Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan so far; soliciting comments
Plan so far. I need 12 credits to be from excelsior; thats why the UExcel test. Study.com has ACE accreditation and it seems cheap. I am in the process of developing a plan to give Excelsior for approval. My priorities are: Easy, Speed and then Cost. PLEASE, any and all suggestions are welcome. The ones at the bottom seem difficult to find a test out solution for; soliciting

Written English Requirement | 6 Credits
- Fulfill with College Composition | CLEP | 6 Credits

Humanities Requirement | 9 Credits
- Fulfill with Analyzing and Interpreting Literature | 6 | CLEP
- Fulfill Intro to Philosophy | 3 | Uexcel

Social Sciences/History Requirement | 9 Credits
- Fulfill with Social Sciences and History | 6 | CLEP
- Fulfill Cultural Diversity (545) | 3 | Uexcel*

Macroeconomics | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Macroeconomics - ECON101 | 3 | Straighterline

Microeconomics | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Microeconomics - ECON102 | 3 | Straighterline

Statistics Requirement | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Business Statistics - MAT150 | 3 | Straighterline

Natural Science requirement | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Anatomy & Physiology I - BIO201 | 3 | Straighterline

Financial Accounting | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Accounting I - ACC101 | 3 | Straighterline

Managerial Accounting | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Accounting II - ACC102 | 3 | Straighterline

Introduction to Business Law | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Business Law | 3 | JumpCourse

Principles of Management | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Principles of Management | 3 | Study.com

Principles of Marketing | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Principles of Marketing | 3 | Study.com

Financial Mangement | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with BUS208 Principles of Management | 3 | Saylor

Production/Operations Management | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Corporate Communication | 3 | Saylor

Business Policy (You must complete BUS*495 at Excelsior College) | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with BUS495 | 3 | Excelsior

Organizational Behavior | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Organizational Behavior | 3 | Study.com

Ethics | 3 Credits
- Fulfill with Ethics: Theory & Practice (484) | 3 | Uexcel*

Mathematics Requirement (College Algebra at the level of Precalculus or higher) | 3 Credits
Remaining Arts and Sciences Requirement | 21 Credits
Information Literacy | 1 Credits
IA. A Business Programming Language | 3 Credits
IB. Database Management | 3 Credits
IC. Data Communications or Telecommunications or Networking | 3 Credits
ID. Systems Analysis and Design | 3 Credits
Upper-Level Business Concentration | 1 Credits
Upper-Level Business Elective | 9 Credits
As I understand it study.com does not give you any credit they just "prepare" you to take the CLEP/UExcel/DSST/AP exam and "help" you transfer that credit through ACE. If this is so you are paying a lot just to watch videos or equivalent materials
that you might find free or at a cheaper price elsewhere.

Do others know about this am I reading it wrong?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I'm not that familiar with Excelsior, but I see some overlap between what you have listed and what i'm planning to do at TESC.

"Fulfill with Social Sciences and History | 6 | CLEP" --> Is it easier to do the 6 credit clep or take to 3 credit ones on specific subjects such as Into to Soc and a History course. Seems like a lot of diverse information to be tested on at once.

"Fulfill with Macroeconomics - ECON101 | 3 | Straighterline" --> I have read that straighterline is a lot of work for this course. I am considering the CLEP and using the IC flash cards, AP book, and sparknotes. I already have Micro, but when you do them, make sure to do them together. A lot of overlap.

"Fulfill with Principles of Management | 3 | Study.com" and "Fulfill with Principles of Marketing | 3 | Study.com" --> I'm not familiar with study.com, but others here have commented that these are easy and can be completed with the IC flashcards.

"Fulfill with Organizational Behavior | 3 | Study.com" --> I have completed part of this course at SL. I like the material and if you get the ebook, it should only take a couple of weeks. 4 tests, 1 midterm, and 1 proctored final.

"IC. Data Communications or Telecommunications or Networking | 3 Credits" and "Upper-Level Business Elective | 9 Credits " --> Have you considered the TECEP exams?

"IA. A Business Programming Language | 3 Credits" --> Look through the forum. I believe Sanantone just posted info about a new excelsior exam on Java.

"ID. Systems Analysis and Design | 3 Credits" --> Will they accept CSU Global CBE? Look through the forum for a thread with more info. https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/prog...ions/cbes/

"IB. Database Management | 3 Credits" --> Does this need to be UL? If not, maybe a course at your local CC?
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Lindagerr Wrote:As I understand it study.com does not give you any credit they just "prepare" you to take the CLEP/UExcel/DSST/AP exam and "help" you transfer that credit through ACE. If this is so you are paying a lot just to watch videos or equivalent materials
that you might find free or at a cheaper price elsewhere.

Do others know about this am I reading it wrong?

Study.com has great tools for preparing, but they also offer ace credit on some courses. Most have cheaper options,but study's format looks neat.

https://study.com/academy/get-credit.html
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Dassey Wrote:Plan so far. I need 12 credits to be from excelsior; thats why the UExcel test. Study.com has ACE accreditation and it seems cheap. I am in the process of developing a plan to give Excelsior for approval. My priorities are: Easy, Speed and then Cost. PLEASE, any and all suggestions are welcome. The ones at the bottom seem difficult to find a test out solution for; soliciting

Written English Requirement | 6 Credits
- Fulfill with College Composition | CLEP | 6 Credits

Some really quick notes:

You said you need 12 credits from Excelsior? So I assume you signed up for the Excelsior course option? In which case, you need to know that Uexcels *don't* count toward that. What they mean by 12 credits at Excelsior is 12 credits of actual online courses. Exams don't count.

The other thing I noticed immediately was that you planned to use CLEP for English. Excelsior does not accept CLEP to cover the written english requirement. They offer their own in-house exam (they actually have two - you want the 6 credit one, not the 3 credit), or you can take actual English 101 & 102 courses. I believe they do accept Straighterline for this, if you prefer that route.
DSST | Astronomy - 68 | Anthropology - 73 | HTYH - 450 | Intro to Comp. - 454 | Religions - 459 | Lifespan Dev. - 419 | Counseling - 409 | Substance Abuse - 456 | Geography - 463 | Environment & Humanity - 463 | CLEP | A & I Lit - 75 | Humanities - 57 | Psych - 64 | Western Civ I - 57 | College Comp. - 65 | College Math - 61 | Ed. Psych - 65 | US History I - 68 | Soc Sci & History - 69 | Western Civ II - 53 | US History II - 61 | UExcel | College Writing - A | Social Psych - B | Abnormal Psych - B | Cultural Div. - B | Juvenile Delinquency - B | World Pop. - A | Psych of Adulthood & Aging - A | Straighterline | Intro to Philosophy - 75% | American Gov. - 89% | Macroecon | Microecon | Bus. Communication | Bus. Ethics | Cultural Anth. - 96% |

AAS in Intelligence Operations Studies - Graduated 2015!
BA in Social Sciences & Humanities from TESU - in progress

186 credits and counting...
Well...that blows.
Dassey Wrote:Well...that blows.

Is there a reason you specifically choose Excelsior? The BSBA CIS is generally easier to test out of at TESC.

Edit--

I see now it's because of your certs. How did they apply them? It may still be easier to test out at TESC if they didn't apply any as UL or in your Area of Study.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Who proctors the finals at SL?
Dassey Wrote:Who proctors the finals at SL?

ProctorU I believe.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Hopefully you can see my attachment as to how they did my certs. Some of the MS ones can come in through ACE I assume. The CCNA one does not though.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">score.jpg (Size: 90.25 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,361 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,896 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,784 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,338 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,695 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,934 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
  TESU BA in History Plan - Critiques? mysonx3 4 2,151 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA ckndinner 3 1,698 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: prolific_change
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA in Lib Studies PBenitez 14 3,522 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
  New Member - Need Assistance With TESU Psychology Plan joshyjosh 7 2,231 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77