Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning a BSBA in HR
Hello! I am trying to graduate Charter Oak State College by Spring 2022. 
These are the courses that I have taken so far:

CLEP- Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, US History 1, US History 2, Introductory Psychology, Introductory Sociology, Introduction to Educational Psychology, Human Growth and Development, College Composition, American Literature, Principles of Marketing.

SOPHIA - The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Accounting, Business Law, Environmental Science, Foundations of Statistics, Human Biology, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Ethics, Introduction to Information Technology, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Principles of Finance, Project Management, Public Speaking.

STRAGHTERLINE - Introduction to Religion, College Algebra.

According to Charter Oak, these are the courses I think I still need to take:

HRM 312:Employment law
HRM 310: HR management
BUS 201: Business statistics
MGT 316: Organizational behavior
ACC 102: Managerial accounting
ACC 101: Financial accounting
HRM 311: Managing People in a Global Economy
FIN 210: Finance Management

I found all of the courses on Study.com except for:

FIN 210: Finance Management.

Does anyone know who provides these courses, and if not, what courses could substitute for these courses?
And am I on the right track?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ftlmom's post:
  • Vle045
You have a problem: COSC requires 30cr of RA - 6cr will come from there, and 24cr must come from wherever you want. It looks like you haven't done any, so you're going to need to plan those in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vle045
UMPI doesn't have HR, but perhaps you might want to consider them as an option. 24 credits of RA for COSC is probably going to mean doing things like taking the English Comp TECEPs for the RA credit instead of using the CLEP exam you did. With UMPI, you must do at least 30 credits at the school and complete the majority of your UL credits there. You just need a science with a lab (from SDC) and Spanish from InstantCert and you're all set for UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Think you need to take the rest at Charter oak (or another RA school if you have one available)
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
To just answer your original question:

These are core courses, so required for all business degrees:
BUS 201: Business statistics
MGT 316: Organizational behavior
ACC 102: Managerial accounting
ACC 101: Financial accounting
FIN 210: Finance Management >> Finance 104: Financial Management

These are HR electives, and you only need 3 (and there are others you can take instead):
HRM 312:Employment law
HRM 310: HR management

These are what I would choose from (3 UL courses are required):
BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management >> HRM 310 Human Resource Management
BUS 314: Employment Law >> HRM 312 Employment Law
BUS 319: Negotiations and Conflict Management >> (UL Business/Human Resource Elective)
BUS 325: Union & Labor Relations >> MGT 425 Union & Labor Relations (UL Business/Human Resource Elective)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-11-2021, 12:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You have a problem: COSC requires 30cr of RA - 6cr will come from there, and 24cr must come from wherever you want.  It looks like you haven't done any, so you're going to need to plan those in.

For the HR concentration only or for all degrees?
(08-12-2021, 06:54 AM)ftlmom Wrote: For the HR concentration only or for all degrees?

That's for all degrees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I would suggest getting the Bachelors as quickly as possible, HR is just a concentration. I would even recommend just doing a BLS at UMPI, then ladder that up to Walden's MS in HRM - Tempo Learning. If you can get that done in two terms, you're paying $2700/term, it'll only cost you $5400 for the Masters. Couple that with an UMPI degree for 2-3 terms $2800-$4200 and you have BOTH for under $10K.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-12-2021, 06:54 AM)ftlmom Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 12:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You have a problem: COSC requires 30cr of RA - 6cr will come from there, and 24cr must come from wherever you want.  It looks like you haven't done any, so you're going to need to plan those in.

For the HR concentration only or for all degrees?

COSC made this a requirement a while ago now - all bachelor's degrees require this (TESU as well).

If I were you, and had no RA credits, I'd get a BSBA or BLS at UMPI.  No HR concentration, but the cost is going to be well below what it would cost at this point to get your remaining credits through Study.com AND get your 24cr of RA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 7 144 2 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 647 2 hours ago
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 339 8 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,859 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 17 1,025 03-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Big Grin Degree Planning - Longtime listener, first time caller Wiser Indigenous 10 857 03-17-2024, 01:15 PM
Big Grin Degree Planning Advice - Pierpont to UMPI or WGU ElBert 11 550 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bobsleigh - Degree Planning Advice - Help Please Bobsleigh 44 3,075 03-01-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Bobsleigh
  Route Planning KagomeH 3 242 02-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Advice Needed - Degree Planning - Help Please Caecal07 5 360 02-23-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Caecal07