Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS thread
(09-08-2018, 09:02 AM)xjarhead1999 Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 02:44 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I'm undecided about my son's AAS BOG. He has everything complete, but Nancy hasn't confirmed this. I sent her an email (as him) asking for her confirmation and she replied "I did your evaluation in July, look back at previous emails." Which I did, very carefully, and she specifically said she would do a reeval of science (he has more than enough) and computer (not sure- he has 4 cr. TEEX). I sent a very nice and polite request, but I want to reach through the computer and strangle this woman. He missed the graduation deadline and we still don't have an answer for sure.

Which teex courses he take? This is how they transfer there
Cyber Security for Business Professionals came in as BUSN 1999
Cyber Security for Everyone came in as INFO 1999
Cyber Security for IT Professionals came in as INFO 1999
I am not sure if those were used to satisfy my computer requirements or not. I can't log into Felix to see if I can find out.
I sent Nancy an email Wednesday and haven't gotten a reply yet. That is the first time I had that happen. I hate seeing some people have had problems. From beginning to end it went smooth for me.
It may just be a generic degree to most but it's a lot for me. I'm 41 right now and finally have a college degree. I am the first person in my family to get a degree. My wife has a bachelor's she got before we were married. From my mom's side I was the first to get a high school diploma. I have some cousins from my dad's side that finished high school before me but they never went to college.

Update,
he got a SUPER POLITE email from Nancy telling him that even though his 4 computer credits were TEEX for Everyone / TEEX for Business that she "has some latitude in this area" and attached his graduation application. He doesn't know yet, but later today when he finds out, I think he'll apply today for Dec graduation.
I'm attempting to apply for December graduation. I finished the three credit research writing class from my Local B and M school. I achieved an A and sent my transcript on 8/20/18. I also sent my ACE transcript on the same day which had an additional four credits. I spent two weeks and four phone calls attempting to verify if both my transcripts arrived. I was directed to different offices and left voicemails that were never returned.

They could verify that the B and M transcript was at the college but the ACE was missing in action. I was also told it would take a month or so to evaluate the B and M transcript. With no help from the school, I called ACE, and the representative sent an electronic transcript for me. Free of charge. On  9/6/18.

On 9/6/18 I received a letter postmarked 8/31/18 stating I did not meet the graduation requirements for the fall semester and stating the classes I needed for December graduation.
I wrote this person an e-mail asking if they were counting my current transcripts credits or were these the classes I needed with the additional credits. I did not receive a reply, but after I sent the e-mail, my ACE credits have magically been added to my record. 9/7/18  

My B and M class is still missing and will probably take months. I hope it's done before December.

I am scheduled to take a one-credit class in October, and financial aid is supposed to cover half of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I want to be positive, I want this to work out, but this school is never on the same page, and I'm along for the ride until it's done.

The only thing I can do is document how everything is handled and write my story. Hopefully, it saves students time and money.

Here is a running tally from start to finish.

I am told I need two sciences or a math and science to graduate. You guys on the form help me out. (This process took about four months)

I am told that was a mistake and now I need an upper-level English or Communication course or both to graduate.

Financial aid at Pierpont gives me the runaround, and I end up taking an upper-level course at my local B and M for $800 because Pierpont can't decide if I will or will not receive aid.

I work my butt off in this English class. This teacher does not give A's, She has a Doctorate in English and teaches masters students and on occasion community college students. It's a miracle I even passed let along received an A.

I talk to Nancy and she says "Great but I did another evaluation and now you need one more credit" I completed an additional four credits.

This brings me to the current waiting period and having to take a one-credit class for a transcript.

I'm happy for those students that this degree worked out for but for those of us trying our best and getting nowhere, it's frustrating. 

I'm done ranting; I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
(09-08-2018, 11:56 AM)Life_One Wrote: I am told that was a mistake and now I need an upper-level English or Communication course or both to graduate.

Just an FYI, there is no possible way you need an UL course of any kind to graduate from a CC.  The entire point of CC's is to get your LL courses done.  They don't have UL courses, and probably don't even have equivalencies for it.  That's just a nutty thing to say you require at a CC.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
They are giving me static about the NCCRS Comm. 120 SDC course. The Registrar said that all SDC courses needed to be on an ACE transcript and that they don’t accept transcripts straight from SDC.

I sent back a polite e-mail explaining that not all SDC courses were NCCRS, stating that other BOG candidates has received NCCRS credits, giving a link to the SDC NCCRS page, and the NCCRS website that shows Pierpont as an institution that accepts NCCRS credits.

I sent it Friday, so we’ll see what she says next week.

What’s going to make me furious is if they make me get the damn Excelsior transcript after all of this. Has anyone else here sent them SDC NCCRS? I’m not going to be happy if I wasted $100 on that course for no reason.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • alab21
Can anyone please tell me where and how to apply for Pierpont Bog AAS?
Is that here? https://secure.cfwv.com/applications/Pie...apply.html
or contact Nancy by email?

Thanks!  Smile
(03-10-2019, 06:46 PM)mickey20 Wrote: Can anyone please tell me where and how to apply for Pierpont Bog AAS?

Thanks!  Smile

That's the application. Write AAS BOG degree when it asks for your degree. Also good to follow up with Nancy.
have they figured out the transcript issue, or is this still a waste of time?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Life_One
(03-10-2019, 09:34 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 06:46 PM)mickey20 Wrote: Can anyone please tell me where and how to apply for Pierpont Bog AAS?

Thanks!  Smile

That's the application. Write AAS BOG degree when it asks for your degree.  Also good to follow up with Nancy.

Thanks Jennifer  Heart
Letter came today inviting my son to walk in the graduation ceremony in May. We're not going, but is anyone here going?

Thanks!  Smile

It's a waste of time if you need a transcript.... you are almost certainly better off with anything else, unless you have a very specific reason for it.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 105 Yesterday, 04:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 873 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 663 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 770 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 742 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 304 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 666 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,021 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,714 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,361 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP