Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan recommendation for TESU BALS (updated)
Smile 
Could anyone please help me with some plans for TESU BALS, not only limited to study.com. My question is , should I just use straighterline or should I just continue with study.com? 

I have completed these courses after the evaluation, the excelsior course was completed a few years ago, I didn't know how to send the excelsior transcript to TESU, so that 3 credits were not evaluated. 

study.com:
Library Science 101: Information Literacy
Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace
Finance 102: Personal Finance

SOPHIA:
Developing Effective Teams
The Essentials of Managing Conflict

EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
SOC*465 SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH

My evaluation: the 79 credits TESU evaluated were all foreign credits. 

Program Requirements: 
1: BA General Education (60 SH) (In progress) SH Earned: 35 Complete all 5 subrequirements:

A: IntellctSkills 15 SH (Not started) 
SH Earned: 0 
ENC-101 3 SH *must earn grade of C/CR or better (Not started) 
English Composition I     _______ __________ 3 credits needed 

ENC-102 3 SH *must earn grade of C/CR or better (Not started) English Composition II _____________3 credits needed 

Oral Communication 3 SH (Not started)  _______________3 credits needed 

Quantitative Literacy 3 SH (Not started)  _______________ 3 credits needed 

Information Literacy 3 SH (Not started)  _______________ 3 credits needed 

B: Civic Learning 9 SH (Not started) 
SH Earned: 0 
Diversity 3 SH (Not started) _______________  3 credits needed

Ethics 3 SH (Not started) ______ 3 credits needed 

Civic Engagement 3 SH (Not started) _____ 3 credits needed

E: GE Electives 20 SH (In progress) For TESU course options, go to TES-100 Corne rstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies Course and General Education Elective Courses SH Earned: 19 
TES-100 1 SH (Not started) Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies  ______ _______________ ___1 credit needed
Additional General Education Electives 19 SH (Complete) SH Earned: 19 1 JOU110

2: Liberal Studies (30 SH: 15SH at upper level) (In progress) 
SH Earned: 26 GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000 
Complete both subrequirements: A: Upper Level (15 SH) (In progress) *must earn grades of C/CR or better
Liberal Studies Area.
SH Earned: 11 Required: 15 Remaining: 4 

__________ ________ 3 credits needed
 ______ ____________1 credit needed

3: Liberal Arts Capstone (3 SH) (Not started) *must earn a grade of C/CR or better This Capstone course must be taken with Thomas Edison State University or via an approved T homas Edison State University Academic Program Review. For TESU course options, go to LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone
______ ____________  3 credits needed

4: Electives (27SH) (In progress) 

SH Earned: 18 Required: 27 Remaining: 9

__________ 3 credits needed 
______ ___   3 credits needed 
______ ____ 3 credits needed
We can't tell you what to take without knowing what you've already taken. Make a list of the remaining courses you have on your eval.

As for sending your EC transcript to TESU, you go on EC's website and search for transcripts, and then you order a transcript, and send it directly to TESU. It's usually very simple.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I got your Private Message, my previous message wasn't clear... as mentioned by dfrecore, we need to know what you've taken already. So, copy/paste the entire evaluation including the missing/remaining courses. People will provide you options for each missing course. You can continue with Study.com or take some at the other providers. I'll PM you back with my suggestions.

Update: Besides the ones mentioned above... Have you completed the ones recommended to you in your previous thread?
See here for your previous suggestions. Have you done them? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-study-com

If you haven't started the Math courses at Study.com, complete Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus or Trigonometry for $20/month to get 9 credits at ALEKS. That will get you started and finish 9 quick credits. You want to also complete the FREE credits here: All of it if you can do so. http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit

English Composition I - SL/Study.com or CLEP (MS)
English Composition II - SL/Study.com or CLEP (MS)
Oral Communication - Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace
Quantitative Literacy - MAT 97: Intro to Mathematical Reasoning
Information Literacy - Library Science 101: Information Literacy
Diversity - SL/Study.com Cultural Anthropology or Sociology
Ethics - SL/Study.com Ethics (not the FREE Ethics 312)
Civic Engagement - SL/Study.com American Government

TES-100 1 SH Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies
- Study.com affiliation doesn't require this course, So... Skip this course

Upper Level (15 SH) SH Earned: 11 Required: 15 Remaining: 4
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE SOC*465 SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH (3 credits)
FREE course = Institutes Ethics 312 (2 credits)

Electives (27SH) SH Earned: 18 Required: 27 Remaining: 9
__________ 3 credits needed = ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
______ ___ 3 credits needed = ALEKS College Algebra
______ ____ 3 credits needed = ALEKS Precalculus OR Trigonometry

CAPSTONE: TESU Online, take it while someone here is taking it, you can work together. I would say you can get this done in about 4-5 months, you can graduate by December 2018. Apply for graduation now, pay for your capstone and the residency waiver before JUNE 28 for the discount. Even though you apply for graduation now and take the AUGUST Capstone (register by June 22), you get everything at $1000 cheaper. The price goes up after June 30,2018 - so don't wait!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
here is the update 

">[Image: Image_1.png]

">[Image: Image2.png]

">[Image: Image_3.png]

">[Image: Image4.png]
I did a spreadsheet - using the eval, plus the courses you said you did.  If I were you, I would just stick with Study.com and finish up, they have everything you need, and you're familiar with the format.  Plus, they will send you transcripts to TESU for free.

You are very close to getting your degree, so I would probably stick with TESU, although it certainly can't hurt to look at COSC or EC if you want.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Vandy TESU BALS.xlsx (Size: 41.21 KB / Downloads: 45)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
See post #3 for my recommendations.  I just have one change to that, instead of using ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, I am leaving it with Personal Finance, other than that, my recommendations are the same.  You'll have to decide who you want to use for English Comp I/II, it's a coin toss for me between StraighterLine or Study.com, SL has more written assignments, but the are no proctored exams that weigh a lot for the course.  Study.com has fewer assignments, but their proctored final is 33% of the course.

Here are the "changes" or recommendations I have for you, see how busy you are for the remainder of this month, if you can, finish the Ethics course as it expires 6/30/2018.  It's your final UL course you need for the AOS, the rest should be worked on right away as well.  BTW, For Eng I/II, I'm leaning towards Study.com...  And finally - as per my last post.... the capstone, see above for what you need to do.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Vandy TESU BALS.xlsx (Size: 45.58 KB / Downloads: 31)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Do at least 2 study.com courses to get the cornerstone waiver and discount on fees and tuition.

You could complete the rest with CLEP and DSST more than likely if you do not like study.com.

It essentially pays you back to do the study.com discount.
(06-13-2018, 01:31 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:  the Ethics course as it expires 6/30/2018.  

It expires on 7/31/18.
Thumbs Up 
(06-12-2018, 08:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I did a spreadsheet - using the eval, plus the courses you said you did.  If I were you, I would just stick with Study.com and finish up, they have everything you need, and you're familiar with the format.  Plus, they will send you transcripts to TESU for free.

You are very close to getting your degree, so I would probably stick with TESU, although it certainly can't hurt to look at COSC or EC if you want.

Thank you Dfrecore!! I really appreciated it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,179 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,002 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN Biden's $400 billion student loan forgiveness "plan" LevelUP 2 617 07-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 831 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,025 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,902 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,264 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123