Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS area of emphasis criteria revealed!
(Mods, feel free to merge this into the main Pierpont thread, but I thought that this bit of info merited a new one.)

We still don't have a true list of areas of emphasis, but straight from the Pierpont registrar's office, here's the criteria for adding an area of emphasis to your BOG AAS degree...

Quote:an area of emphasis can be declared if the students meet the 15 or more credits in that area and if PCTC offers that subject code

Backstory: I told my wife--who finished about 3/4 of her Bachelor's degree before life got in the way--about the BOG AAS from Pierpont and she decided to give it a try. She already had 60+ RA credits, so all she really needed to do was apply and send in her transcript. She emailed and asked Nancy to let her know what areas of emphasis (if any) her credits qualified her for. The response was that she had a lot of music credits (she was a music education major before switching to early childhood education) but that it was unknown whether or not that could be added. Nancy looped in the registrar's office and the above quoted response is what was given.

And since Pierpont does indeed offer one music course, my wife will be receiving her BOG AAS with an emphasis in Music.

So now we know.
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
[-] The following 7 users Like raekwon's post:
  • carrythenothing, ISKBizz15, jch, jsd, rachel83az, ss20ts, Vle045
If you search Pierpont's list of courses here, you'll be able to see what options are available, there are about 7 pages worth from A to Z, if it's true, you can get any of the listed emphasis here: http://catalog.pierpont.edu/content.php?...navoid=202
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
This is kind of a big deal. I have ex-military technicians that need degrees. We hold certain subjects to be of greater need. Since they are mostly tech in nature this could make them more valuable on paper within our HR system. In general, the semiconductor industry is very degree heavy but there are expectations if you can meet the criteria. Technical focus areas will mean the difference in a promotion or lateral moves within my organization.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • katsiki
This is great! Thank you for the information. I'm sure it's going to be quite useful to future students who want/need a Pierpont degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hello all. Is it possible to have the Sophia Business courses count towards an Area of Emphasis in General Business or Business Administration?
(02-21-2022, 06:19 PM)jjgre3 Wrote: Hello all. Is it possible to have the Sophia Business courses count towards an Area of Emphasis in General Business or Business Administration?

Yes, that's what I've got.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(02-21-2022, 06:54 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 06:19 PM)jjgre3 Wrote: Hello all. Is it possible to have the Sophia Business courses count towards an Area of Emphasis in General Business or Business Administration?

Yes, that's what I've got.
Good to know. Does it say Business, General Business, or Business Administration in the transcript?
Yes, you should also be able to take Saylor courses if you want/need more business credits.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(02-21-2022, 06:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, you should also be able to take Saylor courses if you want/need more business credits.

Thanks. If for example one doesn't want to specify a particular AOE in the transcript, do you know if it can be requested to display something like "General Studies" ?
If you don't request an AoE, you'll just get a BOG AAS with no AoE specified. There is no General Studies AoE.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 291 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 151 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 535 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 936 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 739 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 795 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 802 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 692 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,102 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,764 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares