Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning my BSBA Marketing Degree
Hey Gang,

Back again! This forum has been incredible! I wanted to gauge the opinion of those who have completed the BSBA Marketing degree and those who have knowledge on what would be the quickest/most cost effective path. I would appreciate anyone who would be willing to assist with creating a spreadsheet regarding my degree course. 

What would be possible for me to test out of? Also, regarding my evaluation, how would I fulfill the 1 credit remaining under General Requirements part D: Natural World?

I have attached my credits evaluation below for my BSBA Marketing Degree. **Note: I have completed the Ethics course through The Institutes, they just haven’t updated yet”

THANK YOU!

Attached Files
.pdf   Credits Evaluation .pdf (Size: 251.8 KB / Downloads: 34)
I don't have any experience with BSBAs, but for GenEds I highly recommend the College Comp Modular and Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEPs, if CLEP is an option. No writing required for either, free if you get the Modern States vouchers, and you can knock out the ENC101 and Info Literacy requirements. I've heard of many people passing both of these with little to no prep (personally I did almost no prep and got a 70 on the Composition and 71 on Literature, and for both I felt that my limited prep didn't really do anything for me). Worth a shot for fast & easy if you're within reasonable drive time from a test center.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Take as many courses as you can at StraighterLine, as I was able to blow through an insane amount in a short period of time. Then take your remaining AOS upper-level courses at Study.com.

I started in July, and am enrolled for the Business Admin Capstone starting next month, with 4 courses remaining and expected graduation in March. It will have taken me a total of 8 months, and I started with around 21 credits.
(10-16-2018, 02:56 PM)ThirtySomething Wrote: Hey Gang,

Back again! This forum has been incredible! I wanted to gauge the opinion of those who have completed the BSBA Marketing degree and those who have knowledge on what would be the quickest/most cost effective path. I would appreciate anyone who would be willing to assist with creating a spreadsheet regarding my degree course. 

What would be possible for me to test out of? Also, regarding my evaluation, how would I fulfill the 1 credit remaining under General Requirements part D: Natural World?

I have attached my credits evaluation below for my BSBA Marketing Degree. **Note: I have completed the Ethics course through The Institutes, they just haven’t updated yet”

THANK YOU!

I believe you can get all the AOS credits through Study.com (UL and LL), and the degree specific required CORE (like the marketing research).  I only took one marketing course for my BSBA-GM (and it was through study.com) - Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising UL @ TESU - I'd recommend it to anyone needing an UL Marketing course.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-16-2018, 05:05 PM)activechamp06 Wrote: Take as many courses as you can at StraighterLine, as I was able to blow through an insane amount in a short period of time. Then take your remaining AOS upper-level courses at Study.com.

I started in July, and am enrolled for the Business Admin Capstone starting next month, with 4 courses remaining and expected graduation in March. It will have taken me a total of 8 months, and I started with around 21 credits.

Thanks so much for the advice! Did you end up doing the StraighterLine $99/a month membership or did you pay as you go? I would love to see how you went about it. I would love to complete this in 8 months and I’m itching to get started, I just want to make sure my route is cost effective.
You are required to have the $99 monthly membership in order to take courses
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(10-25-2018, 11:09 AM)ThirtySomething Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 05:05 PM)activechamp06 Wrote: Take as many courses as you can at StraighterLine, as I was able to blow through an insane amount in a short period of time. Then take your remaining AOS upper-level courses at Study.com.

Thanks so much for the advice! Did you end up doing the StraighterLine $99/a month membership or did you pay as you go? I would love to see how you went about it. I would love to complete this in 8 months and I’m itching to get started, I just want to make sure my route is cost effective.

Like the previous poster stated the $99 subscription fee is a requirement + the cost of the course. This is why straighterline is a great value for those that are able to fly through multiple courses in a month.

Here was my strategy:

I found it easiest to focus on knocking out my math courses first, which I did at Aleks. $20 for 1 month and I was able to complete College Algebra, Statistics, and Trigonometry. Make sure to go to your ace transcript and submit the courses to them when you're complete.

Next, take all the remaining Lower Level courses at StraighterLine, then send the transcript to TESU and cancel your subscription. (I also recommend submitting all SL courses to ACE so you have a record of them) Then sign up for study.com (which is $199 a month for 2 tests and $70 for each additional test) and complete your upper-level courses. SL doesn't offer many upper-level courses, and study.com has more than enough to fill the UL credit requirement.

Mine ended up working out like this.

I brought in 15 courses from B&M (Not all counted toward my degree plan which is BSBA in GM)
Completed 3 math courses at Aleks in July (1 month)
Completed 18 courses at SL from July-Oct (3 months)
--Submit Ace transcript + SL transcript to TESU for evaluation (It took 3 weeks to complete the evaluation. I registered for Capstone before eval was complete)
--Register for Capstone which starts Nov-5 (Expected graduation date of March)
In Progress Complete 6 remaining courses at Study.com (currently finished 1, with 5 remaining)

My goal is to finish my remaining 5 classes + Capstone by mid-December and submit my transcript to TESU. This will give me a little le-way time in case any of those 6 courses are not creditworthy. (which is unlikely because I've done my due diligence)
(10-25-2018, 04:39 PM)activechamp06 Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 11:09 AM)ThirtySomething Wrote:

Like the previous poster stated the $99 subscription fee is a requirement + the cost of the course. This is why straighterline is a great value for those that are able to fly through multiple courses in a month.

Here was my strategy:

I found it easiest to focus on knocking out my math courses first, which I did at Aleks. $20 for 1 month and I was able to complete College Algebra, Statistics, and Trigonometry. Make sure to go to your ace transcript and submit the courses to them when you're complete.

Next, take all the remaining Lower Level courses at StraighterLine, then send the transcript to TESU and cancel your subscription. (I also recommend submitting all SL courses to ACE so you have a record of them) Then sign up for study.com (which is $199 a month for 2 tests and $70 for each additional test) and complete your upper-level courses. SL doesn't offer many upper-level courses, and study.com has more than enough to fill the UL credit requirement.

Mine ended up working out like this.

I brought in 15 courses from B&M (Not all counted toward my degree plan which is BSBA in GM)
Completed 3 math courses at Aleks in July (1 month)
Completed 18 courses at SL from July-Oct (3 months)
--Submit Ace transcript + SL transcript to TESU for evaluation (It took 3 weeks to complete the evaluation. I registered for Capstone before eval was complete)
--Register for Capstone which starts Nov-5 (Expected graduation date of March)
In Progress Complete 6 remaining courses at Study.com (currently finished 1, with 5 remaining)

My goal is to finish my remaining 5 classes + Capstone by mid-December and submit my transcript to TESU. This will give me a little le-way time in case any of those 6 courses are not creditworthy. (which is unlikely because I've done my due diligence)

This is a lot of help! Thank you! Quick question---can you tell me more about ACE? And what exactly its purpose is as opposed to sending my credits as I go to TESU?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 288 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 243 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 498 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,265 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,534 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
  Almost finished with dual CIS/CS degree - HELP! ACI 22 2,015 01-04-2024, 03:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az