Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts)
(08-27-2020, 07:43 PM)echo64 Wrote: What's the address or e-mail you are sending your transcripts to?

A later post from OP said to send the transcripts to admit@pierpont.edu, so that's where I've sent them. With ASU, it's easy. ASU uses Parchment and all you have to do is say "This is going to Pierpont" and they send it to Pierpont. You don't even need to know the email address. With ACE, obviously, you need an email address even though they have Pierpont in their database. It's just too bad that they don't accept Sophia directly from Parchment as well because it is so much easier and nicer to send transcripts with Parchment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • DeanLewis
(08-28-2020, 03:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 07:43 PM)echo64 Wrote: What's the address or e-mail you are sending your transcripts to?

A later post from OP said to send the transcripts to admit@pierpont.edu, so that's where I've sent them. With ASU, it's easy. ASU uses Parchment and all you have to do is say "This is going to Pierpont" and they send it to Pierpont. You don't even need to know the email address. With ACE, obviously, you need an email address even though they have Pierpont in their database. It's just too bad that they don't accept Sophia directly from Parchment as well because it is so much easier and nicer to send transcripts with Parchment.

Awesome thank you for the e-mail address.

Also heads up, if anybody is interested in taking that 1 hour self-paced career exploration course for a transcript Pierpont changed their e-learning fee's:

We would also like you to be aware that the E-Learning Fee will no longer be effective

beginning with the Fall 2020 Term. It will be replaced with a $180 Per Semester Technology Fee
paid by all students and thereby reducing the costs of taking online courses for many students.

Pushes up a 1 hour credit class to an easy $800 or so.
(08-26-2020, 02:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would think that Sophia's Intro to IT course should work as a computer literacy course. It wouldn't hurt to (also) do the free TEEX courses since they are, well, free.

Yes, it does (it's what I used, CLEP was not accepted for this requirement). But it must be submitted on an ACE transcript.
So I've been speaking to Nancy Sparks regarding my sister getting her BOG AAS and she had this to say over an e-mail:

I was absent from the program for a semester or so, but am now coordinating the program again.

Please send any transcripts to esprocessing@pierpont.edu

That's where she told me to send any transcripts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes echo64's post:
  • jch
Hmm, I had someone ask me, is the BOG AAS available for international students? I don't recall, so I'm posting here.
Anyone recall where it indicates a yes or no for international students? I'll check their website but asking in case.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-02-2020, 07:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, I had someone ask me, is the BOG AAS available for international students?  I don't recall, so I'm posting here.  
Anyone recall where it indicates a yes or no for international students?  I'll check their website but asking in case.
I believe it’s open only for US Citizens and Permanent residents.   It’s from personal experience because I had to submit my passport copy.
(08-17-2020, 05:32 PM)DeanLewis Wrote: So I have been fascinated by the Pierpont BOG AAS program for some time, and despite having a couple of degrees already (undergraduate and graduate) I decided to engage the process because I had some unassigned ACE credit that I wanted to get transcripted somewhere. 

To make a long story short, the degree is notoriously difficult to traverse from afar (simply because of communication and follow up issues inside the institution), but other than that, so long as you are two years out of high school, and have twelve conventional (graded) college credits, you can apply 48 ACE recommended credits (including CLEP, Sophia, Straighterline, SDC etc) to the degree with NO residency requirement or graduation fees. Also, if you have 15 credit hours in a specific discipline, you can apply for an "Area of Emphasis," otherwise "General Studies" will be noted (and it does seem like it needs to be the SAME discipline with the same course designations i.e. PSYG XXXX). 

Previously the school was having issues generating transcripts (not diplomas) for students with no earned credit at the institution, however, that has now been overcome. I was able to navigate the process, earn the degree, and receive a transcript, based only on transfer credit. While there are notes concerning the program in the annals and fine print of some of the school's material about it needing to be a first degree, it seems that so long as the student does not attempt to transfer credit from a finished degree program, it doesn't trigger a problem (or NSC review), or perhaps it's just not enforced. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3211]

This is interesting, so when they ask for the list of all past colleges on the application, you simply don't include them all?

Going forward, are you still able to add transfer credits to be transcripted? In other words, can you just use them as a free credit bank indefinitely? Why are they doing this?  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjguitar85's post:
  • samiam
For anyone thinking about getting this degree, there are a few things to note:

Pierpont sends you a paper letter. Due to current circumstances, this takes forever. I applied on the 18th of September. It looks like my account was created on the 24th of August. I did not receive a paper letter until the 4th of August and was unable to obtain the letter until today due to the holiday (Labor Day) weekend. I don't fault Pierpont for this at all but actually receiving the letter definitely clears up a few things.

When you first sign in (per instructions in the paper letter), it will ask you to set up account security things. All well and good. The questions are horrible (as usual) but the confusing part is the email verification. If you are using Gmail (and possibly others, I don't know?) you will never get the verification email. But you can skip this step by leaving the box blank and clicking directly on phone verification. Since you cannot verify by email you absolutely must (IMO) add the "optional" phone number so that you'll be able to access your account in the future if it is needed. 

The letter will mention a BOG application. This can be found in your Pierpont email. I don't know why you have to fill it out because all this stuff has already been filled out during the online application process but there we go.
[-] The following 5 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • alfredor, echo64, GizmoJack, jch, samiam
So for people who sent in an ACE transcript do you remember how long it took for them to show up in ROAR on the unofficial transcripts page?
(09-15-2020, 06:19 AM)echo64 Wrote: So for people who sent in an ACE transcript do you remember how long it took for them to show up in ROAR on the unofficial transcripts page?

You can look at your transcript status on the ACE portal to verify when it was retrieved and by whom. That said, I found no consistency between when a transcript was received versus when it was evaluated and posted at PTCC. If its longer than three weeks or so, I would contact the registrar's office though. I had to do that a couple of time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeanLewis's post:
  • hsfamfun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 388 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 168 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 365 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 550 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 549 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 823 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,473 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,213 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 884 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,229 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM