Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG A.A.S. process & timeline
Hey all,

recently via this forum I learned about the pierpont AAS degree and got started on the process.

I currently am a double degree student at my local community college, I've earned 72 credits and am one class away from graduating with an AA in psychology & an AA in political science.

I figured I should pursure pierpont to get their BOG AAS degree (because why not??).

I've applied to pierpont and have been accepted. This morning I mailed them my highschool and college transcripts along with my immunization records. Once they receive them and apply everything to my transcripts there, do I just simply apply for graduation? Also, are there any associated fee's with graduation?

Finally, how long on average does this process take from applying to the school to being accepted for graduation? (I shouldnt have to take any actual classes, my transfer credits should be enough)

thanks for your help!
If you already have 2 AA degrees in the works, I wouldn't bother with the Pierpont BOG AAS, since it's pretty much impossible to get transcripts for it without taking a class from there. Check out the following post/thread:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Life_One
(08-15-2018, 08:56 AM)quigongene Wrote: If you already have 2 AA degrees in the works, I wouldn't bother with the Pierpont BOG AAS, since it's pretty much impossible to get transcripts for it without taking a class from there.  Check out the following post/thread:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts

I have no desire or need for transcripts from there, All I desire is the physical associates degree.

Yes I have two other associates degrees in the works, do I need a 3rd? no, probably not.

but If  I can get a third one for essentially free and limited hassle, then why not? It's another associates degree to list on my resume and one I can earn with pretty much no effort.

can anyone answer my original question, what if any costs come with the pierpont BOG AAS degree? and how long on average does it take from start to finish if all you are doing is transferring credits?
No fees except transcript fees. Current timeline is months.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Once they receive them and apply everything to my transcripts there, do I just simply apply for graduation?

Answer: Yes

Also, are there any associated fee's with graduation?

Answer: No

Finally, how long on average does this process take from applying to the school to being accepted for graduation?

Answer: https://www.pierpont.edu/graduation

Also, if you finish your AA degrees before your BOG degree, you'll be ineligible.
I went through and graduated from the BOG program. I applied in April of 2017. I was able to make the August of 2017 graduating class. I had almost everything completed in terms of C.C. credits, that I needed. I applied with nearly 90 credits of C.C. and equivalency credits. After the Academic Eval by the school, I found out that I was one English Class short of what I needed to graduate. I quickly crammed an A.C.E. College Composition II course, I believe it was.

So, for me, it was no more than 4 months from the time that I applied. In March of 2017, I had never even heard of the program. I read a post about the program on this forum. 4 months later, I was a grad. I have moved on to complete another two Associates, since that time, and am scheduling my Capstone for my B.A.L.S. from TESU for the FALL.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

(08-15-2018, 09:35 AM)cookderosa Wrote: Also,  if you finish your AA degrees before your BOG degree, you'll be ineligible.

I graduate with my first associates later this month. I was able to get a transcript to this a few weeks ago from that community college.Will they know that I've graduated and deem me ineligible, or will I be alright because my transcript doesn't show that I've graduated yet?
your school likely will report your graduation to the National Student Clearinghouse and if so you'll be ineligible. But not all schools report in or check.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(08-15-2018, 02:00 PM)jsd Wrote: your school likely will report your graduation to the National Student Clearinghouse and if so you'll be ineligible. But not all schools report in or check.

Like Pierpont, apparently.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(08-15-2018, 02:15 PM)Tedium Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 02:00 PM)jsd Wrote: your school likely will report your graduation to the National Student Clearinghouse and if so you'll be ineligible. But not all schools report in or check.

Like Pierpont, apparently.

Pierpont isn't in the Clearinghouse, I just looked them up.
But, let your conscience be your guide lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another Pierpont experience CenterSquarEd 13 1,741 1 hour ago
Last Post: williamthomas
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 284 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 148 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 529 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 927 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 737 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 795 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 796 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 690 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,093 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM