Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS and IT certifications
(12-26-2021, 05:25 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-26-2021, 05:17 PM)raekwon Wrote: Divinity school?!

If you're serious about this, you might want to check out NationsU. They're NA, not RA, and you have to find your own proctor, but they're $450 per quarter for students who live in the US. The first quarter is free. https://nationsu.edu/tuition-policy/

Serious, but that's probably the least likely (for now) for my first graduate degree. Ten years ago, I was much more on that path, probably toward vocational ministry. Now, a seminary degree would be more for my personal edification and to help me serve a church better as a layman, while I continue other employment in IT or otherwise. Thank you for the link, though!
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
Yeah, I figured that such a degree would probably be for your own personal use. Hence the suggestion of NationsU. Why spend a bunch of money on what is, essentially, a hobby degree? $150/mo. isn't bad, IMO.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
When I contacted ACE regarding one of the TEEX

sorry about the previous incomplete post:  I was trying to say that when I contacted ACE regarding one of the TEEX courses (and gave them the information I had received from TEEX), they strongly cautioned me regarding taking a TEEX course at this time.  ACE said there has not been an extension given for TEEX.  ALSO, although it would cost money to transcribe the credits from XAMK ($200) it still sounds like a really good deal for an Associate's degree:  I am very curious to know if anyone has successfully transferred XAMK credits to Pierpont?
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • raekwon
I strongly recommend completing all the Sophia courses that will transfer. If done as quickly as possible, there is simply no better value in alt credit. According to the Sophia transfer agreement all three "foundations" courses will transfer to the College of IT, so the only course that shouldn't be taken from Sophia is English Comp 2. Aside from those, I would recommend Communication at Work over Public Speaking, then any Intro to Geography course that looks interesting and doesn't have any touchstone. Good options are Micro/Macroeconomics or US History 1/2.
raekwon Wrote:Yeah, the only credits I have are nationally accredited, so it looks like I'm out of luck there.

List your credits by copy/pasting your NA transcripts if you have it handy in an email or pdf file. For BOG AAS, yes, you're out of luck for NA credits, but for your WGU BS, you're good to go! BTW, have you created that degree spreadsheet as recommend by myself and a few members on your previous thread?

raekwon Wrote:Thank you, this is very helpful. Not a bad idea to have an emphasis other than Info Systems. I'll have to see.

From what I've seen, WGU's BSCSIA will be the best option for my time/money budget and my interests, as far as undergrad goes. I'd strongly considered Purdue Global and SNHU as well, but WGU came out the winner. After that, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Grad school is in the back of my mind, but there are at least four vastly different routes I'm pondering taking if I even do that. (Continue with cybersecurity? MBA or MS in IT management? Education/teaching? Divinity school?!) I'm trying to only worry about getting this BOG AAS and then the BS from WGU for now.

I'm not sure yet which ONU courses or other exams I'll be taking. I'm still in the preliminary stages of planning this thing out, but I'm definitely trying to come up with a combination of courses and exams that'll serve me best with regard to covering degree requirements at both Pierpont and WGU, exactly like you said.

Yes, I recommend having a different emphasis for your BOG AAS, it'll be more useful and less redundant as your BS is already in Cycbersecurity and Info Assurance at WGU. Basically, you have the certs and experience, you're just needing the degrees...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-28-2021, 02:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
raekwon Wrote:Yeah, the only credits I have are nationally accredited, so it looks like I'm out of luck there.

List your credits by copy/pasting your NA transcripts if you have it handy in an email or pdf file.  For BOG AAS, yes, you're out of luck for NA credits, but for your WGU BS, you're good to go!  BTW, have you created that degree spreadsheet as recommend by myself and a few members on your previous thread?

I actually already sent my NA transcript to WGU and unfortunately nothing from there transferred over when they evaluated it. Most of the credits were from computer classes (WGU won't consider classes like that over 5 years old) and the only other one was a social sciences Gen Ed (Current Events) that has no equivalency in the BSCSIA path. Oh well.

I did start a spreadsheet for my WGU degree and I'm actually currently working on a similar one for Pierpont so I can plan out my courses and exams. Made another thread about that, in fact. lol
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
Where/where did you get your NA credits from? The more details, the better as we can try to help you further...

I recommend reviewing post #8, complete as many Sophia.org courses you can that is going towards your BOG AAS and the WGU BSCIA, just the general education credits will do for now, unless you are wanting to take more and as energetic/speedy as the person referenced in that post...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-28-2021, 03:16 PM)raekwon Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 02:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

List your credits by copy/pasting your NA transcripts if you have it handy in an email or pdf file.  For BOG AAS, yes, you're out of luck for NA credits, but for your WGU BS, you're good to go!  BTW, have you created that degree spreadsheet as recommend by myself and a few members on your previous thread?

I actually already sent my NA transcript to WGU and unfortunately nothing from there transferred over when they evaluated it. Most of the credits were from computer classes (WGU won't consider classes like that over 5 years old) and the only other one was a social sciences Gen Ed (Current Events) that has no equivalency in the BSCSIA path. Oh well.

I did start a spreadsheet for my WGU degree and I'm actually currently working on a similar one for Pierpont so I can plan out my courses and exams. Made another thread about that, in fact. lol

So it looks like the problem with the NA credits is not that WGU won't take them, but that they won't take your particular ones, because they're too old, or they won't fit into the degree plan.  Sounds about right.  You'd have the same problem at EC (they also take NA credits, but won't take computer courses more than 5 years old in the IT program).  They would take your SocSci course, but that wouldn't get your that far.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 477 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 158 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 892 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 687 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 781 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 759 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 673 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,044 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,737 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,375 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP