Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster
shadowcross Wrote:oh yeah, congratulations, btw.

Cheers!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]
Thanks in advance!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The cost was $55.00 per credit ($165.00) that includes books and a brand new scientific calculator, and a $20.00 proctor fee. You have to go through the business and industrial area. [/SIZE]

I looked into a lot of the single courses in the Industrial area, and am still interested in many of them.

But Where did you find the ACE approvals? Where did you find the Credit award for passing?

If I am going to commit to taking some of these chemistry courses, I need to know if they are even have any credit value.

Your help is always appriciated

Cheers!
Traditional Credits: 39 (12 used)
FEMA Credits: 9 (6 used)
NFA Credits: 2 (0 used)
DANTES Credits: 21 (18 used)
CLEP Credits: 18 (15 used)
FAA Credits: 39

EC BS in Psychology: 90/120 (38 unused)
shadowcross Wrote:But Where did you find the ACE approvals? Where did you find the Credit award for passing?

If I am going to commit to taking some of these chemistry courses, I need to know if they are even have any credit value.

Your help is always appriciated

Cheers!

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]https://www.acenet.edu/nationalguide/course/index.cfm?id=10314%20%20%20&referer=index.cfm

THEN.....get approval from your academic advisor BEFORE you enroll.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I've checked Penn Foster's website and cannot find the $55 per credit that listed in this forum. Can someone give me a link? Also how long did it take to finish a course? I'm new to this and I'm trying to see if I can take the Microeconomics exam through them instead of waiting six months.

Really appreciate the guidance from everyone.
Passed so far:
CLEP:
A&I Lit - 6 credits
Freshman Comp-6 credits
Eng Comp w/Essay-6 credits
Sociology-3 credits
Principle of Mgmt-3 credits
French - 12 credits
Human Growth & Dev- 3 credits
Humanities-6 credits

DSST:
Principle of Supervision- 3 credits
Env & Humanity - 3 credits
Intro to Computing - 3 credits

FEMA/FCC: 16 credits
UMUC-22 credits
NVCC -17
ACE - 23 credits
Aleks - Beginning Algebra
Aleks-Intermediate Algebra
ACTFL Chinese -6 credits

All done - Graduating in Oct from TESC -BA in Humanities!!

Grad School: MS Human Resource Mgmt-2012
tester Wrote:I've checked Penn Foster's website and cannot find the $55 per credit that listed in this forum. Can someone give me a link? Also how long did it take to finish a course? I'm new to this and I'm trying to see if I can take the Microeconomics exam through them instead of waiting six months.

Really appreciate the guidance from everyone.

Hi Tester,

You won't find much information on their web site about the option to take a single course at Penn Foster. The focus of their marketing is towards getting students to enroll in actual degree or certificate programs.

You should call their Business and Industrial department at: 1-800-233-0259 to register for a single class and/or ask any questions you may have.

Make sure that any course you take with them has been ACE approved for college credit. If not, you will run into problems when you try to transfer your credits to a Regionally Accredited school.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:You won't find much information on their web site about the option to take a single course at Penn Foster. The focus of their marketing is towards getting students to enroll in actual degree or certificate programs.

Which is a shame, frankly. I think there's quite a market coming for ala carte online classes at an affordable price.
Yeah but then they couldn't make people take their bogus courses and get a certificate.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
larry7crys Wrote:Yeah but then they couldn't make people take their bogus courses and get a certificate.

Hi Larry,

I wouldn't call them bogus. Their career school and high school programs are legitimately accredited both regionally and nationally, and their college programs are legitimately accredited nationally by DETC.

I have actually taken one of their courses myself, and can assure you that it was anything but bogus.

Penn Foster offers relatively affordable, flexible, and viable opportunities to many individuals who might not otherwise know how to improve themselves or their situation.

It's obviously not a path that is right for everyone, but I wouldn't discourage or disparage those who DO choose to go the PFC route.

Ironically, the most expensive AND the most 'bogus' course I have ever taken was at Excelsior College. I never felt so 'ripped off' as when I paid for and completed their Information Literacy course. So I suppose there is good and bad in everything.
hilarious

Take care,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]