Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picking between two classes at SL - Advice needed.
Good Afternoon,

I am currently enrolled at TESU and looking at my last few classes. I want to take advantage of the SL coupon. I would love any recommendations that you believe would be the best option from SL. Based on my options I am thinking about Managerial Accounting/Accounting II or Business Law? On one hand I am AD military so I am able to take CLEP/DSST for free, but I have also heard that Business Law is pretty rough. On the other hand, Managerial Accounting does not exist as a CLEP/DSST option.

If anyone has taken one of these classes and can provide your thoughts, I would appreciate it!

-Robot
How about both? SL is great.
(01-29-2020, 03:00 PM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: Good Afternoon, 

I am currently enrolled at TESU and looking at my last few classes. I want to take advantage of the SL coupon. I would love any recommendations that you believe would be the best option from SL.  Based on my options I am thinking about Managerial Accounting/Accounting II or Business Law? On one hand I am AD military so I am able to take CLEP/DSST for free, but I have also heard that Business Law is pretty rough. On the other hand, Managerial Accounting does not exist as a CLEP/DSST option. 

If anyone has taken one of these classes and can provide your thoughts, I would appreciate it! 

-Robot

Edit: Sorry I posted in the wrong forum, looking for how to delete this post.

That depends on what all classes you have left to take.  Or are you only asking about those two specifically?
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(01-29-2020, 03:00 PM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: Good Afternoon, 

I am currently enrolled at TESU and looking at my last few classes. I want to take advantage of the SL coupon. I would love any recommendations that you believe would be the best option from SL.  Based on my options I am thinking about Managerial Accounting/Accounting II or Business Law? On one hand I am AD military so I am able to take CLEP/DSST for free, but I have also heard that Business Law is pretty rough. On the other hand, Managerial Accounting does not exist as a CLEP/DSST option. 

-Robot

Edit: Sorry I posted in the wrong forum, looking for how to delete this post.

I just finished Business Law from SL a few days ago and it sucked.  It’s good to get out of the way, though.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
I assume you're planning to use these towards a BSBA @ TESU.

Make sure you check the Course Equivalency list before choosing https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

Reason:  The names don't match what you might think them come in as (and that could hurt or help you, or worse duplicate something)
In example:
SL's Managerial Accounting - ACC150 comes into TESU as Cost Accounting - ACC-303 (the only UL SL course, works for some AOS options)
SL' Accounting II - ACC102 comes into TESU as Principles of Managerial Accounting - ACC-102 (meets only the BSBA CORE requirement)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(01-29-2020, 03:46 PM)allvia Wrote: I assume you're planning to use these towards a BSBA @ TESU.

Make sure you check the Course Equivalency list before choosing https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

Reason:  The names don't match what you might think them come in as (and that could hurt or help you, or worse duplicate something)
In example:
SL's Managerial Accounting - ACC150 comes into TESU as Cost Accounting - ACC-303 (the only UL SL course, works for some AOS options)
SL' Accounting II - ACC102 comes into TESU as Principles of Managerial Accounting - ACC-102 (meets only the BSBA CORE requirement)

Thank you for that recommendation. I am aiming for ACC-102 not ACC-303!
Hey OP - Which AOS is this BSBA? If you're going for the GM, then you can take the ACC-303 as well since it'll go into the AOS as UL.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-29-2020, 08:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey OP - Which AOS is this BSBA?  If you're going for the GM, then you can take the ACC-303 as well since it'll go into the AOS as UL.
HR/ORG Mgmt.

I’m done with all of my UL classes, just have a few lower level ones I need to finish out. Planning to do the “transfer in 114/120” for the degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Do classes from Study.com & Sophia.org appear on Studentclearinghouse.org if... UMPI CanICode 9 1,045 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Study.com and SL History Classes Duneranger 8 678 09-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What order to take classes in using Sophia ltw900rr 12 1,786 09-09-2023, 08:29 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Taking 23 classes at Sophia in one month, is that possible? elcastor21 13 2,016 08-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Trying to speedrun some SDC classes: Eng 2, Comp. Arch, Soft. Eng, Python 101 Randyb100 16 1,784 06-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Advice on Transferring Sophia Courses SophiaPrincess 32 4,762 06-20-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Study.com Classes EXPIRING 4/30 smarterby1degree 13 2,168 05-19-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Looking for specific classes!! Caecal07 3 487 05-11-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Last classes at study.com jakill2 2 644 02-23-2023, 09:50 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree