Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS area of emphasis criteria revealed!
(06-19-2022, 06:55 AM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 12:52 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: This worked fine for me: https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...it-support
I finished in less than a week, so it was free.

Hi there - I know nothing about Coursera - are these courses letter graded or pass/fail?

It'll be pass/fail on the ACE/Credly transcript. You need at least an 80% in each course on Coursera.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 2 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • origamishuttle, suzycupcake
(06-19-2022, 06:57 AM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 06:55 AM)suzycupcake Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 12:52 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: This worked fine for me: https://www.coursera.org/professional-ce...it-support
I finished in less than a week, so it was free.

Hi there - I know nothing about Coursera - are these courses letter graded or pass/fail?

It'll be pass/fail on the ACE/Credly transcript. You need at least an 80% in each course on Coursera.

Thanks a bunch - appreciate the quick reply!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • origamishuttle
Another follow-up: my wife's Pierpont diploma arrived yesterday. Interestingly enough, the diploma itself does not display her music Area of Emphasis. However, her Pierpont transcript does, so we really have no doubt as to its validity.

EDIT: okay apparently it was known here that the AoE isn't on the diploma. I assumed it would appear!
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
[-] The following 1 user Likes raekwon's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-31-2022, 01:10 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: The history avenue sounds super interesting, wonder if anyone has tried it? 

FWIW my AOE was "History".

Know I had a US History Before 1877, and an After 1877. That's 6 credits from an RA community college.

Got 6 Sophia credits from Art History 1 and 2. The other 3 credits were either Sophia's History 1 or Ancient Greek Philosophers..... don't quite recall.

So 6 RA history, and 9 Sophia history. Sounds right.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
I stumbled into a AA degree at my local college by taking courses related to a job change ( I have a habit of taking courses not aimed at a education goal ). The school discovered I had enough credits to get a AA and filed for one for me.

I would have selected a AS degree path if I was to decide on my own, considering I work in Tech. the AA is more of a laughing point then a degree where I am because I'm surrounded by BS and Ph. D's... I planned to attend UMPI to do a BABA but discovered they will route you to a BSBA is you already have a AS.

Is PierPoint an option for rerouting me to a AS from the unrequested AA?
The Pierpont degree is not an AS, it's an AAS. They're not the same thing. Also, a Pierpont degree is not permitted for students who already have a degree. If you already have an AA, Pierpont won't allow you to get their BOG AAS.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it, but with the credit you already have, you might be able to get the Snow College AS in a single semester: https://snow.edu/online/aol.html
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I just got word last week that the last ex-military Army medic will be appointed to the Health Sciences concentration. 15 CR or more and he had over 30 cr. This was important since I have a few more medics needing the same thing. Hopefully, I can get another into the Dec 12 window for graduation. 

FYI - The BOG program does have a foundation and accepts donations. I'm going to see if I can get them listed for donations from the company I work for.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(09-27-2022, 11:11 AM)uncoolbilly Wrote: I would have selected a AS degree path if I was to decide on my own, considering I work in Tech. the AA is more of a laughing point then a degree where I am because I'm surrounded by BS and Ph. D's... I planned to attend UMPI to do a BABA but discovered they will route you to a BSBA is you already have a AS.

Since they only list the BABA and not a BSBA, can you tell us what the difference is?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@Uncoolbilly, do you mean UMPI offers a Your Pace BSBA for those who have an AS to transfer in? That's new, previously those who had an AAS, and 40 technical credits could ladder up to a BAS... I really wonder what the new requirements are, since Business isn't really an art or science...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-27-2022, 08:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 11:11 AM)uncoolbilly Wrote: I would have selected a AS degree path if I was to decide on my own, considering I work in Tech. the AA is more of a laughing point then a degree where I am because I'm surrounded by BS and Ph. D's... I planned to attend UMPI to do a BABA but discovered they will route you to a BSBA is you already have a AS.

Since they only list the BABA and not a BSBA, can you tell us what the difference is?

I looked at their on-campus program as well - they don't list a BSBA as an option, although they do have a BBA.  Just took "art" and "science" out of the equation entirely.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 5 271 04-20-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 144 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 526 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 919 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 732 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 794 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 785 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 688 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,085 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,756 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares