Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhD IT, $383 PCH, Bachelors entry, thoughts!?
(12-07-2018, 09:28 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @sanatone. Thats not what I was told! I distinctly remember speaking to a Dr. Daniel! I used that email on the page and a Dr. Daniel responded to me.

Hmm and that responce seems like he dosent know. As I recall Talburt was in charge of the information quality program.

John Talburt is the one listed on the webpage. It's a PhD in Computer and Information Sciences as it says on the website. You can't even come up with the email or John Daniel's email address.

Dr. Talburt is the program advisor for the program. I think he knows what his degree program is called.

Quote:Program Advisor
Dr. John Talburt | Professor of Information Science
Department of Information Science
501.371.7616 | jrtalburt@ualr.edu | Graduate School website

https://ualr.edu/online/programs/cis/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Okay....well I know the conversation I had. I started this thread and sent a lot of emails back an forth with them.

Hence I think I'll do the Aapen DSc in computer science. That PhD is in IS or IQ. Not interested in that only if Information and computer sciences is on the parchment I'll do it and it is not.

Its not my fault you talked to a chatbot. The guy I talked to knew a lot.

Heres a workaround he gave me. If you do the cert in IQ you dont need GRE or GMAT to enter the program.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-07-2018, 09:38 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Okay....well I know the conversation I had. I started this thread and sent a lot of emails back an forth with them.

Hence I think I'll do the Aapen DSc in computer science. That PhD is in IS or IQ. Not interested in that only if Information and computer sciences is on the parchment I'll do it and it is not.

Its not my fault you talked to a chatbot. The guy I talked to knew a lot.

Heres a workaround he gave me. If you do the cert in IQ you dont need GRE or GMAT to enter the program.

I didn't talk to a chat bot. I sent emails! You can't even prove that the guy you emailed is real. How much more evidence do you need to know that Dr. Talburt is the program advisor? 

Quote:For more information, contact Dr. John Talburt

Computer and Information Sciences Doctoral Curriculum 

https://ualr.edu/computerscience/prospective-students/programs/graduate-programs/
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Ah google to the rescue. This is the guy I spoke too!

https://ualr.edu/technologyinnovation/fa...-berleant/

He is so real!
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(12-07-2018, 09:43 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Ah google to the rescue. This is the guy I spoke too!

https://ualr.edu/technologyinnovation/fa...-berleant/

You couldn't even remember the guy's name? I'll be emailing him too.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I confused them cause he mentioned John overseeing the IQ program.

Yes email him!
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Wow. This thread escalated quickly. I am not a educated, or trained, technology person so my previous input on this thread was based on a friend of mine who is educated, and trained, in this field. Though I am not certain why the whole “shark” thing was brought into the discussion. Seems irrelevant. That said, I’ll likely never work in an IT department again. I spent 3 months in one organizing and preparing our security awareness training program. Never again (unless it is the be the Director of IT ?).
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • jsd
ThatBankDude it wasnt meant to be relevant dude!! This thread went way way off course then back again. That was when it was off course.

I was just tugging at jsd
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(12-07-2018, 10:43 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I was just tugging at jsd

Keep tugging, I'm enjoying the hole you dug yourself here with sanantone.  Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-07-2018, 11:10 AM)jsd Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 10:43 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I was just tugging at jsd

Keep tugging, I'm enjoying the hole you dug yourself here with sanantone.  Big Grin
I didn't dig a hole, dosent feel like I'm in a hole at all, I was digging, but it wasnt s hole. Sanatone has her opinion and I have mine. At the end of it all she is doing a PhD in CJ and I want to do a PhD in CS.

She can say what she pleases. If that were the title of the program I would have done that PhD and enrolled in it instead of doing a BA in CS at TESU to get into a grad program. Heck I started this thread because I was going to enroll in the program and wanted to share it, until I found out the name that would be on the diploma.

I emailed the department and got a response so I decided to to a BA in Comp Sci to reach my goal. She is a CJ major dont know what she has to gain from this.

It would be great if the title of this program was 'PhD in Computer and Information Sciences' I would be all over it, but I was told it is not so I moved on. When did I do this thread March or something? As of March thats the information I got.

And she seems to have spoken to some Prof. who dosent know anything about naming of the degree. Poor soul just wants funding for his research.

As for the other stuff I wont bother. She is in corrections and I am a police officer and we are both in different countries, so her words mean nothing to me. She is NOT a police officer. She reads about them in books. I on the other hand am one and know how stuff runs here. So meh not paying attention to that.

So I am in no hole. If the program is that name then great, but I already made another plan based on when I got my information. If she says what not about the CJ theory mumbo jumbo, it dosent matter to me, cause I know what is happening here first hand.

Its not like I dont know CJ I work in the system and studied CJ for 7 years locally actually. A prof. got mad at me cause I told him a field based on narrow theories that dont hold true in every culture and country is not worth studying. What works in the American tectbooks wont work in our culture. Wasted 7 years of my life. But in life you learn.

If we are developing a new training program we partner with unis so that stuff about profs not knowing anything about the workforce and a degree not giving you an edge in public service. Not even going to entertain that. Thats BS and we both know it.

So I am in no hole my friend. I'm actually watching someone who never planted a tree telling me I'm digging a hole wrong cause its too shallow, when all I want is some dirt to mulch my plants.

@sanataone let me know when you talk to someone who actually knows whats going on at UALR and what they place on their parchments. Since I started this thread in March I have since made other plans. Right now I'm looking for a cheap fast data structures course cause I found clovis to do my intro to prgogramming then its Masters in EE and PhD in CS here I come!!

@jsd I just wanted to say thank you. I have read many of your threads and posts and it helped me a lot, even before I registered here your posts helped me a lot Big Grin
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts about putting credentials next to your name on Linkedin? soliloquy 25 1,382 04-14-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: datby98
  Engineering Masters with UMPI liberal studies bachelors tmikula 8 1,119 01-22-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Updated List of MOOC Bachelors/Masters degrees bjcheung77 3 2,072 09-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Anyone Done/Thoughts Online Masters In ITM or IT (Coursera) From IIT sam98 5 1,146 09-22-2023, 01:57 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  MBA without a degree? Possible to transfer credits from Masters towards Bachelors? FM1 13 1,898 05-09-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest RA CS/IT graduate program that accepts my UoPeople CS Bachelors? mastersDegreeDecision 7 1,659 03-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  Thoughts and Opinions on PhD in Bible Exposition from Liberty University isaachunter 18 6,261 08-06-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Accredited Online Masters (and Bachelors) Degrees Under $2000 Sdmj33 1 1,769 12-12-2020, 05:12 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Thoughts on Brandman University natshar 0 897 12-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Any thoughts on ESERP? JWells247 2 755 08-25-2020, 03:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az