Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Advice needed! TESU enrollment expiring.
I certainly wouldn't pay the $70 if I had a TECEP option instead. Seems like a waste of money, unless you don't need any more credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the replies... I emailed TESU Enrollment. Let's see what they say...

Basically, I want to take the Liberal Arts Capstone Course LIB-495 for July 2018 Term.
Will this course keep me enrolled at TESU? The course registration starts May 18 - June 16, 2018.
From their webpage link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-calendar

I need to know when my Enrollment ends because I need to finish a Study.com course and send in the transcript.
This will allow me to get access to a discounted tuition for the Capstone Course and Residency Waiver fee.
Because transcripts take a while to be sent/received, can I pay for the fees first and get reimbursed afterward?

I am currently enrolled and doing a BSBA General Management degree, I want to complete a BALS with NSM concentration.
I was also wondering if taking a TECEP or two, will that continue my enrollment at TESU?
I will be sending more transcripts in soon. Thank you for your time and help with this matter.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(05-11-2018, 03:17 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Thanks for the replies... I emailed TESU Enrollment.  Let's see what they say...

Basically, I want to take the Liberal Arts Capstone Course LIB-495 for July 2018 Term.
Will this course keep me enrolled at TESU? The course registration starts May 18 - June 16, 2018.
From their webpage link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-calendar

I need to know when my Enrollment ends because I need to finish a Study.com course and send in the transcript.
This will allow me to get access to a discounted tuition for the Capstone Course and Residency Waiver fee.
Because transcripts take a while to be sent/received, can I pay for the fees first and get reimbursed afterward?

I am currently enrolled and doing a BSBA General Management degree,  I want to complete a BALS with NSM concentration.
I was also wondering if taking a TECEP or two, will that continue my enrollment at TESU?
I will be sending more transcripts in soon.  Thank you for your time and help with this matter.

Either a TECEP or online course at TESU will keep you enrolled.

Also, you can't get a BSBA and a BALS/NSM at the same time.  They don't allow 2 degrees with different "schools" within the university at the same time.  You would have to get the BSBA, then after it is conferred, you can go back and get the BALS/NSM - although you will probably have to pay another Residency Waiver.  Not sure it's worth it, only you can decide that.  A better/cheaper option might be a BALS/NSM, and then go to WGU to get an MBA...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
No you can't get reimbursed later for the study.com discount. You need to get that put on your record before registering for the capstone.

In your shoes, I'd go ahead and schedule a call with advising. They might just handle the whole thing right on the call.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
FYI, Update: I received an email from TESU today. This will give me more time to finish my BSBA & BALS.

Hello,

Thank you for your request. By registering for a July 2018 term course your enrollment with the University will remain active.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Yesterday I received a different response from TESU via telephone, though I am on a Catalog Year Extension, and am not currently enrolled. I did not get a e-mail warning me about a lapse or expiration, and my CYE expires tomorrow May 19th, and I only know that because I called in to find out. 

I was told by the first person I spoke with, that I should either submit an application to enroll and sign up for a TECEP, or pay for another CYE. ($70).  I opted for the TECEP, so I was transferred to a financial registration department, to re-register and pay.  The person in that department, advised of a new policy, that allows a 3 year grace period, and also that the CYE is not necessary.  She could not point me to it on the website. I am calling in again today, to see what i get for an answer, and will most likely sign up for a TECEP, as I anticipate finishing by end of year. Has anyone else been told or heard of the newly established 3 year grace period?
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore