Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts)
How many area of emphasis can you have on this AAS Degree?

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(12-29-2020, 02:35 PM)gams007 Wrote: How many area of emphasis can you have on this AAS Degree?

Your AAS can only have a single area of emphasis.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Just an FYI for those who don't know already, the BOG AAS is only available to US Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Further to that, they require 12 RA credits, you can transfer in the remainder through ACE/CLEP sources. Thanks,
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-29-2020, 03:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just an FYI for those who don't know already, the BOG AAS is only available to US Citizens and Permanent Residents.  
Further to that, they require 12 RA credits, you can transfer in the remainder through ACE/CLEP sources.  Thanks,

Just curious, do you know how much they accept from ALEKS?   I took Intermediate and Beginning Algebra both with them when they got ACE credit for those classes.   I also have College Algebra and Trigonometry from ALEKS.   Just curious how much credit I may get from them on the ALEKS classes.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
(12-29-2020, 10:05 PM)NC Coach Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 03:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just an FYI for those who don't know already, the BOG AAS is only available to US Citizens and Permanent Residents.  
Further to that, they require 12 RA credits, you can transfer in the remainder through ACE/CLEP sources.  Thanks,

Just curious, do you know how much they accept from ALEKS?   I took Intermediate and Beginning Algebra both with them when they got ACE credit for those classes.   I also have College Algebra and Trigonometry from ALEKS.   Just curious how much credit I may get from them on the ALEKS classes.

I took those and did the BOG AAS through WVNCC a few years ago, they brought in ALEKS Beginning Algebra as Developmental, but Intermediate Algebra worked in the degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • NC Coach
(12-29-2020, 10:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:05 PM)NC Coach Wrote:

I took those and did the BOG AAS through WVNCC a few years ago, they brought in ALEKS Beginning Algebra as Developmental, but Intermediate Algebra worked in the degree.

Thank you for that info.  That is great to know!   Big Grin
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
Minor update: still waiting for my diploma to arrive. Their graduation page says that it will be mailed by Jan. 31st but I am still feeling a bit antsy considering the others here who have already received the diploma in the mail. https://www.pierpont.edu/graduation
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-19-2021, 10:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Minor update: still waiting for my diploma to arrive. Their graduation page says that it will be mailed by Jan. 31st but I am still feeling a bit antsy considering the others here who have already received the diploma in the mail. https://www.pierpont.edu/graduation

Any more info??

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(01-26-2021, 12:40 PM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 10:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Minor update: still waiting for my diploma to arrive. Their graduation page says that it will be mailed by Jan. 31st but I am still feeling a bit antsy considering the others here who have already received the diploma in the mail. https://www.pierpont.edu/graduation

Any more info??

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Still waiting. I'll give them until the end of the first week of February and then email.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BrianFallon
I submitted my application for graduation, and will be getting my diploma in May. I'm very happy I was able to do this because this allowed me to get into a BAS degree with UMPI because it required getting an AAS.

Also my AOE with Pierpont is science.
Pierpont AAS BOG - Graduated 5/7/21
UMPI BAS minor in management- Graduated 6/1/2021
WGU MSML- Starting 7/1/21
[-] The following 2 users Like adegree4me's post:
  • rachel83az, StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 82 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 865 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 659 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 770 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 738 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 301 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 665 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,017 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,711 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,358 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP