Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physiological Psychology at Coopersmith?
(08-07-2018, 10:43 AM)annabrown Wrote: Thank you! That actually seems very straight forward. Do you have unlimited time to finish the course?
I think you have an entire year.  I would definitely not want to drag it out that long.  I work better with a strong push, fast momentum kind of rhythm.  I took about 5 weeks to complete Physiological Psych, but I had a bunch of other things going on that were distracting me.  I probably could have done it in 3 weeks with less distractions.
(08-04-2018, 05:49 AM)nashpond Wrote: Coopersmith update:
I just took my final for Physiological Psychology yesterday.  It was not as bad as I was afraid it would be.  : )

Coopersmith provided a YouTube power point presentation, the same presentation without a narrator, an in-depth outline of the textbook, and a short practice test.  I rented the text book from Amazon, and I did not buy the interactive online My Psych Lab from Pearson.  I read the book and took notes, then I went through the Coopersmith online materials.  Pay especially close attention to the presentation power point and practice exam.  They seemed to give the best clue as to what was actually on the exam.

Physiological Psychology covers a lot of detailed material and I was concerned about how in-depth the exam would be.  The exam was 35 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.  The questions were fair and reasonable, no tricks.  I used Proctor U.

My exam results were already up first thing this morning and I got a 97.5.  I worked hard on this course and it took me longer than any other courses (not including the capstone!), about 4 weeks.

Relief!  The courses are all done and passed! Big Grin

Do you have any additional advice about passing the Physiological Psychology final exam? I planned to only use the powerpoints and crash course video and not buy the text/rent the text book. Should I focus on any specific topics, pathology, anatomy, pharma, etc. ?
Anyone have any tips for this class? I opted to go with Coopersmith instead of Study.com since it's UL and doesn't require an essay. I bought the textbook but not the MyPsychLab.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(08-04-2018, 05:49 AM)nashpond Wrote: Coopersmith update:
I just took my final for Physiological Psychology yesterday.  It was not as bad as I was afraid it would be.  : )

Coopersmith provided a YouTube power point presentation, the same presentation without a narrator, an in-depth outline of the textbook, and a short practice test.  I rented the text book from Amazon, and I did not buy the interactive online My Psych Lab from Pearson.  I read the book and took notes, then I went through the Coopersmith online materials.  Pay especially close attention to the presentation power point and practice exam.  They seemed to give the best clue as to what was actually on the exam.

Physiological Psychology covers a lot of detailed material and I was concerned about how in-depth the exam would be.  The exam was 35 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.  The questions were fair and reasonable, no tricks.  I used Proctor U.

My exam results were already up first thing this morning and I got a 97.5.  I worked hard on this course and it took me longer than any other courses (not including the capstone!), about 4 weeks.

Relief!  The courses are all done and passed! Big Grin
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,365 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 566 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 431 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 4,019 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 565 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,029 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,266 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,244 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM