Excel; add, delete, sort, and lay out table data in Excel; explain the basic elements and fundamentals of Microsoft PowerPoint; work with advanced tools, tables, and charts in PowerPoint; and apply Slide Master, shapes, and effects in PowerPoint.
Instruction: The methods of instruction include computer-based training, self-study, text books, and study guide. The general course topics include computer and internet basics, computer hardware and software, digital electronics and file management, introduction to Windows, and PC applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software. The methods of evaluation are quizzes, presentations, and examinations with a minimum passing score of 70 percent.
Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in computer information systems or information technology (11/12).

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,058 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,053 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,977 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,709 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,220 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,712 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,374 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,494 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  Individual learning account? Mab81 2 1,040 06-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: MNomadic