Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS thread
Regarding WV BOGs in general, the CFWV page says "students must not hold a degree from an accredited institution nor be enrolled simultaneously in another degree program." 

Could any of you recent Pierpont graduates (with any previous degrees) tell me how you got around that policy -if it was even an obstacle?
This degree needs to be your first college degree. There is no workaround.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(07-15-2018, 11:04 PM)ron.1982 Wrote: Regarding WV BOGs in general, the CFWV page says "students must not hold a degree from an accredited institution nor be enrolled simultaneously in another degree program." 

Could any of you recent Pierpont graduates (with any previous degrees) tell me how you got around that policy -if it was even an obstacle?

Why would you even want a BOG AAS if you already had a degree?  There's no point to getting it.  It's generic, and is superseded by almost any other degree available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My son got an email this weekend from Nancy. It said something to the effect of that he should have been given the "additional paperwork" to fill out for students pursuing the BOG. Anyone know what that is? She said she'd send it on Monday (today) but I'm impatient.
(07-16-2018, 06:41 AM)cookderosa Wrote: My son got an email this weekend from Nancy. It said something to the effect of that he should have been given the "additional paperwork" to fill out for students pursuing the BOG. Anyone know what that is? She said she'd send it on Monday (today) but I'm impatient.
If I remember correctly, you stated that you guys had just done everything online and didn't email Nancy directly. I done everything through Nancy from the start. I had an application I had to print out, fill out, scan, then send back to her. I done the same with the application for graduation. Other than that, I didn't have any additional paperwork. Well I received a few random things in the regular mail talking about things like campus life and such but nothing that was worth keeping.
[-] The following 1 user Likes xjarhead1999's post:
  • cookderosa
(07-16-2018, 05:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 11:04 PM)ron.1982 Wrote: Regarding WV BOGs in general, the CFWV page says "students must not hold a degree from an accredited institution nor be enrolled simultaneously in another degree program." 

Why would you even want a BOG AAS if you already had a degree?  There's no point to getting it.  It's generic, and is superseded by almost any other degree available.

Because the Army keeps sending me to instruction-related courses at too many different institutes that don't mesh together. Pierpont's BOG would be the most convenient way to shove those credits together into a degree I'm expected to get while I'm an instructor. The Pierpont page says a degree will have an area of concentration if the student has at least 15 hours in the respective catalog code -mine would equate to an AAS in Adult Education if the page explains the program correctly. So there's why.

Short version: I want it. There is a point. It's not generic. I don't care if it's superseded by anything. It's about personal pride and checking those career-related blocks.

(07-15-2018, 11:37 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: This degree needs to be your first college degree. There is no workaround.

Thank you, I appreciate the info.
(07-16-2018, 02:31 PM)ron.1982 Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 05:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Could any of you recent Pierpont graduates (with any previous degrees) tell me how you got around that policy -if it was even an obstacle?

Why would you even want a BOG AAS if you already had a degree? There's no point to getting it. It's generic, and is superseded by almost any other degree available.

Because the Army keeps sending me to instruction-related courses at too many different institutes that don't mesh together. Pierpont's BOG would be the most convenient way to shove those credits together into a degree I'm expected to get while I'm an instructor. The Pierpont page says a degree will have an area of concentration if the student has at least 15 hours in the respective catalog code -mine would equate to an AAS in Adult Education if the page explains the program correctly. So there's why.

Short version: I want it. There is a point. It's not generic. I don't care if it's superseded by anything. It's about personal pride and checking those career-related blocks.

(07-15-2018, 11:37 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: This degree needs to be your first college degree. There is no workaround.

Thank you, I appreciate the info.

For the Area Of Emphasis make sure the classes are from an RA school with a letter grade. If you transfer anything in from ACE or something else, it won't count towards your AOE.
Best of luck with your goals!
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
(07-16-2018, 07:09 AM)xjarhead1999 Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 06:41 AM)cookderosa Wrote: My son got an email this weekend from Nancy. It said something to the effect of that he should have been given the "additional paperwork" to fill out for students pursuing the BOG. Anyone know what that is? She said she'd send it on Monday (today) but I'm impatient.
If I remember correctly, you stated that you guys had just done everything online and didn't email Nancy directly. I done everything through Nancy from the start. I had an application I had to print out, fill out, scan, then send back to her. I done the same with the application for graduation. Other than that, I didn't have any additional paperwork. Well I received a few random things in the regular mail talking about things like campus life and such but nothing that was worth keeping.

Thanks, that's probably it. She hasn't messaged him today though- said she would yesterday.
I just sent off all my transcripts. Well, except for ACE. I'm waiting to finish my study.com Computer course in the next few days. I'm so excited!
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tedium's post:
  • cookderosa, eriehiker

Do they just check your transcripts to see if you graduated? I just sent off my transcripts to them. I graduate with an AA at the end of this semester. My transcript from the local CC doesn't show that I've graduated yet. Is it likely that they will deny me because of this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 8 336 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 157 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 546 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 943 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 743 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 802 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 810 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 695 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,112 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,772 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares