Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning Bachelor Degree (through 1 of the Big 3)
I have a Associates in Science (Child Development) Associate in Arts (liberal arts & sciences)  Medical Secretary Diploma & a year of Photography Classes..  It looks like I have 12 upper level credits based on a Degree Audit from a Local College...
I would like to finish up and get my Bachelors degree, hoping to take Study.com classes or any upper level courses that would work via another online offering. 
I’m trying to figure out what classes I need through (Charter Oak) I would be happy with a Bachelor of General Studies, just trying to figure out what that looks like class wise (Which ones & how many I would need with what I have already. (Generals plus Electives)
Any help would be great!
You're going to have to give people more information, I think.

I'll go ahead and tell you Study.com is probably the best option for transfer credits to the Big 3.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 2 users Like jsh1138's post:
  • MrBossmanJr, topdog98
I think I would just pay the fee to apply at COSC and TESU and see what you have fulfilled already then go from there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • topdog98
Since you said you already have a lot of credits and you mentioned Charter Oak, I think you should just go ahead and apply there now. They will tell you what credits you are lacking. Then you can get input here on what sources are best to fulfill those requirements. The advisers at COSC will also help.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
If you post your credits, I can do a COSC BALS/BSLS degree plan for you. Put course #, course name, number of credits, and grade if less than a C.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ariannaparie
Hello, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the complete wrong area but I'm new to this forum and saw a link from the CLEP reddit community to come to this thread and ask questions on my degree plan for 1 of the big 3. My job requires me to have at least an Associates degree and preferably in Criminal Justice. I have been leaning towards Excelsior for the credits but whichever one would be easier and faster I'm fine with. I would be okay if it's not in Criminal Justice even though I would really like it to be since it would create more opportunity for me, the most essential point of this is to get an Associates Degree and eventually a Bachelors Degree as soon as possible. Over the past 2 or 3 months I have been taking CLEP and DSST exams, the following are the credits I have so far:

Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
American Literature
College Composition 
College Composition Modular
English Literature
Intro to Psychology
Intro to Sociology 
Untied States History 1
United States History 2
American Government 
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management 
College Mathematics 
Intro to Criminal Justice
Intro to Law Enforcement 

If I were able to get close to a complete degree in Criminal Justice and take a capstone course or take any left over courses for Criminal Justice I would do that. My goal is to finish by the end of the year, if it would take much longer vs a different degree plan I would probably take that route instead. Again not sure if this is the right place but thank you for the help.
(10-15-2019, 12:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you post your credits, I can do a COSC BALS/BSLS degree plan for you.  Put course #, course name, number of credits, and grade if less than a C.

Thank you! 

ENGL 2450 World Literature 3 cr
SPCH 1114 Intro to Public Speaking 3 cr
EDU 1136 Infant/Toddler Development 3cr
CHCA 2510 Internship 3cr
CDEV 1150 Childcare Business Strategies 3cr
ECYD 1340 Curriculum Planning 3cr
ECYD 2705 Understand Autism 1cr
CPTR 104 Intro to Computer Tech. 3cr
BIOL 104 Intro Anatomy and Phys. 3cr
HLTH 106 Medical Terminology 2cr
ADMM 150 Medical Billing/Insurance 4cr
ADMM 134 Medical Language Applications 2cr
ADMS 116 Business Communications 3cr
ADMM 152 Outpatient Coding 4cr
ADMM 130 Medical Transcription 4cr
ADMM 120 Medical Office Procedures 3cr
HLTH 208 Pathophysiology 3cr
CRLT 102 Contemporary career Search 1 cr
CDEV 2234 United Children/Youth 1cr
PHIL 1201 Ethics 3cr
PSYC 2222 Developmental Psychology 3cr
BIOL 1107 Environmental Science 3cr
BIOL 1108 Environmental Science Lab 1cr
SOC 1111 Intro to Sociology 3cr
ENGL 1102 College Writing 2 3cr
PHYS1120 Intro to Astronomy 3cr
ANTH 1110 Cultural Anthropology 3cr
ART 1110 Intro to Art 3cr
SPCH1150 Interpersonal Communication 3cr
PHIM 1160 Basic Photo 4cr
PHIM 1164 Survey of Imaging 2cr
PHIM 1168 Image Editing 2cr
PHIM 1172 Photo Printing System 4cr
ENGL 1410 Composition 1 4cr
PHIM 1122 Photo Composition 2cr
MATH 1427 Technical Math 3cr ( C+)
CART 1114 QuarkXpress 2cr 
PHIM 1174 Studio Photographics 4cr
PHIM 1284 Digital Photo 4cr
PHIM 1399 Special Topics 1cr  ©
THTR 1451 Intro to Theatre 3cr
CHLD 1125 Guiding Children's Behavior 3cr
CHLD 1150 Literature/Lang for Children 3cr
CHLD 1525 Health/Safety/Nutrition 2cr
CHLD 1500 Child Growth and Development 3 cr
CHLD 2075 Family/Community Issues 3cr
CHLD 2100 Child Abuse and Neglect 2cr

There are my courses....
You have over 120 graded credits. You might just want to have Athabasca University evaluate them and see if you can just pay to graduate.

http://calendar.athabascau.ca/undergrad/...am/bgs.php

LL courses can transfer in as UL courses.

Lots of your courses seem to transfer in as UL by using the course search.
https://www.athabascau.ca/course/course-...te/all/all
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • allvia
(11-09-2019, 09:17 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: You have over 120 graded credits.  You might just want to have Athabasca University evaluate them and see if you can just pay to graduate.  

https://www.athabascau.ca/course/course-...ate/all/al
I tried looking them up online. Is this a creditable college? Have you known someone to go the route your talking?
(11-09-2019, 09:46 PM)SkaroFamily Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 09:17 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: You have over 120 graded credits.  You might just want to have Athabasca University evaluate them and see if you can just pay to graduate.  

https://www.athabascau.ca/course/course-...ate/all/al
I tried looking them up online. Is this a creditable college? Have you known someone to go the route your talking?

A former board member used to promote this school, It has US regional accreditation. It is a 3 year bachelor so your transcript would reflect 120 credits—30 in excess, but should be sufficient to get into grad school since you completed 120 credits and it doesn’t say 3 year bachelor on your transcript.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,450 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 950 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 375 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader