Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC What should I take for UL courses?
I heard that a Liberal Arts degree was the easiest path to a degree, so I went with a BS in Liberal Arts. I have almost finished the General Education Requirements and the Liberal Arts Requirements thanks to transferred credits and free courses on Sophia, and I will take the Cornerstone Seminar this fall semester. 

What I'm curious about is what are the easiest courses to take online to fulfill the Upper Div Req Bachelor and Indiv/Liberal Studi? Can anybody make any recommendations for what to take for upper level courses as I'm almost finished with my lower level requirements?

Thank you very much! Big Grin
Your best bet will probably be the Study.com History and Psychology courses that are listed as upper level on the Study.com/COSC transfer guide.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
(07-18-2020, 01:31 PM)topdog98 Wrote: Your best bet will probably be the Study.com History and Psychology courses that are listed as upper level on the Study.com/COSC transfer guide.

I had no idea that site had a COSC transfer guide, that is very helpful! Thank you very much for your reply! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes daharamu's post:
  • topdog98
If it helps you find the transfer guide faster or later down the road https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html

SDC is probably best route for upper level courses. If/when DSST and UExcel centers reopen in your area, there are some of those that COSC takes as upper level that could work. And TECEP as well. For which exams, look at cosc catalog under master list of exams https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ograms.php

For example I know someone who used several of the history test options for concentration upper level (such as dsst History of Soviet Union, Civil War, and Vietnam War), and then just other upper level (world population was one of them) to meet the degree requirements. I don't have the full list of what was used but I remember those were on it.

keep in mind when deciding on SDC and DSST and Clep and other ACE providers that cosc caps those at 90 credits. Tecep and Uexcel exams are "regionally accredited" testing programs and do not seem to be part of that 90 limit.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Clepper43
(07-18-2020, 08:30 PM)P226mem Wrote: If it helps you find the transfer guide faster or later down the road https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html

SDC is probably best route for upper level courses.  If/when DSST and UExcel centers reopen in your area, there are some of those that COSC takes as upper level that could work.  And TECEP as well.  For which exams, look at cosc catalog under master list of exams https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ograms.php

For example I know someone who used several of the history test options for concentration upper level (such as dsst History of Soviet Union, Civil War, and Vietnam War), and then just other upper level (world population was one of them) to meet the degree requirements. I don't have the full list of what was used but I remember those were on it.

keep in mind when deciding on SDC and DSST and Clep and other ACE providers that cosc caps those at 90 credits.  Tecep and Uexcel exams are "regionally accredited" testing programs and do not seem to be part of that 90 limit.

This is very helpful, thank you very much! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes daharamu's post:
  • Clepper43
Am I right that COSC doesn't have a set Liberal Arts Bachelors? I think it must be done through Individualized Studies or Liberal Studies.

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...tudies.php which requires approval from an academic advisor after you have enrolled.

My son is planning for a Individualized Studies Business/Communications bachelor's, but he hasn't enrolled or gotten it approved.

Cheaper upper levels are a challenge at COSC but this degree is one of the easier ones to fulfill I think!
(07-19-2020, 08:57 AM)Clepper43 Wrote: Am I right that COSC doesn't have a set Liberal Arts Bachelors? I think it must be done through Individualized Studies or Liberal Studies.

Yes. Typically people seem to shorten it to BS in LS for online discussion purposes but it's more of a nickname than precise degree name.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,954 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,859 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,398 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,095 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,339 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,783 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,250 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,914 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso