Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS — Area of Emphasis
I wasn't paying much attention to the Pierpont discussion due to a dearth of RA credits, but happened to look at one of the more recent threads and if only one graded RA credit is required — I'm in! My question is whether I would qualify for an Information Systems area of emphasis given the assortment of credits posted below. My Google IT Support certificate was completed before it got ACE approval, although it does show up in my Credly. The two TEEX classes do not show up in my Credly. Assuming this leaves me short of the necessary credits for the area of emphasis, is it worth trying to chase down additional credits or just get the degree? Thank you for any input! 

ASU

Intro to Solar System Astronomy

SOPHIA
Intro to Web Development
Visual Communications
Intro to Sociology
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Statistics
Art History I
Art History II
US History I
US History II
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Project Management

STUDY.COM
Public Speaking
Digital Marketing & Advertising
Information Sys & Computer Apps
Earth Science
Human & Cultural Geography
Personal Finance

STRAIGHTERLINE
Intro to Criminal Justice
American Government

COURSERA
Google IT Support Certificate

TEEX
Cybersecurity for Everyone
Cybersecurity for IT Professionals
@inapickle, you're in a good situation, you're continuing forward, but... without the ACE recommendation you'll be hard pressed to get any credits when transferring into Pierpont or UMPI.  My suggestion is two fold,  Pierpont BOG AAS and then ladder up to the UMPI BLS MIS minor.  Two Steps Process:  1) Email Coursera to see if you can get credit by redoing/updating the course on your account so you can complete the ACE recommendation portion that may be missing...

2) Invest in a second monitor for multi-tasking and then continue to work on these non-proctored credits from Sophia.org and Coursera/TADA
Work on Sophia.org credits towards the UMPI max transfer (Spanish I and other courses).  Also Coursera/TADA courses that have ACE recommendation for credit.  Transfer these to Pierpont towards the BOG AAS, you can get the Info System or anything else, it really won't matter which emphasis.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MidtownNYC
If you used TADA to get the IBM Cybersecurity certificate, I think that would count towards the Info Systems AoE if, for some reason, you can't get the Google IT certificate to be worth ACE credits.

At Sophia, I would take Intro to IT, IT Career Exploration, and Intro to Web Design. That is 7 credits. Plus the 10 of the IBM cert or the 12 of the Google cert should be more than enough for you to get the info systems AoE.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@inapickle - My suggestion for you is exactly the same as here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376624

(09-03-2022, 05:11 PM)inapickle Wrote: I wasn't paying much attention to the Pierpont discussion due to a dearth of RA credits, but happened to look at one of the more recent threads and if only one graded RA credit is required — I'm in! My question is whether I would qualify for an Information Systems area of emphasis given the assortment of credits posted below. My Google IT Support certificate was completed before it got ACE approval, although it does show up in my Credly. The two TEEX classes do not show up in my Credly. Assuming this leaves me short of the necessary credits for the area of emphasis, is it worth trying to chase down additional credits or just get the degree? Thank you for any input! 

ASU

Intro to Solar System Astronomy

SOPHIA
Intro to Web Development
Visual Communications
Intro to Sociology
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Statistics
Art History I
Art History II
US History I
US History II
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Project Management

STUDY.COM
Public Speaking
Digital Marketing & Advertising
Information Sys & Computer Apps
Earth Science
Human & Cultural Geography
Personal Finance

STRAIGHTERLINE
Intro to Criminal Justice
American Government

COURSERA
Google IT Support Certificate

TEEX
Cybersecurity for Everyone
Cybersecurity for IT Professionals

For the Google IT cert - What date did you complete it? And then, if that's not covered by ACE, I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't just go take the it again?  I would.  And if you signed up for TADA, you could get it and other certs for free.

Other than that, you have more than enough credits to get the degree, so you should go ahead and do it - can't hurt.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
On Coursera, you can't JUST "retake" certificates that you've already taken. You have to contact support about resetting it. There is an article about it in their help site. https://www.coursera.support/s/article/l...n_US#badge It's not something you can do yourself and I don't know how helpful Coursera support is about doing this.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-05-2022, 03:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote: On Coursera, you can't JUST "retake" certificates that you've already taken. You have to contact support about resetting it. There is an article about it in their help site. https://www.coursera.support/s/article/l...n_US#badge It's not something you can do yourself and I don't know how helpful Coursera support is about doing this.

Right from your link: "If you aren’t eligible due to the completion date, we can offer you the opportunity to retake the assessment portions of the course to meet the program requirements for the ACE recommendation."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@inapickle, if you have completed the requirements for the Pierpont BOG AAS, I would just apply and graduate, there's no need to chase other credits.  Having said that, if you're missing some credits, you'll have to make sure to get the credits first then graduate.  

Continuing onwards toward UMPI BLS is a great option for you, as you can ladder the AAS into the degree requirements... as again, email Coursera first to get the Google IT certificate "assessment portion redone" if needed and other certs with TADA.

Thank you for the good advice. I was able to get my Google IT Support badge reissued after retaking all the quizzes. With that done, I just applied to Pierpont.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inapickle's post:
  • raekwon
(10-10-2022, 04:21 AM)inapickle Wrote: Thank you for the good advice. I was able to get my Google IT Support badge reissued after retaking all the quizzes. With that done, I just applied to Pierpont.

If you can make the Dec graduation work with Nancy the director to push forward.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Degree Planning Advice - Pierpont to UMPI or WGU ElBert 11 673 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,408 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Rainbow Am I On Track? Pierpont to UMPI Princ3OfCrim3 2 427 12-15-2023, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Princ3OfCrim3
  Degree Advice - Pierpont, UMPI, WGU? Darknigh7 14 968 12-10-2023, 12:30 PM
  Pierpont/UMPI degree plan/course fulfillment help vesparza15 6 595 10-06-2023, 06:52 PM
  degree plan for Pierpont to UMPI for BABA or BAS any4yeardegree 5 629 09-13-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: any4yeardegree
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree MidtownNYC 2 440 09-04-2023, 10:56 AM
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree? adaggiote 2 457 08-12-2023, 10:44 AM
  An Update: Pierpont AAS BoG to WGU BSIT, looking for feedback/advice! Alec311 9 980 07-27-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Pierpont BOG AAS to UMPI BAS-MIS ToBeIT 19 3,552 07-02-2023, 06:00 PM