Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont and Homeschoolers
So, if your kid was homeschooled, and so their high school diploma is from home rather than from the state, does anyone know how Pierpont handles that? Thanks!
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
I'm not all familiar with home schooling and how those degrees work so you can double-check with others on the forum.

However, I found this link that says that you need a HS diploma or GED and that homeschooling wasn't accepted. 

"A homeschool high school transcript with graduation date and parent’s signature is sufficient."

https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...-a-degree/

Steve don't be a stranger, we need more smart people like you posting on the forums here regularly.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-23-2022, 10:47 AM)LevelUP Wrote: I'm not all familiar with home schooling and how those degrees work so you can double-check with others on the forum.

However, I found this link that says that you need a HS diploma or GED and that homeschooling wasn't accepted. 

Steve don't be a stranger, we need more smart people like you posting on the forums here regularly.

on that link it says "A homeschool high school transcript with graduation date and parent’s signature is sufficient."

However,
(a month ago.....)Youngest in our family did not have to send homeschool high school transcript because she had 12+ RA college credits and was considered a transfer according to Pierpont policy. Just waited the two years from graduation date and sent community college, ASU and ACE transcripts. Didn't matter if it was homeschool or not for high school because already had RA college credits. see here https://secure.cfwv.com/applications/Pie...apply.html
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(06-23-2022, 10:47 AM)LevelUP Wrote: I'm not all familiar with home schooling and how those degrees work so you can double-check with others on the forum.

On the contrary, it says, "A homeschool high school transcript with graduation date and parent’s signature is sufficient."

That's extremely helpful!

OTOH, it also says that one now needs 12 RA credits, which I believe is a significant change from last year?

(06-23-2022, 10:47 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Steve don't be a stranger, we need more smart people like you posting on the forums here regularly.

I appreciate that, but I'm not all that smart when it comes to this stuff, as an awful lot has changed since I graduated in 2005!
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • LevelUP
As of right now, Pierpont still counts Sophia as "RA credit" for whatever reason. You need at least 1 graded credit, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP
See, I told you that you were smart, Steve. Lol. 

I did correct my post.

And you need only 1 RA credit, as rachel83az said

What people can do as they are getting an AS Pierpont degree is to plan out a what-if scenario as if they wanted to get a bachelor's degree later on, such as going to UMPI, for example.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

However, I found this link

Glad to see you found the other part and edited your post.

If it matters as time goes on when others are reading, this section may have been what could have been misread . "so this doesn’t work for those Homeschooling for College Credit. It will, however, work for your older kids or even yourself!"

I think what the blog author is saying is that Pierpont AAS BOG will not work while the student is currently in high school earning college credit.  It has to be used 2 years after graduation.

but looks like we're all editing at same time ...  sorry in advance if this is repeated info
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • LevelUP
In brief, the homeschooling student has to wait 2 years after the high school diploma.  They can basically continue CLEP or Sophia.org courses towards a Bachelors degree, and when they hit 2 years after high school and 20 years of age, apply for the cheap BOG AAS.  Just keep trucking onwards to the Bachelors while waiting...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 327 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 149 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 349 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 547 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 544 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 814 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,459 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,203 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 881 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,216 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM