Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan for EU BSBA
I would like some help with organizing my Excelsior BSBA degree program. As of now, I have transferred 85 credits to Excelsior, including cornerstone and information literacy courses that I took the past semester at EU. Unfortunately transferring any more credits would cost $300, so I would like to plan and transfer everything at once. I have satisfied all the general education prerequisites and have a considerable number of math and science credits, along with 18 UL credits unrelated to business. I am wondering if it is feasible to complete the entire program using only Sophia Learning and Study.com. Additionally, I recognize that English Composition 2 will not be recognized for the BSBA program and I need to take Business English. Can you suggest where I can take this course? this is my rough plan
Managerial Accounting Accounting 102 SDC
Introduction to Business Law - Sophia 
Introduction to Computers Done
Business Communication - Sophia 
Management Concepts and Applications - Sophia UL
Marketing Concepts and Application ???
Principles of Finance - Sophia UL
International Business - SDC business 308 UL
I would like to go for the Finance concentration if its possible to get all the required credits at Sophia Learning and Study.com  
What are some other easy UL credits to meet the 21 UL credit requirements
I think most of the BSBA can be completed with SDC and Sophia. However, the only alt-credit Business English class we know of that satisfies Excelsior's requirements is available through Coopersmith.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@memyselfni, what have you searched for in regards to the UL credits and finance concentration?  Is there a provider you're preferring or wanting to use for these courses?  Excelsior accepts ACE and NCCRS providers, so you would have plenty of options to select from.  You can review Davar, LawShelf, in addition to Coopersmith, Study.com for example...

You should really provide us more details so we don't recommend courses you have already taken already and any additional information that may help us further, that's one reason I usually get people to fill in the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Study.com Link: https://study.com/college/school/excelsi...urse-guide
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It would be nice if we had some completed wiki plans for EU. It seems some were started but not completed.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Code:
Your Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Your Age: 23
What kind of degree do you want?: Business, I would like a finance concentration if possible. I insist on this being from EU as I have already completed the cornerstone and information literacy courses.
Current Regional Accredited Credits: 85 credits

School Name Total Credits: # Baku state university BSU 1.5 years Bachelor's of physics
Class Name, Credits, Grade
Classical Mechanics and Laboratories us equivalent 3.75 cr LL A
Classical and Quantum Waves 3.75 cr LL A
Mathematical, Computational and Professional Skills 1 3.75 cr LL A
Electromagnetism and Relativity 3.75 cr LL B
Mathematical, Computational and Professional Skills 2 3.75 cr LL A
Physics laboratory 3.75 cr LL A

Thermodynamics and Electromagnetism B UL
Mathematics, Professional Skills and Laboratories B UL
Statistical and Solid State Physics A UL
Quantum, Atomic, Nuclear and Particle Physics A UL
Astrophysical Technologies and Space Science A LL
Sophia learning
English comp 1& 2, micro and macro economics, calculus 1, biology, chemistry, art history 1&2, American history 1 and more general education credits
The courses from BSU were evaluated at 3.75 cr per course and accepted by EU.
I just need help planning the business requirements for the degree.

(05-14-2023, 10:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think most of the BSBA can be completed with SDC and Sophia. However, the only alt-credit Business English class we know of that satisfies Excelsior's requirements is available through Coopersmith.
I will have a look thank you. If you yourself have done the course do you think it's very intensive?
There are additional requirements that I'm not sure you've met - and I want to include them because some are UL (you need 30cr of UL, including Org Behavior, Quantitative Analysis which are counted in the GE area):

BUSINESS WRITING ENG-102: Business Writing Coopersmith
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior Study.com UL
BUSINESS STATISTICS Statistics Sophia
BUSINESS DATA ANALYSIS MAT-303: Quantitative Analysis Coopersmith UL

FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING Financial Accounting Sophia
MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING ACC 102: Intro to Managerial Accounting Study.com
BUSINESS LAW Intro to Business Law Sophia
BUSINESS COMMUNICATION Business Communication Study.com
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT BUS 101: Principles of Management Sophia UL
PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING BUS 102: Principles of Marketing Study.com
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Principles of Finance Sophia UL
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS BUS 308: Globalization and International Management Study.com UL
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT (CAPSTONE) Strategic Management Capstone EXCELSIOR UNIVERSITY UL
BUSINESS ELECTIVE Study.com UL
BUSINESS ELECTIVE Study.com
BUSINESS ELECTIVE Study.com
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@memyselfni, as per my previous post above, there is a link for Study.com equivalency, you can find one for Sophia.org as well. I suggest you complete the info as per dfrecore's list. If you want to complete them from other providers, you can always check to see if Davar, LawShelf, or any other provider has anything for business electives or other electives you are interested in.

Oh, to add, you should create a spreadsheet with all the requirements and what EU has taken from your academic evaluation. Once done, place all the recommendations above from Sophia, Study.com, and any other provider you decide to complete the remaining requirements. Put that on your google or one drive and link us to it, make the file viewable and not editable, we can then recommend any changes or updates accordingly...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Payment Plan Robinred2404 3 227 03-25-2024, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,076 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 4 814 03-01-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior business degree plan desireelws50 7 1,395 11-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  roadmap for BSBA from EC please defmo 17 1,488 08-05-2022, 12:59 PM
  Can anyone help me create a degree map for Excelsior BSBA ? Dowew 1 1,348 03-29-2020, 03:21 AM
  Is this a reasonable Excelsior study plan? ninod 0 1,214 01-10-2020, 11:11 AM
Last Post: ninod
  Help me come up with a course plan, please! sweetnava 4 1,267 11-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Excelsior Degree Plan - questions on UL credit sources EducationSeeker 15 4,832 08-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ddillenberger
  Where can i find Excelsior full plan and requisites for BSBA? cecilgambe7 1 1,154 07-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa