Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont question
Anyone graduate in December? Have you received anything? My brother submitted transcripts and applications back in August, but only got a postcard in November congratulating him on his achievement. No email confirming his courses were evaluated or anything. Just curious if that’s normal. He was planning on using the degree to qualify for a promotion later this year.
My friend did the same exact thing - submitted transcripts/app in August - heard NOTHING from them the whole time. Got an email in January saying that he was awarded the degree - but didn't see anything in the mail until just yesterday. Looks like they mailed out those degree diplomas late. Did your brother get his in the mail yet? If not, ask Nancy and maybe ask them to send it to another address. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes kevinmane's post:
  • Life Long Learning
I got my diploma in a few weeks ago for my December graduation. Maybe they accidentally set your brother to graduate this Spring. I did receive two diplomas: one for August and one for December, which other members said they received too. Apparently, they are having a little trouble with the BOG degrees, accounting-wise. I imagine if we were allowed transcripts, this wouldn't be as big of a hassle with them. Oh well.

I would definitely call or e-mail Nancy and ask her. She seems pretty responsive.

It's funny, though. I didn't get any e-mail or postcard saying I had graduated. Just a big long wait with no word until a few weeks ago when the diploma arrived. I was prepared for the wait and the silence, though, so I didn't think anything of it.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tedium's post:
  • cookderosa, Life Long Learning
(02-05-2019, 06:56 PM)Sparklette Wrote: Anyone graduate in December? Have you received anything? My brother submitted transcripts and applications back in August, but only got a postcard in November congratulating him on his achievement. No email confirming his courses were evaluated or anything. Just curious if that’s normal. He was planning on using the degree to qualify for a promotion later this year.

My son graduated in Dec and rec'd a diploma several weeks ago. He then rec'd a second diploma saying "oops, we goofed the date on the first" - but yes, you should have gotten yours by now. FWIW, my son was qualified to graduate the day he applied, but it took tons of back and forth to get everything verified, and for sure Nancy is the one who has to submit the paperwork that you're eligible. My son could have graduated last summer - they had EVERYTHING- but they are sooooo slow and his official grad date is december.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 387 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 167 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 362 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 549 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 549 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 823 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,472 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,212 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 884 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,229 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM