Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont transfer-in question
Let's say I start at WGU and transfer in 60 credits via various means (CLEP, AP exams, IT certs, and ACE credits). Let's further say that I'd like to collect a Pierpont BoG AAS in the midst of working on WGU because I'm a weirdo.

If I were to immediately send Pierpont my WGU transcript via the Reverse Transfer process, would Pierpont count those credits as RA, since they're on a WGU transcript, or would they count them as "other" since they originally came from other sources (and thus, I'd have to wait until I actually earned 12 credits from WGU)?
Current: WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (082/122 credits)
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
What you want to do is what we call "credit laundering" and is not possible. WGU is going to show the credits as transfers, so that will tip them off. Pierpont is going to want to see the ORIGINAL transcripts from where you earned the credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Easy, you're trying too hard, keep it simple, get the 1 graded credit from ASU for $25 quickly, finish a few more of your Sophia.org courses or other ACE credits for transfer, when you reach the required 21 general education and 39 free electives, transfer those credits into Pierpont. Don't even bother transferring from WGU towards your Pierpont because (at the time of this writing, they only really need 1 graded RA credit, not the full 12 RA graded credits).

You don't even need to take your time to "think about this", just get the credits sent over and continue working towards credits that can transfer into WGU. One word of advice, if you're going for a WGU IT degree, your Pierpont BOG AAS should be a "business emphasis", because you don't want the redundant IT emphasis for no reason, if you do 5 Sophia.org "business" courses, you're already there! Don't think too much and make it more complex, the easy way is this!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ctcarl, origamishuttle
(06-22-2022, 11:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: What you want to do is what we call "credit laundering" and is not possible.  WGU is going to show the credits as transfers, so that will tip them off.  Pierpont is going to want to see the ORIGINAL transcripts from where you earned the credit.

Okay cool, thanks! This is exactly why I asked. Makes sense.

(06-22-2022, 11:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Easy, you're trying too hard, keep it simple, get the 1 graded credit from ASU for $25 quickly, finish a few more of your Sophia.org courses or other ACE credits for transfer, when you reach the required 21 general education and 39 free electives, transfer those credits into Pierpont.  Don't even bother transferring from WGU towards your Pierpont because (at the time of this writing, they only really need 1 graded RA credit, not the full 12 RA graded credits).  

You don't even need to take your time to "think about this", just get the credits sent over and continue working towards credits that can transfer into WGU.

Hold on, when did they only start requiring one RA credit?! Everything official still says 12 and I hadn't seen anything here before now to suggest otherwise. That's crazy if that's the case.

(06-22-2022, 11:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: One word of advice, if you're going for a WGU IT degree, your Pierpont BOG AAS should be a "business emphasis", because you don't want the redundant IT emphasis for no reason, if you do 5 Sophia.org "business" courses, you're already there!  Don't think too much and make it more complex, the easy way is this!

I actually thought about collecting some extra business credits for exactly that purpose but I'm kind of okay with the redundant emphasis (or maybe even no emphasis at all). We'll see. Thanks!
Done: Pierpont AAS, Board of Governors: Information Systems emphasis (awarded Dec 2022)
Quote:,Pierpont because (at the time of this writing, they only really need 1 graded RA credit, not the full 12 RA graded credits).  

Hold on, when did they only start requiring one RA credit?! Everything official still says 12 and I hadn't seen anything here before now to suggest otherwise. That's crazy if that's the case.

It's my understanding from listening to others on the forum that of the 12 RA credits for residency, only 1 needs to be letter graded (A B C variety).   The other 11 RA credits can be "Pass" variety. I've heard that some ACE courses may also be counted as "RA", but I'm not sure on that part of the details.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Yeah, as of right now, Sophia counts as RA credit at Pierpont. Not sure why, but that's the way it is. It makes it easier to get a Pierpont degree, at least!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
rachel83az Wrote:Yeah, as of right now, Sophia counts as RA credit at Pierpont. Not sure why, but that's the way it is. It makes it easier to get a Pierpont degree, at least!

Ding ding and they just need 1 graded credit, the rest can be all transfer credit. @raekwon, just follow my post and get the credits transferred before you enroll at WGU, you'll be done doing the credits and it'll go towards both degrees...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My mind is blown right now. Thanks. I'll check out what I've missed on the thread.
I've read in another post on this forum that Ms. Parks herself has said that the 15 credits that go toward an area of emphasis must all be graded credits. Has that proven untrue lately?
It's very untrue. I did that Google IT cert and they counted that for 12 credits for an AOE of information systems, I had other credits from TEEX (those were free) to complete the AOE. I'm not sure if TEEX still works but every single one of those credits were ungraded.
[-] The following 2 users Like utility's post:
  • origamishuttle, raekwon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 327 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 149 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 349 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 547 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 544 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 814 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,459 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,203 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 881 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,216 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM