Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS 2020
(07-15-2020, 08:43 PM)ajlm1984 Wrote: Anyone knows is this is applicable for international students?

I don't know that anyone from outside the US has gotten this yet. That doesn't mean it's impossible, just that I don't know of anyone who has even tried.
(04-22-2020, 08:58 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: My son completed the BOG AAS at Pierpont in December.  They do require 12 credits from a regionally accredited school, but he only took a 1 credit hour online class through them.  He wanted to take a 3 hour class, but it was so expensive, he decided to just take the 1 hr class in order to meet the requirement for the transcripts.  

He is very glad to have the degree, but please know the process was painful.  Nancy Parks was the only one who communicated with him and she is no longer in the job.  Mr. Beighley sent him his degree evaluation, but answered none of his other questions.  So, keep asking questions to whoever will answer you to get the information you need.  

Do NOT wait on them to contact, you.  Contact admissions if you don't hear anything.  He applied in July and it took him 2-3 months to be admitted officially and was only admitted in time to take an 8 week class because he kept asking about it.

Good luck with the process!

Dr Parks is back in the role as the program coordinator.  I concur with your assessment of Dr Parks vs. Deah Beighley's communication.  Also, Skye in the registrar's office is a gem.

All of my credits were accepted and I was given the option of having the degree conferred in August (no transcript though) or taking a one credit course with a December graduation.

Not a terribly bad program to be honest.
[-] The following 2 users Like BrianFallon's post:
  • ctcarl, miah
(07-17-2020, 10:35 AM)BrianFallon Wrote: Dr Parks is back in the role as the program coordinator.  I concur with your assessment of Dr Parks vs. Deah Beighley's communication.  Also, Skye in the registrar's office is a gem.

All of my credits were accepted and I was given the option of having the degree conferred in August (no transcript though) or taking a one credit course with a December graduation.

Did they charge you a $300 transcript fee or just the fee for the course? I'm still half considering this route in case my bachelor's degree takes longer than anticipated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BrianFallon
(07-17-2020, 10:35 AM)BrianFallon Wrote: Dr Parks is back in the role as the program coordinator.  I concur with your assessment of Dr Parks vs. Deah Beighley's communication.  Also, Skye in the registrar's office is a gem.

Great info, Brian.

I understand if you have other things on your plate at the moment, but if you wouldn't mind, at some point, would you be willing to share any online course equivalencies you may have found with your AAS, particularly for gen eds? I've been looking over the requirements, and it's not very clear. For example, they don't seem to accept any science courses without labs.

Thanks!
Hey guys, anyone knows what is this degree and where can i use it? I check this forum everyday, already enrolled in a college. I will create a topic after complete it. Thank you!
(07-19-2020, 06:39 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hey guys, anyone knows what is this degree and where can i use it? I check this forum everyday, already enrolled in a college. I will create a topic after complete it. Thank you!

If you are working for or you want to work for an employer that requires you to have "a degree" but it doesn't matter what kind of degree, that would be where you use this. It can also be great motivation towards finishing your bachelor's degree. But, for most people, it's honestly not going to be that useful of a degree. It's a non-specific degree from a college that isn't very well known. The biggest thing it has going for it is its low price tag.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • miah
(07-15-2020, 08:43 PM)ajlm1984 Wrote: Anyone knows is this is applicable for international students?

I asked today. And nope we can not apply. 

Here what they said today:

"Hello, I need to make first you are a US citizen or have “green card” status. Our college is unable to admit international students. 

I look forward to hearing from you. "
(07-19-2020, 12:36 PM)mgmar22 Wrote:

Have you asked specifically about BOG AAS program, rather than the general rule? Have you told them you don't need a visa?
(07-19-2020, 01:17 PM)unfilteredsoul Wrote:

Have you asked specifically about BOG AAS program, rather than the general rule? Have you told them you don't need a visa?
Yes, i have asked specifically about BOG AAS program. I did not tell about "don't need a visa or etc." but don't think that will change smth though. 

Also they replied with this e-mail:
"This degree is offered at all community colleges in West Virginia. I'd encourage you to contact one of them. Blue Ridge CTC may be able to accept international students; however, all other community colleges do have a minimum residency requirement for the institution, so you would be required to complete a minimum of credits at that institution in order to earn a degree from there.

Best of luck to you! I wish you well."
(07-19-2020, 05:40 PM)mgmar22 Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 01:17 PM)unfilteredsoul Wrote:

Yes, i have asked specifically about BOG AAS program. I did not tell about "don't need a visa or etc." but don't think that will change smth though. 

Also they replied with this e-mail:
"This degree is offered at all community colleges in West Virginia. I'd encourage you to contact one of them. Blue Ridge CTC may be able to accept international students; however, all other community colleges do have a minimum residency requirement for the institution, so you would be required to complete a minimum of credits at that institution in order to earn a degree from there.

Best of luck to you! I wish you well."

Pierpont seems to be the only WV school that doesn't ask for a 3 credit residency requirement for now. BOG Handbook says it's up to the school and may be waived (also up to the school).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 364 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 162 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 355 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 548 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 547 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 821 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,467 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,210 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 881 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,226 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM