Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pharmacy Technicians University
I am going through the alphabet on the ACE national guide and I found this potentially interesting credit source.  It is the Pharmacy Technicians University.  It is, apparently, $99 for the entire online program and results in 7 ACE recommended credits.  That is a pretty good price.  Here are some links:

http://pharmacytechniciansuniversity.the...indvenroll

http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1008901

ACE Recommendation:

Credit Type:
Course
ACE Course Number:
Organization:
Therapeutic Research Center
Length:
Self-paced (160 hours)
Dates Offered:
1/1/2017 - 12/31/2019
Objective:
The course objective is to prepare current and aspiring pharmacy technicians with standardized training that meets all state requirements to practice as a pharmacy technician. The program also prepares technicians for any state or national certification exam.
Learning Outcome:
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to differentiate between duties allowed and not allowed of a pharmacy technician; practice within the scope of practice of a pharmacy technician; translate medical terminology and sig codes; calculate drug dosages, concentrations, quantities, and days' supply; prepare prescriptions and medication orders; practice billing procedures for medication and supplies; demonstrate inventory policies and procedures; classify different pharmacologic classes of medications; and prepare sterile and non-sterile products.
Instruction:
The methods of instruction include computer-based training. The general course topics include the role of the pharmacy technician; pharmacy law; pharmaceutical terminology; medication safety; communication; basic pharmaceutical calculations; pharmacology; prescription preparation; billing and third-party processing; inventory; non-sterile compounding; and sterile compounding.
Assessment:
The methods of assessment are examination with a minimum passing score of 75 percent.
Credit Recommendation:
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in introduction to pharmacy practice, 2 in introduction to pharmacology, and 2 in basic pharmacy law and ethics. This course has been awarded a total of 7 semester hours at the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category. (1/17).
[-] The following 5 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • bluebooger, hsfamfun, Life Long Learning, Nightmoves5, SDO
Very interesting! Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

$14 per credit, although most are free electives. It does look like you'd get 2cr for Ethics, so that could be used just about anywhere in a degree program.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Great find! Thank you so much for sharing!
I think my 18 year old son is going to enroll in this, for a combination of Career Exploration and to collect the credits.  He knows that he is interested in Health but he is not sure what direction he wants to take degree wise.  I will either report back or let him report himself.   Thank You for the Information!
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(02-14-2018, 12:22 PM)hsfamfun Wrote: I think my 18 year old son is going to enroll in this, for a combination of Career Exploration and to collect the credits.  He knows that he is interested in Health but he is not sure what direction he wants to take degree wise.  I will either report back or let him report himself.   Thank You for the Information!

Keep us posted Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I called the company today. They stated that they no longer offer an individual license on that product (pharmacy technician's university) they only offer institutional licenses (for a full pharmacy or hospital).

They just didn't update their website.  Angry 

I would check for yourself but that is what the rep told me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes roughhew's post:
  • dfrecore
My son inquired about this program, but was told that you can only participate through an Employer, who has a Pharmacist that can act as a "Supervisor" throughout the course! It was a good find, but looks to be a tool for Pharmacies to educate employees.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(02-24-2018, 12:12 PM)hsfamfun Wrote: My son inquired about this program, but was told that you can only participate through an Employer, who has a Pharmacist that can act as a "Supervisor" throughout the course!  It was a good find, but looks to be a tool for Pharmacies to educate employees.

pharmacists are required to do a certain number of Continuing Education Credits each year  

I wonder if being a supervisor for this course would count 

if so, then it might make it easier to find one willing to help

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thomas Edison State University Transferring EdwardLong 13 1,793 09-29-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,340 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Transfer Credit to MBA (University of People) Lekhasri 13 3,096 12-14-2021, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Florida International University accepts Striaghterline credits! nomaduser 1 1,002 10-06-2020, 03:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Columbia Southern University and StraighterLine - Saving on my degree Bpreli 6 2,364 04-22-2020, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Liberty University's Future Course Request Form hannah-joy 1 845 12-21-2019, 04:57 AM
Last Post: terryd5150
  Grand Canyon University (GCU) help? Cheeseburrito 2 2,043 10-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Liberty University Interdisciplinary Studies B.S. Online hannah-joy 7 1,545 05-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  *NEW* University Tuition Discounts Section- OnlineDegree.com onlinedegree-com 6 1,850 04-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: onlinedegree-com
  Student at formerly Patten University- now John F. Kennedy University collegecareerstudent 2 1,018 10-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent