Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Sophia Course Equivalents?
Hi all,

Just found out about Pierpont BOG AAS (thanks to you all!) today. Is there anywhere I can look up which Sophia.org courses map to the required Pierpont courses so I can use that to build out my degree plan from Pierpont?

Thanks so much!

Josh
Follow this link to complete the Pierpont BOG AAS with the ASU 1 credit course for $25 and the bulk of your courses should be from Sophia.org/Saylor.org
Link 1: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC  Link 2: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nyjosh
These are the courses that transferred in for me (not listed on the wiki page).

Sophia:

Eng II = ENGL 1108

Intro to Stats = MTH 1210

Principles of Microeconomics = ECON 2202

Principles of Finance = FINC 2201 (Intro to Fin Mgmt)

The rest of the Sophia courses not listed on this post and on the wiki transfers as electives.

These are in case you also want to take courses from Study.com:

Intro to Programming = Computer Literacy

Advanced Technical Writing = ENGL 1109

Principles of Mgmt = MGMT 2209

Principles of MKT = MKTG 2204

Am Gov = POL 1101
Pierpont BOG AAS Information Systems 2022 
TESU BA Music 2023

Obtained tons of credit from Sophia, Study.com, InstantCert Credit, TEEX, CLEP,  UExcel, Straighterline, CSMLearn, Coopersmith, Coursera, and CC
[-] The following 1 user Likes eminor7's post:
  • nyjosh
One thing to note about Pierpont is that they will (so far as we can tell) accept any ACE credit. It may only come in as a generic elective, but it'll still count toward the 60 credits needed for graduation.

For Pierpont, you can get 12 (or more) credits for free by using The American Dream Academy to complete specific certificates on Coursera. See this wiki page here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera With your prior experience, you can probably complete the Google IT Professional Certificate in a matter of a couple of days (the videos are optional, unless you need to watch them for knowledge). The IBM Cybersecurity Professional Certificate should be another 10 credits at Pierpont. I'm not sure how long the IBM cert would take, but that plus the Google one would be 37% of your degree done right there!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nyjosh
(07-25-2022, 01:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: With your prior experience, you can probably complete the Google IT Professional Certificate in a matter of a couple of days (the videos are optional, unless you need to watch them for knowledge). The IBM Cybersecurity Professional Certificate should be another 10 credits at Pierpont. I'm not sure how long the IBM cert would take, but that plus the Google one would be 37% of your degree done right there!

The videos for the Google Career Certificates are also available on YouTube, so you don't need to be subscribed on Coursera to watch them: https://www.youtube.com/c/GoogleCareerCe.../playlists
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 2 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • nyjosh, rachel83az
(07-25-2022, 01:35 AM)rachel83az Wrote: One thing to note about Pierpont is that they will (so far as we can tell) accept any ACE credit. It may only come in as a generic elective, but it'll still count toward the 60 credits needed for graduation.

For Pierpont, you can get 12 (or more) credits for free by using The American Dream Academy to complete specific certificates on Coursera. See this wiki page here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera With your prior experience, you can probably complete the Google IT Professional Certificate in a matter of a couple of days (the videos are optional, unless you need to watch them for knowledge). The IBM Cybersecurity Professional Certificate should be another 10 credits at Pierpont. I'm not sure how long the IBM cert would take, but that plus the Google one would be 37% of your degree done right there!

Thank you so much for this info! I’m working on the google IT professional course now. I just checked out the IBM Cybersecurity course you mentioned and I’ll do that next (I would have never known about that if you didn’t mention it! Thank you!).

Do you know how I go about getting the ACE credits for the course? Is it simply sending the certs to Pierpont when the time comes?

Also, do you know what the benefit of The American Dream Academy is vs. just going directly through Coursera? Also, I just read this on their website. Do you think that means the credits max out at 12? “ Learners who complete any of these certificates are eligible to earn up to 12 college credits— the equivalent of four college courses at the bachelor's degree level.‘

Thanks so much, again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyjosh's post:
  • christinadq
(07-27-2022, 11:26 PM)nyjosh Wrote: Do you know how I go about getting the ACE credits for the course? Is it simply sending the certs to Pierpont when the time comes?
When you're done with the certificates that have been ACE recommended, there will be information on how to claim your Credly badge. This badge carries information about the certificate being worth credits. You will then eventually send a Credly transcript to Pierpont for evaluation.

Quote:Also, do you know what the benefit of The American Dream Academy is vs. just going directly through Coursera?
Without TADA (I wonder if that acronym was on purpose?), Coursera certificates cost anywhere between $39 and $79/mo. to pursue. Through TADA, the certificates that they have available are free. Many certificates can be done in a month or less of concentrated study by a dedicated/experienced student, which makes them a cheap way to get credit, if they can't use TADA. Some people have even been able to complete some of the certificates during the free trial period. But it's much less stressful if you're able to get at least some of them completely paid for by TADA!

Quote:Also, I just read this on their website. Do you think that means the credits max out at 12? “ Learners who complete any of these certificates are eligible to earn up to 12 college credits— the equivalent of four college courses at the bachelor's degree level.‘
I'm told that you have 6 months to complete as many certificates as you want/are able to. Each individual certificate is worth up to 12 credits. You can see how many credits each certificate has been recommended for on the wiki page.

You are supposed to complete 2 workplace skills certificates (non-credit) and at least one career certificate (can be worth credit). I'm not sure if there is any penalty for not completing the workplace skills certs, but they're probably pretty quick and easy. If you complete every certificate offered by TADA that is ACE-recommended for credits, that should be about 55 credits at Pierpont.

But it might be significantly less at another school. TESU, for instance, only gives 30 credits for the Google certs, even though those alone are recommended for 43 credits. UMPI ought to give full credit for all certificates, but a lot of the credits would go to electives and not to degree requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • nyjosh, origamishuttle
Hi all! Happy to report I'm on my way. I completed the Google IT certificate and have started Sophia courses.

I'm planning on taking the ASU 1 credit course for $25 (CIS-194) but have a question. Will I need to do the transcript for $400 in order to transfer the credit to Pierpont or do they somehow give me credit for it without the transcript?

Thanks again. I'm REALLY excited to finally be making this happen!
nyjosh Wrote:Hi all! Happy to report I'm on my way. I completed the Google IT certificate and have started Sophia courses.

I'm planning on taking the ASU 1 credit course for $25 (CIS-194) but have a question. Will I need to do the transcript for $400 in order to transfer the credit to Pierpont or do they somehow give me credit for it without the transcript?

Yes, you have to get a transcript to Pierpont from ASU, they use the Parchment service and it's $15 for the fee not $400.  
Here's a recent thread with the info, you're getting closer to that goal...  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...script-Fee?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nyjosh
(08-06-2022, 11:20 PM)nyjosh Wrote: Hi all! Happy to report I'm on my way. I completed the Google IT certificate and have started Sophia courses.

The first course of the Google cert via ASU (CIS-194a) is only $25, they don't charge the $400 transcription fee for it. Once you're done with the course and it's on your ASU transcript, you'll send an official transcript from ASU to Pierpont.
[-] The following 2 users Like dbinghamjr's post:
  • nyjosh, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 470 Yesterday, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 142 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 891 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 679 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Sophia's "Advisor of the Year" (Nominate Nancy Parks) Ariadne 10 437 04-07-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 780 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 756 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 672 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,041 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,732 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares