Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS area of emphasis criteria revealed!
(02-22-2022, 11:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you don't request an AoE, you'll just get a BOG AAS with no AoE specified. There is no General Studies AoE.

I will say that the first credit audit my wife received from Pierpont (before they realized they could add a music AoE) did actually say the exact phrase "General Studies" in the Area of Emphasis field, but I don't know if they'd actually put that on the transcript.
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
@jjgre3, I don't know why you would want a "general studies" degree emphasis. Basically a BOG AAS is an applied science associates degree, the emphasis is defaulted to "general studies" as there is no real major. An associates isn't really needed after you get a Bachelors degree with a major of your choice. I would opt for "any" other emphasis other than "general studies" that's mentioned in the link on my post #2, for the "business options", refer to that link.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There’s a lot on the list. Am I correct in assuming you can only chose one?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Insert Name Wrote:There’s a lot on the list. Am I correct in assuming you can only chose one?

Yup, that's the limitation for Associates, there really isn't an option for more than one emphasis or focus.

What if you have an associates somewhere else? I’m guessing it’s a no at Pierpont for that too?

Scenario I am talking about: Pierpont looks like they have a lot of options. If you pick up an AA/AS somewhere else, you could easily be in a situation that you have 15 credits in another AOS after Gen Ed’s and free electives are filled. Would be nice if you could pick up an AAS in that Emphasis through this.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Pierpont is only for a first degree. If you are close to a first degree from elsewhere, but haven't already graduated, you could technically apply to Pierpont and graduate from them first instead. But that'd be stretching things a bit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@Insert Name, what Rachel83Az said... There really isn't a need for an Associates when you're going for a Bachelors. Having said that, I usually recommend getting it on route to a Bachelors if you don't need to spend any extra energy, money, time on the Associates, such as getting one from TESU/UMPI, etc... you're going to need to decide if that secondary emphasis is worth it or not, if the associates is in the same subject as the Bachelors, it's redundant and not needed...

If you want to get an Associates at Pierpont, it's best to get an emphasis that you're interested in, say CIS/IT/IS. When you're at UMPI for example, you can add the AALS FREE and get a BAS with a Psychology Minor exclusively by using Study.com, you will need to add a second minor to make this work as you need 30 residency credits at minimum. That gives you two associates with some emphasis, in IT and Liberal Studies or another concentration/minor if you decide on that...

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Just confirmed psychology as an option. Nancy also said you cannot have more than one area listed on the transcript.
[-] The following 2 users Like IAMAMENACE's post:
  • suzycupcake, uncapentin
Just popping back in real quick to say that my wife's degree was awarded last night. Ordered a transcript for giggles and indeed it does have "Music" listed as her AoE. Diploma should arrive in about a month!
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
[-] The following 3 users Like raekwon's post:
  • P226mem, rachel83az, suzycupcake
(02-21-2022, 06:54 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 06:19 PM)jjgre3 Wrote: Hello all. Is it possible to have the Sophia Business courses count towards an Area of Emphasis in General Business or Business Administration?

Yes, that's what I've got.

Bumping this thread to ask:  Which Sophia Business courses count toward the Business Area of Emphasis?  Can a Business Area of Emphasis be earned 100% from Sophia?  Can any Area of Emphasis be earned 100% via Sophia?  Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • DolceDolce

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another Pierpont experience CenterSquarEd 13 1,746 2 hours ago
Last Post: williamthomas
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 284 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 148 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 529 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 927 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 737 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 795 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 796 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 691 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,094 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM