Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhD for as little as $1290,66 p/a at a top 150 school.
(12-05-2023, 07:46 AM)thodeptrai Wrote: Yes, I'm in HCM city. My name is Thơ. How about you?  Big Grin
Me too Big Grin
Has anyone applied to the PhD program at Unisa for the upcoming term?
How long does it take to receive the results?
Do we need to submit SAQA certificates?

For Unisa, there is a levy for students in foreign countries (R11,685 = 623 USD).
I would appreciate any information on how to reduce or waive this fee.
https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/...neous-fees
(06-08-2023, 11:45 AM)JPN Wrote:
(06-08-2023, 04:22 AM)KSoul Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 11:38 PM)IReallyNeedADegree Wrote:
(10-28-2022, 02:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: UNISA has been talked about before, they're an awesome program and length of the program is comparable to ones here, the pricing also has shot up for non South African permanent residents or citizens.  They're a great option, but I would also keep options open in other countries as well.  I've kept them in my list of doctoral program options too...

do you mean that UNISA is hackable? How fast could one get an online degree from UNISA if it is comparable to the degrees commonly spoken about on this forum?

After carefully examining the detailed feedback in the sister forum degreeinfo, I cannot classify UNISA as hackable since there is no way to expedite the process, and the program typically takes several years to complete a doctorate. Additionally, I have found only a handful of success stories, which leads me to speculate whether the program's affordability makes it easier to abandon at some point.

If you're searching for a potential alternative, I highly recommend exploring Stellenbosch University. Following thorough research, I applied and received acceptance into their doctoral program. My plan was to accomplish my doctorate with VUL and then subsequently return to Stellenbosch in late 2024. Their application process is straightforward and their communication is excellent, with an average response time of two days.

My city used to house Canada's educational agent for UNISA. I've found many mentions on the sister forum that without an educational agent, UNISA is an absolute nightmare to navigate without an agent. This was back a decade ago, UNISA seems like even more of a bureaucratic quagmire now these days.

I asked for a list of new educational agents but I never got a reply back, probably because it is an administrative quagmire.

ANY luck on those educational agents? Thanks.

My understanding is you need the patience of a philosopher to work with them without the agents to guide you through.

Anyone?
Ongoing:
MBA/MA Philosophy.
University of Mary, North Dakota.2024-

MLS Public Administration.
Interdisciplinary Liberal and Political Science Studies.
Fort Hays State University, Kansas. 2025-

Completed:
BA. Business, Economics, Education Studies, Psychology. 
Minors in Philosophy/History, Mathematics/Natural Sciences. 
USNY Regents College (now Excelsior University), New York. 1979, revalidated 1988.

Self-Development:
Associate Arts/Sciences-level studies. Philosophy, Government, Sociology, Computers. 
St. Petersburg College, Florida. 2013-2019.
UNISA had an agent for North America (Canada & USA), but that agent hasn't been working for a few years at least...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MFG
(01-24-2024, 04:09 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: UNISA had an agent for North America (Canada & USA), but that agent hasn't been working for a few years at least...

Dr Michael Esslen and you are right, not sure if he doing it anymore. I used him and he was great

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online MS Biological Sciences - 8 Months - Automatic Admission to Medical School Captainrekt000 4 555 12-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,361 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,802 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  ESC Clermont Business School DBA durain 9 1,692 08-02-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: durain
  EdS/Phd Hybrid/Online School Psychology programs? nyvrem 7 2,320 09-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  funding sources for Law School without six figures of loan debt EducationSeeker 8 1,190 07-28-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Montpellier Business School Online DBA, AACSB durain 14 3,483 06-14-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: durain
  My Grad School Thoughts - Masters/PHD bjcheung77 130 39,856 09-14-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  I got denied from U of Cumberlands. Do you have a new school for PHD. recommend? Sulkiahha 5 3,051 06-28-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: jsd