Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont not taking Sophia ?
(04-11-2022, 07:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I hope that badges aren't going to become the norm. The "transcript" from Credly, such as it is, is not exactly easy to read. I don't need badges that make my LinkedIn profile look like I was an over-ambitious scout of some kind.

" I don't need badges that make my LinkedIn profile look like I was an over-ambitious scout of some kind." That's what it feels like. Pretty childish is another term that comes to mind, like a gold star or happy face on a math paper.
[-] The following 5 users Like uncapentin's post:
  • clj626, ISKBizz15, rachel83az, Slammyelis, ss20ts
Send yourself a Credly transcript email to ensure it shows up right too.
Also, the Study class doesn't show because it's an NCCRS (NOT Ace) accredited course. You have to go directly through Study to get that one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(04-11-2022, 09:34 AM)ashkir Wrote: Send yourself a Credly transcript email to ensure it shows up right too.

It shows up on my transcript to myself, even before I changed settings. Maybe because it's to me ? I dunno.....

(04-11-2022, 01:14 PM)TwinMom Wrote: Also, the Study class doesn't show because it's an NCCRS (NOT Ace) accredited course. You have to go directly through Study to get that one.

That's what I thought but they won't accept it from Study. Weird, right ?
(04-11-2022, 07:46 AM)uncapentin Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 07:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I hope that badges aren't going to become the norm. The "transcript" from Credly, such as it is, is not exactly easy to read. I don't need badges that make my LinkedIn profile look like I was an over-ambitious scout of some kind.

" I don't need badges that make my LinkedIn profile look like I was an over-ambitious scout of some kind." That's what it feels like. Pretty childish is another term that comes to mind, like a gold star or happy face on a math paper.
"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges" 

Dating myself badly. 

I had a problem with credly where tesu would not accept some of my coursea badges because they didn't have the ACE endorsement, but others did. I contacted coursea and they removed the ones that didn't have ACE descriptions (for some courses I had two badges) and added the correct ones.
[-] The following 2 users Like Blckbuster's post:
  • TenderMoni, uncapentin
(04-11-2022, 04:46 PM)uncapentin Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 09:34 AM)ashkir Wrote: Send yourself a Credly transcript email to ensure it shows up right too.

It shows up on my transcript to myself, even before I changed settings. Maybe because it's to me ? I dunno.....

(04-11-2022, 01:14 PM)TwinMom Wrote: Also, the Study class doesn't show because it's an NCCRS (NOT Ace) accredited course. You have to go directly through Study to get that one.

Not really. Peirpont wants someone to vouch for the credit. For the ACE courses, that is ACE (via Credly). For the NCCRS credit, they are willing to have Excelsior (an RA school) vouch for it. In neither case do they accept Study.com's word for it. TESU accepts them directly from Study because they have an agreement with them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(04-12-2022, 01:48 PM)davewill Wrote: Not really. Peirpont wants someone to vouch for the credit. For the ACE courses, that is ACE (via Credly). For the NCCRS credit, they are willing to have Excelsior (an RA school) vouch for it. In neither case do they accept Study.com's word for it. TESU accepts them directly from Study because they have an agreement with them.

They should take SDC's word for it, though, since they claim to accept NCCRS courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-12-2022, 01:48 PM)davewill Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 04:46 PM)uncapentin Wrote:

Not really. Peirpont wants someone to vouch for the credit. For the ACE courses, that is ACE (via Credly). For the NCCRS credit, they are willing to have Excelsior (an RA school) vouch for it. In neither case do they accept Study.com's word for it. TESU accepts them directly from Study because they have an agreement with them.

Well, actually it's my understanding that they accept transcripts from Study or have in the past and they shouldn't need TESU to "vouch" for anything since they're listed on the NCCRS website as a college that accepts NCCRS courses. It makes no sense. 
http://www.nationalccrs.org/colleges-uni...al+College
[-] The following 1 user Likes uncapentin's post:
  • rachel83az
For those who had trouble getting NCCRS accepted, has anyone ever tried using this? I wonder how successful NCCRS is at "advocating" for you:

http://www.nationalccrs.org/content/requ...-obtaining

Quote:If you encounter difficulties in receiving transfer credit, please complete this form to request assistance from NCCRS. NCCRS will email the college official and advocate on your behalf to request that the college award credit for the learning experience(s) you completed. 
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(04-12-2022, 02:33 PM)jsd Wrote: For those who had trouble getting NCCRS accepted, has anyone ever tried using this? I wonder how successful NCCRS is at "advocating" for you:

http://www.nationalccrs.org/content/requ...-obtaining

Quote:If you encounter difficulties in receiving transfer credit, please complete this form to request assistance from NCCRS. NCCRS will email the college official and advocate on your behalf to request that the college award credit for the learning experience(s) you completed. 

I filled out that request. I haven't heard anything about it yet. My study transcript was sent to EC and now I have admissions folks emailing me like crazy. It shouldn't be such a process to get this course accepted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 9 136 5 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 58,984 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 548 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 816 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 198 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 844 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 319 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 234 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,147 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 351 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM