Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont not taking Sophia ?
Hi all,  I gave this it's own thread in case others have this come up too. When I applied for Pierpont BOG, I sent the Credly/Acclaim transcript, ASU and Study.com. Those who've seen the other thread know I'm having to go through EC to get the Comm 120 from SC to transfer in. All of my Sophia and other SC courses were on the Credly transcript, but there was one difference: SC courses have a badge that says ACE, Sophia's have a flashier looking badge but do not say ACE. We know Sophia is ACE approved though. Here's what's weird. Pierpont accepted my SC courses- 5 of them- ( but not Comm 120 ) and they're listed as Credly on my transcript, BUT they didn't approve any of my Sophia courses. They all came in on the Credly transcript I'm sure. What in the world ? I KNOW they have to be familiar with Sophia because so many here have gotten the AAS. Am I supposed to have a Sophia transcript sent also ? I should have at least 72 credits which all meet their requirements.
Have you asked about sending a Sophia transcript through Parchment to Pierpont?
It matters less what the badge looks like and more whether it has the ACE endorsement. Do the pages for each of your Sophia badges have that ACE endorsement? (You might have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.)

Your badges also have to be public in order to be included on the transcript.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • ISKBizz15
I would try the parchment transcript. It’s not too expensive. I think it is only $5.00
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(04-10-2022, 05:33 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: It matters less what the badge looks like and more whether it has the ACE endorsement. Do the pages for each of your Sophia badges have that ACE endorsement? (You might have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.)

My Sophia course also does not say ACE on it anywhere. My other badges all say ACE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-10-2022, 05:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you asked about sending a Sophia transcript through Parchment to Pierpont?

Hmm, no, I didn't know I should since they're on Credly.

(04-10-2022, 05:33 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: It matters less what the badge looks like and more whether it has the ACE endorsement. Do the pages for each of your Sophia badges have that ACE endorsement? (You might have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.)

Yes all of them are ACE approved, and when I printed out my transcript, all courses were on it. Why would my settings have to be public for them to show up on a transcript I requested ? It didn't say anything about having to change the settings to public for that ....?
I've sent Credly transcript and all Sophia credits were accepted. They DID NOT accept Parchment for Sophia classes back in 2021.
Email Nancy and ask what happened.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
I agree with NOT sending Parchment. I did that as a "just in case" for the first round and that method was rejected.

Badges have to be set public because that's the way Credly works. It's stupid, but that's how it is.

All of the badges might be there, but do they all have ACE endorsement below? Sometimes, that doesn't show up for some reason. Sometimes, you have to contact Sophia support about this.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-11-2022, 01:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I agree with NOT sending Parchment. I did that as a "just in case" for the first round and that method was rejected.

Badges have to be set public because that's the way Credly works. It's stupid, but that's how it is.

All of the badges might be there, but do they all have ACE endorsement below? Sometimes, that doesn't show up for some reason. Sometimes, you have to contact Sophia support about this.
Thanks to those who suggested making the "badges" public. I'm guessing I chose private when they were added to credly.(?) Anyhow, I went through and made them all public and resent the transcript to Pierpont. I don't care anything about " sharing my badges" on any kind of media so assumed I was just piling them up on credly as a storage for credits. Honestly, is this "badge" thing going to be the norm now ? Employers will hire people based on their "badges?" How wierd.
I hope that badges aren't going to become the norm. The "transcript" from Credly, such as it is, is not exactly easy to read. I don't need badges that make my LinkedIn profile look like I was an over-ambitious scout of some kind.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 9 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • clj626, Jonathan Whatley, NoStudentNoCry, Slammyelis, ss20ts, SteveFoerster, suzycupcake, Tedium, uncapentin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,444 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,873 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,970 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares