Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhD IT, $383 PCH, Bachelors entry, thoughts!?
Its not the same title. I emailed the professor personally.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-07-2018, 04:48 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Its not the same title. I emailed the professor personally.

Can you copy and paste his response?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
The titles are distinct.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-07-2018, 04:49 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: The titles are distinct.

Can you copy and paste his/her response?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Wow that email is so long ago. I cant even remember what address he sent from. That was the only deal breaker for me, I wanted the "Computer Sciences" in there.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(12-07-2018, 04:52 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Wow that email is so long ago. I cant even remember what address he sent from. That was the only deal breaker for me, I wanted the "Computer Sciences" in there.

Which email service do you use? You can't search your emails? 

I'll send an email or call. Someone asked me about online doctoral programs in STEM from brick and mortar schools. The guy's email address is on the webpage.

Regardless, I don't see an Information Systems track; I see an Information Science track.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Yeah I just looked at it on his page prof. John Daniel...but it is long wiped. Every 2 or so months my gmail is cleared the social media especially facebook sends so much notifications. I have my own mail server I use for personal email for my friends, family and work, that I never delete.

But for social media, school, my IoT device notifications etc I use gmail and that is wiped frequently cause too much comes in.

Yeah you can email him, he is very friendly.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

So, the professor's name is John Talburt. After years of dealing with TESU, I've become an expert at clarification and recognizing when school employees don't quite understand a question. Here is our exchange.

Me: Hello Dr. Talburt,

I am looking for an online, IT-related PhD program. I came across your school's online PhD in Computer and Information Sciences on a higher education forum. I know that only the Information Quality and Information Science specialization tracks are available online, however, the core courses for the online program appear to be different from the core courses in the campus program. Someone said that the online degree is not actually called a PhD in Computer and Information Sciences. Is that true? It was my understanding that the degree titles would be the same on the diploma and transcript.

Thank you,

XXXX

Dr. Talburt: Because all courses are delivered through webcasting, there is no difference in the degree name or difference on the transcript between on-campus and online for GC, MS, or PhD in IQ or IS.
Thanks,
-jrt-

Me: Dr. Talburt,

Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, is it a PhD in Computer and Information Science with specializations/concentrations in Information Science and Information Quality, or is it a PhD in Information Science and a PhD in Information Quality?

Dr. Talburt: PhD in Computer and Information Sciences with specializations/concentrations in Information Science and Information Quality
Thanks,
-jrt-
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jsd, verenaf
@sanatone. Thats not what I was told! I distinctly remember speaking to a Dr. Daniel! I used that email on the page and a Dr. Daniel responded to me.

Hmm and that responce seems like he dosent know. As I recall Talburt was in charge of the information quality program.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(12-07-2018, 04:13 AM)sanantone Wrote: I certainly do believe you have the dead bodies.

that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me
[-] The following 2 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • davewill, jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts about putting credentials next to your name on Linkedin? soliloquy 26 1,506 04-23-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: McManus
  Engineering Masters with UMPI liberal studies bachelors tmikula 8 1,126 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Updated List of MOOC Bachelors/Masters degrees bjcheung77 3 2,075 09-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Anyone Done/Thoughts Online Masters In ITM or IT (Coursera) From IIT sam98 5 1,151 09-22-2023, 01:57 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  MBA without a degree? Possible to transfer credits from Masters towards Bachelors? FM1 13 1,904 05-09-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest RA CS/IT graduate program that accepts my UoPeople CS Bachelors? mastersDegreeDecision 7 1,667 03-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  Thoughts and Opinions on PhD in Bible Exposition from Liberty University isaachunter 18 6,281 08-06-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Accredited Online Masters (and Bachelors) Degrees Under $2000 Sdmj33 1 1,775 12-12-2020, 05:12 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Thoughts on Brandman University natshar 0 902 12-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Any thoughts on ESERP? JWells247 2 759 08-25-2020, 03:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az