Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical/Natural World 1 CR course?
Hi guys, for the BSBA at TESU, you have to have 4 to 7 credits in the Understanding the Physical and Natural World category. I already have Environmental Science from Straighterline. Is there a course anywhere that is easy to complete and only 1 credit (or 2?) I am trying to save money and I am hoping not to have to pay for a 3 credit course if there is a 1 credit class floating around that someone knows about. thanks for any help.

Edit: I am also wondering if anyone knows if I can use the SL Medical Terminology as a 'gen ed elective'? I have heard people say it is a 'free elective' but i am unsure of where a free elective would slot in the degree plan. Same with the free Sophia courses, I know they are electives but unsure if I can slot them into the Gen Ed electives or if i put them down at the bottom in the plain 'Electives' area.

(10-27-2018, 08:33 PM)Mab81 Wrote: Hi guys, for the BSBA at TESU, you have to have 4 to 7 credits in the Understanding the Physical and Natural World category. I already have Environmental Science from Straighterline. Is there a course anywhere that is easy to complete and only 1 credit (or 2?) I am trying to save money and I am hoping not to have to pay for a 3 credit course if there is a 1 credit class floating around that someone knows about. thanks for any help.

I think one of the labs through StraighterLine would work.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
If you live in the US try an OnlineDegree.com course. If not then you have no choice but to do a course from straighterline.

Dont do the lab at SL. It requires a kit which costs a lot.

The Sophia IT course would qualify as a Natural World course.

You could do a class at SL. It is the cheapest option. For around $150. You pay for a month membership and I think until 31st October they have a halloween special so it may cost you $99.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Mab81
(10-27-2018, 08:33 PM)Mab81 Wrote: Hi guys, for the BSBA at TESU, you have to have 4 to 7 credits in the Understanding the Physical and Natural World category. I already have Environmental Science from Straighterline. Is there a course anywhere that is easy to complete and only 1 credit (or 2?) I am trying to save money and I am hoping not to have to pay for a 3 credit course if there is a 1 credit class floating around that someone knows about. thanks for any help.

Edit: I am also wondering if anyone knows if I can use the SL Medical Terminology as a 'gen ed elective'? I have heard people say it is a 'free elective' but i am unsure of where a free elective would slot in the degree plan. Same with the free Sophia courses, I know they are electives but unsure if I can slot them into the Gen Ed electives or if i put them down at the bottom in the plain 'Electives' area.

Medical Terminology comes in as a 3 credit free elective I believe, which is not the same as Gen Ed elective. Pretty sure it isn't any cheaper than any other course, so not sure why you'd want to take that. For the BSBA you only have like 6 credits of free electives. I recommend that you reserve those for courses you want to take for yourself which don't apply to your degree plan. Yes, they go into the plain 'Electives' area at the bottom of the evaluation.

For Physical & Natural Science Gen Ed courses, keep in mind that you can also use computer related courses, those will slot into that GenEd too. You'll need an intro to computers type of course for the BSBA core, but any other CS related courses you take can potentially be used as GenEd if they come in as CIS-### or COS-### at TESU.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
A 1cr course like a lab is going to cost more than a 3cr course, so just go with a 3cr. Cheap and free options listed above.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
SL has a free course coupon this month.. so just take Nutrition for the extra course, it's free! (provided your membership is still active)
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
You should be able to do the Into to Computers class at Saylor for that slot. Just $25 for the proctoring fee.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
OnlineDegree has many nearly Free ($9 proctoring) 3 credit options that would work: https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-courses/  OD offers quite a options for Physical and Natural World: Astronomy, Biology, Environmental Science, Nutrition, Computer Science, Robotics (Maybe?)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I have Sophia's Intro to Biology and Environmental Science. These 2 courses will take care of the physical & natural world section, right?

Edit: I just found my answer! It'll work.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,145 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  World History/Western Civilization History degree requirement rachel83az 3 778 02-22-2022, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Murdockb
  Understanding Physical and Natural World - Missing 2 credits utility 4 620 02-08-2021, 11:00 AM
Last Post: utility
  Understanding physical and natural world credit be denied cmp-202? Forgiven 5 874 10-13-2020, 01:04 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  Uexcel "World Conflicts since 1900" comes in at TESU as LL or UL? jsh1138 3 1,032 11-17-2019, 08:09 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Anything out there for 1 credit towards Natural World? blt93933 12 1,955 12-18-2018, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  1 credit remaining Natural World ThirtySomething 9 1,879 10-26-2018, 02:13 PM
Last Post: mysonx3