Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pg Cert and Pg Dip
(03-28-2021, 08:10 PM)Seagull Wrote: Also to quote you on a different thread:  'I would not use the Bachelors to Masters option as a Masters degree at a Big 3 either as the cost, energy, time would exceed or be much more than a Competency Based degree at one of the recommended options.'

Hmm so why is it a good idea if those courses are not transferable to any other program?

Because a standalone PGCert from an accredited school starts at $3,000 in the US (if you're lucky) and you can get it for 1/10th of the cost.

Plus, some of those classes can transfer elsewhere, it's just that you have to play it by ear until you find a school that accepts your credits.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Previously, the old way, individuals used VESI to transfer course to Amberton University's MA Professional Development.   For example, they finished their BALS or BSBA at TESU for the cost of 16 RA credits with the Study.com discount: $379 x 16 = $6064 , plus grad fee of $298.  They then take 4 courses at VESI, 3 credits each at $290/course = $1160.  So, for total, it would cost them $7522.   The Amberton MA Professional Development currently is $285/credit, you need 24 credits = $6840.

Nowadays, I recommend the following: Instead of taking 4 VESI courses and transfer, it's better to transfer RA credits to another university, as more universities will take RA credits over a private course provider such as VESI even though these VESI courses credits are transferred from a third party university.  Further to that, it'll save you the $1160, you just need to take some inexpensive ACE courses to graduate the BALS/BSBA.  Then use the Bach to Master option to get 12 grad credits cheaply.

Here are examples of many many RA schools that will take TESU's graduate level courses, since I used Amberton as an example above.  I'll continue with them first.  Here's the MAPD, it allows 12 credit transfers out of the 36 credits: https://www.amberton.edu/programs-and-co...tails.html  - APUS Masters of Arts in Humanities, max transfer of 15 credits out of 36 - https://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/school...ities.html

Another option would be Liberty MA Interdisciplinary Studies, max transfer of 15 out of 31 - https://www.liberty.edu/online/arts-and-...y-studies/ - If you chose a BALS but decided to take MBA courses using the B2M, you can transfer in 15 credits into Walden's Tempo MBA, you can then probably finish the degree in 1 term at $2700 or 2 at $5400 (it gets cheaper if you have the limited time discounts!)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-28-2021, 11:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Previously, the old way, individuals used VESI to transfer course to Amberton University's MA Professional Development.   For example, they finished their BALS or BSBA at TESU for the cost of 16 RA credits with the Study.com discount: $379 x 16 = $6064 , plus grad fee of $298.  They then take 4 courses at VESI, 3 credits each at $290/course = $1160.  So, for total, it would cost them $7522.   The Amberton MA Professional Development currently is $285/credit, you need 24 credits = $6840.

Nowadays, I recommend the following: Instead of taking 4 VESI courses and transfer, it's better to transfer RA credits to another university, as more universities will take RA credits over a private course provider such as VESI even though these VESI courses credits are transferred from a third party university.  Further to that, it'll save you the $1160, you just need to take some inexpensive ACE courses to graduate the BALS/BSBA.  Then use the Bach to Master option to get 12 grad credits cheaply.

Here are examples of many many RA schools that will take TESU's graduate level courses, since I used Amberton as an example above.  I'll continue with them first.  Here's the MAPD, it allows 12 credit transfers out of the 36 credits: https://www.amberton.edu/programs-and-co...tails.html  - APUS Masters of Arts in Humanities, max transfer of 15 credits out of 36 - https://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/school...ities.html

Another option would be Liberty MA Interdisciplinary Studies, max transfer of 15 out of 31 - https://www.liberty.edu/online/arts-and-...y-studies/ - If you chose a BALS but decided to take MBA courses using the B2M, you can transfer in 15 credits into Walden's Tempo MBA, you can then probably finish the degree in 1 term at $2700 or 2 at $5400 (it gets cheaper if you have the limited time discounts!)
 Cool thanks. 

The BA to M, the courses have to be approved or one can start taking them and then applying? And is the 3 years professional job a requirement? If so does it limit the ability to apply?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for online Grad Cert. or Masters Program RoliJoli 4 1,122 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  New Amberton Grad Cert ss20ts 0 564 03-25-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UT Austin post graduate cert Data Science and Business Analytics Pats20 4 1,489 01-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  NationsU Grad Cert in Biblical Studies armstrongsubero 1 1,252 10-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Planning for next steps after BSBA: MBA+MSML, MBA+Grad Cert, PhD? Merlin 14 3,363 11-25-2018, 03:58 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  systems analyst cert/programs Paramedic12 7 1,844 08-26-2018, 11:12 PM
Last Post: dmjacobsen
  Review: Grad Cert Econ Educ: U.Colorado Colorado Springs eriehiker 5 2,385 05-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Family Pic with Grad. Cert. :) eriehiker 6 2,701 04-28-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  Grad cert through prior learning only? Ideas 5 1,427 03-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Degree/Cert/Diploma in helping/psych fields? Ideas 10 2,561 05-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Ideas