Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning Courses with TESU
What is the best way to go about planning courses for TESU? I have several Independent Study courses I am planning to take, but obviously don't want to shell out for them until I have a little more assurance they will count how I expect them to count.

Should I just email advising with course code, institution and description and ask them how it will apply to my degree?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
You could post them on the forum and I know there are some who would be able to tell you if they will, or will not, count with TESU.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(12-08-2018, 04:29 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: You could post them on the forum and I know there are some who would be able to tell you if they will, or will not, count with TESU.

Oh, I know they will count (TESU accepts all RA credits), I really just want to make sure they will count it as UL.

The class is BYU's Independent Study PSYCH-350 Introduction to Social Psychology. I'm 99.9% sure they will count it as UL based on it's course code at BYU but I want to make certain before I shell out a little over $600 counting the textbook
Completed:

Up Next:

Email advising and ask them to plan them in. If you're not enrolled, they may not do it, but it can't hurt to ask.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-08-2018, 04:48 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 04:29 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: You could post them on the forum and I know there are some who would be able to tell you if they will, or will not, count with TESU.

Oh, I know they will count (TESU accepts all RA credits), I really just want to make sure they will count it as UL.

The class is BYU's Independent Study PSYCH-350 Introduction to Social Psychology. I'm 99.9% sure they will count it as UL based on it's course code at BYU but I want to make certain before I shell out a little over $600 counting the textbook

Just bear in mind that TESU requires 6 credits for social psychology. So, it has to be two courses in the same subject. Even if this BYU course counts as UL, see that the second course option does not duplicate.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(12-08-2018, 05:10 PM)davewill Wrote: Email advising and ask them to plan them in. If you're not enrolled, they may not do it, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thank you, that's what I'll do. Last I checked I wasn't officially enrolled yet, though I did complete the cornerstone on 12/3. And I can't check to see if I am officially enrolled because Online Student Services appears to be down.

(12-08-2018, 05:42 PM)Supermind Wrote: Just bear in mind that TESU requires 6 credits for social psychology. So, it has to be two courses in the same subject. Even if this BYU course counts as UL, see that the second course option does not duplicate.

Yeah my plan is to take one UL (the BYU course) and one LL (either through my CC if they offer it online in the Spring quarter or through SDC). Though I may just decide to see if Ohio U's Social Psychology of Justice is a duplicate of the BYU class, as it appears to be UL as well.
Completed:

Up Next:

(12-08-2018, 05:48 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 05:10 PM)davewill Wrote: Email advising and ask them to plan them in. If you're not enrolled, they may not do it, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thank you, that's what I'll do. Last I checked I wasn't officially enrolled yet, though I did complete the cornerstone on 12/3. And I can't check to see if I am officially enrolled because Online Student Services appears to be down.

The TESU student portal and student services websites are undergoing maintenance this weekend and will be down until Sunday @ 10 pm eastern.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(12-08-2018, 07:50 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 05:48 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

The TESU student portal and student services websites are undergoing maintenance this weekend and will be down until Sunday @ 10 pm eastern.

FYI, it looks like TESU finished their maintenance early. The student portal and OSS are back up.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 613 10 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 140 11 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 538 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 404 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 319 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill