Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS 2020
(07-17-2020, 01:46 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 10:35 AM)BrianFallon Wrote: Dr Parks is back in the role as the program coordinator.  I concur with your assessment of Dr Parks vs. Deah Beighley's communication.  Also, Skye in the registrar's office is a gem.

All of my credits were accepted and I was given the option of having the degree conferred in August (no transcript though) or taking a one credit course with a December graduation.

Not a terribly bad program to be honest.

Great info, Brian.

I understand if you have other things on your plate at the moment, but if you wouldn't mind, at some point, would you be willing to share any online course equivalencies you may have found with your AAS, particularly for gen eds?  I've been looking over the requirements, and it's not very clear.  For example, they don't seem to accept any science courses without labs.

Thanks!
 I emailed Dr. Parks directly with an Excel spreadsheet (my TESU degree plan minus the TESU information) and she was kind enough to give a verbal - you met the requirements but send the official transcripts.

They took all of my ACE credits - all of the Sophia (granted I did not take developmentals), The Institute Ethics, and CSMLearn course.

Skye in the registrar's office is a godsend, Dr. Parks is great.  

They are very accessible - just reach out to them.

(07-17-2020, 10:43 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 10:35 AM)BrianFallon Wrote: Dr Parks is back in the role as the program coordinator.  I concur with your assessment of Dr Parks vs. Deah Beighley's communication.  Also, Skye in the registrar's office is a gem.

All of my credits were accepted and I was given the option of having the degree conferred in August (no transcript though) or taking a one credit course with a December graduation.

Not a terribly bad program to be honest.

Did they charge you a $300 transcript fee or just the fee for the course? I'm still half considering this route in case my bachelor's degree takes longer than anticipated.

$325.00 for the one credit class.  It was divided up between a new student fee and a technology fee. But that appears to be all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • miah
(07-30-2020, 01:25 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: $325.00 for the one credit class.  It was divided up between a new student fee and a technology fee. But that appears to be all.

Only $325? The cost per credit for a WV resident is supposed to be $212 and for non-residents $502. I wonder if they'll charge you the per-credit fee later...
(07-30-2020, 01:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 01:25 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: $325.00 for the one credit class.  It was divided up between a new student fee and a technology fee. But that appears to be all.

Only $325? The cost per credit for a WV resident is supposed to be $212 and for non-residents $502. I wonder if they'll charge you the per-credit fee later...

The $502 appears to be a *max* fee based on the campus.  I'll keep you updated if I get billed for more though.
[-] The following 2 users Like BrianFallon's post:
  • miah, rachel83az
Why do they ask Immunization Record — Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR)
(if born after January 1, 1957)
------------------

(07-30-2020, 04:20 PM)akr680 Wrote: Why do they ask Immunization Record — Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR)
(if born after January 1, 1957)

I was not asked for any health records.  They did not ask for proof of high school registration either.  The admissions person said with so much college credit and my age (mid 40s) they would just assume I graduated and was immunized.

Just call them or email - they are very easy to work with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • miah
Hmm, bringing in only 12 RA credits at the cheapest community college, transferring in the rest through ACE, and the $325/1 credit course for the BOG AAS might just be the ticket for some people who are looking to finish an Associates. The closest would be the 'free associate' options from tuition assistance/reimbursements or working at companies that have unions... or for those who don't have tuition reimbursements nor work with companies that have a union, COSC might be the ticket.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
"I've been looking over the requirements, and it's not very clear. For example, they don't seem to accept any science courses without labs."

Was this mentioned at all? Or did you already have labs done?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(07-31-2020, 12:47 PM)TwinMom Wrote: "I've been looking over the requirements, and it's not very clear.  For example, they don't seem to accept any science courses without labs."

Was this mentioned at all?  Or did you already have labs done?

I transferred in a B&M class on Body Structure and Function (3 credit hours/non lab) and Sophia College Algebra to meet the BOG Mathematics/Science requirement for 6 SH in those areas.

The catalog description of Body Structure from the local community college where I took it (in 2008) gave this description:
BIOG 115, BODY STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION 3 (3)

Basic introduction to the structure and function of the human body systems. A course intended primarily for Health and Wellness certificate program students or as a preliminary course to prepare for Anatomy and Physiology I and II. Natural Science Core Course.
(07-30-2020, 05:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, bringing in only 12 RA credits at the cheapest community college, transferring in the rest through ACE, and the $325/1 credit course for the BOG AAS might just be the ticket for some people who are looking to finish an Associates.  The closest would be the 'free associate' options from tuition assistance/reimbursements or working at companies that have unions... or for those who don't have tuition reimbursements nor work with companies that have a union, COSC might be the ticket.

Thanks for chiming in, BJ.

As you know, I'm helping a familiy member with an AA/AAS program, and focusing on Pierpont because of the lack of cornerstone/capstone.

We do have access to a Union benefit, though.  How would you say Pierpont compares to a Union AA program like Eastern Gateway?  I'm concerned mostly with being able to test out and make use of Sophia and other self-paced courses where possible.
@ctcarl, it's going to be a hard decision to decide which would be the best or most viable option for your family member. There are a few things I would do to see which would be better. What you might want to do is compare the requirements and see if your family member can work on the requirements that apply to all three offerings.

You need to compile a spreadsheet or a table and see what the requirements are, transfer options, test out options and costs, etc, find the one that suits you and the person looking to finish an Associates. I would recommend going for the community college option first as you should have a significant discount on the tuition, furthermore, the cornerstone course is a simple "college readiness/success" course, so don't worry about it too much.

I would then flip the coin between the BOG AAS and COSC AA/AS, both of them again, have a cornerstone which is pretty much the college readiness/success courses you will see at most community colleges. It's not too much of an issue to just complete that course. Take your time to get RA credits slowly and transfer the max into the degree you select.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 474 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 155 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 891 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 681 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 781 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 759 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 673 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,042 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,737 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,375 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP